Cycling is popular in Wallonia, filled with arguably the greatest variety and most wonderful cycling the country has to offer.
This diversity stems from overturning a misperception, namely that Belgian cycling is all about pancake-flat riding. Of course, there are routes and rides where the gradient barely tips over 0.5%, which is perfect for sightseeing and a chilled-out day in the saddle.
But Wallonia also provides hilly terrain for those of you looking to build stamina and test your mettle.
Breathtaking regioanl routes with RAVeL
Walloon's RAVeL cycle network is a feat of engineering, linking the most beautiful areas of the region via some truly breathtaking routes. It stretches 1,350km and features 45 routes.
- W1: Dendre and Hauts-Pays, Grammont to Les Honnelles - 72km
- W3: The Carnival of Binche Route, Tubize to Chimay - 111km
- W4: Canals, Waterways and Rivers. Leers-Nord to Anhee - 188km
- W6: Over the Water, Chaudfontaine to Erquelinnes - 164km
Belgian Brew, with international flavour
Two cosmopolitan itineraries with hearts inthe Walloon region that also reach out to other countries.
- Eurovelo 3: The Pilgrims' Route
- Eurovelo 5: The Via Remea Francigena
Variety on the Vennbahn
The Vennbahn self guided cycling holiday showcases the best the walloon region has to offer.
- Day 1: Eupen to St Vith - 59km
- Day 2: St Vith to Clervaux - 32 or 50 km
- Day 3: Clervaux to Butgenbach - 65km
- Day 4: Butgenbach to Monshcau - 38km
- Day 5: Monscheau to Maastricht - 60 or 75 km
Meander on the Meuse
The Renowned International Eurovelo 19 should be on your cycling bucketlist, whatever your experience or ability.
- Maastricht to Liege
- Liege to Namur
- Namur to Dinant
- Dinant to Haybes
Download our brochures for more information
Cycling Guide To Wallonia
Wallonia By Bike
Cycling in East Belgium