Our long-distance itineraries allow you to explore every corner of the region, following the signposts through an ever-changing landscape.
The regional routes mainly follow the greenway sections of the RAVeL tracks.
Nine itineraries are fully usable along their entire course, and two more will be introduced soon. These long-distance routes form a structured network that allows cyclists to move safely around most of Wallonia.
Itinerary W0: The Route of the Capitals
This itinerary is the same as the EuroVelo 5 route.
- Distance: 240 km.
- Walloon towns and cities along the route: Brussels, Wavre, Namur, Dinant, Ciney, Marche-en-Famenne, La-Roche-en-Ardenne and Bastogne.
Itinerary W1: Between Dendre and Hauts-Pays
- Distance: 71 km.
- Belgian towns and cities along the route: Geraardsbergen, Beloeil, Honnelles via Ath, the Nimy-Blaton-Péronnes canal between Bernissart and Harchies, the Pommeroeul-Condé canal between Harchies and Hensies, Élouges (Dour).
Itinerary W2: The Beer Route
- Distance: Currently 179 km, 314 km once extended.
- Belgian towns and cities along the route: Braine-l’Alleud/Waterloo, Wavre, Jodoigne, Hannut, Liège, Herve, Trois-Bornes (Plombières) and, once extended, a western section of West Leers-Nord (Estaimpuis), Ronse, Lessines, Enghien and Braine-l’Alleud.
Itinerary W3: Carnival Route
- Distance: 113 km.
- Belgian towns and cities along the route: Tubize, La Louvière, Thuin, Beaumont, Chimay, and following the Canal du Centre between Seneffe and La Louvière.
Itinerary W4: Canals, Waterways and Rivers
- Distance: 190 km.
- Belgian towns and cities along the route: Leers-Nord (Estaimpuis), Tournai, Péruwelz, Mons, La Louvière, Charleroi and Anhée.
Itinerary W5: From One Valley to the Next
- Distance: Currently 111 km, 264 km once completed.
- Towns and cities along the route: Hoegaarden, Namur, Dinant, Givet (France), and, once completed, Gedinne, Vresse-sur-Semois, Bouillon, Florenville and Martelange.
Itinerary W6: Following the Rivers
- Distance: Currently 170 km, 208 km in the future.
- Belgian towns and cities along the route: Chaudfontaine, Huy, Namur, Charleroi, Thuin and Erquelinnes. In the future an extra section to the east will link Eupen - Verviers with Chaudfontaine.
Itinerary W7: The Ardennes Road
- Distance: 207 km.
- Walloon towns and cities along the route: Lanaye, Liège, Durbuy, La-Roche-en-Ardenne, Libramont and Bouillon.
Itinerary W8: Between the Fens and the Famenne (under construction)
- Distance: 235 km.
- Belgian towns and cities along the route: Momignies, Chimay, Mariembourg, Dinant, Ciney, Durbuy, Vielsalm, Malmedy or St.Vith and Losheimergraben (Büllingen).
Itinerary W9: The Nature-lovers’ Cycle Route
- Distance: Currently 157 km.
- Towns and cities: Raeren, Monschau (Germany), St. Vith, Gouvy, Bastogne and Martelange. In the future a 212 km section towards Arlon-Virton will be added to the route.
Find out more