In a country where there were once more breweries than churches, you will find in Wallonia: Lambic, Gueuze, Saison, Abbey and Trappist... One for every mood!
Abbey breweries, nestled in stunning buildings surrounded by peaceful countryside, will make you feel like time has stopped. Add to this micro and traditional breweries... To meet our wonderful artisans and learn a few secrets from them, make sure to have a look at our beer routes exploring the South of Belgium.
Our passionate master brewers all have their own way of infusing a brew with bespoke flavours... Expect to be wowed at each tasting! You will find their welcome is as generous as their beers.
- Page 1
- L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is made© Espace ChimayBourlers
L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is madeL'Espace Chimay, dedicated to Chimay cheese and beer, presents the Chimay Experience, an interactive visit of the brewery. To be consumed with no moderation!
- The Achouffe brewery: just follow the gnome© La ChouffeWibrin
The Achouffe brewery: just follow the gnomeFollow the red-hatted gnomes to the Achouffe Brewery, located a few kilometres from Houffalize and discover the Ardenne brewing world.
- The Brasserie de Bellevaux, a family microbrewery in Malmedy© ostbelgien.eu – Dominik KetzMalmedy
The Brasserie de Bellevaux, a family microbrewery in MalmedyLocated in the Eastern Cantons, the Brasserie de Bellevaux will introduce you to the delights of its artisanal Ardenne brews.
- The Brasserie Saint-Feuillien in Le Roeulx© Brasserie St-FeuillienLe Roeulx
The Brasserie Saint-Feuillien in Le RoeulxWelcome to the Brasserie Saint-Feuillien in Le Roeulx, featuring more than a century of abbey beer tradition, a family passion and know how.
- The Villers Abbey's microbrewery© Erwin FurnièreVillers-la-Ville
The Villers Abbey's microbreweryIn the Villers Abbey's archive was found one of the monks' recipes for beer, dating back to the 18th century. This precious find inspired new recipes to its microbrewery.
- Dubuisson brewery (Pipaix, Hainaut region)© Brasserie DubuissonPipaix
Dubuisson brewery (Pipaix, Hainaut region)The oldest brewery in Wallonia! The story starts in 1933, when Alfred Dubuisson created the Bush, which recipe is still enjoyed, unchanged to this day... along with other fantastic natural beers.
- The Brasserie des Fagnes in Mariembourg© Brasserie des FagnesMariembourg
The Brasserie des Fagnes in MariembourgStep into the Brasserie des Fagnes de Mariembourg and discover the art of brewing the Super des Fagnes: the visit is free.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- The Aulne Abbey brewery and its restaurant | Gozée© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne Abbey brewery and its restaurant | GozéeThis Belgian artisanal brewery makes certified Acknowledged Belgian Abbey Beer at the heart of the historical ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey.
- Gueuzerie Tilquin (Rebecq)© Geuzerie Tilquin S.A.Bierghes
Gueuzerie Tilquin (Rebecq)Located in Bierghes in the Senne valley, the Gueuzerie Tilquin - Geuzestekerij - is the only Gueuse brewery in Wallonia.
- The Erquelinnes microbrewery© FTLB - P. WillemsErquelinnes
The Erquelinnes microbreweryThe Erquelinne mirobrewery, by the French border, is sure to delight visitors with its malty creations, inspired by traditional festivities.
- The Cosse Brewery in Grâce-Hollogne© WBT - Ph. LermusiauxGrâce-Hollogne
The Cosse Brewery in Grâce-HollogneLearn all about brewing with a guided tour of the Brasserie Cosse in Grâce-Hollogne, a family brewery on the rise.
- L'Escaillonne: a traditional brewery in l'Escaillère | Chimay© L'EscaillonneChimay
L'Escaillonne: a traditional brewery in l'Escaillère | ChimayL'Escaillonne is an artisanal, family-managed brewery in the Chimay region, known for its traditionally made brews. Located on the culminating point of Hainaut, it is sure to give you quite a high!
- Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy de Rochefort Abbey© WBT-DenisErroyauxRochefort
Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy de Rochefort AbbeyA community of Trappist and Cistercian monks of strict observance live on the abbey.
- Sainte-Hélène: an artisanal brewery in Florenville (Gaume)© Brasserie artisanale Sainte-HélèneFlorenville
Sainte-Hélène: an artisanal brewery in Florenville (Gaume)Sainte-Hélène, the very first brewery in Gaume, offers a choice of 6 characterful creations, each following a traditional, artisanal brewing process: malt, hops and no artificial additive.
- The Brasserie Authentique (Blaton)© FTLB - P. WillemsBlaton
The Brasserie Authentique (Blaton)Visit an authentic Belgian brasserie in Blaton. All beers are brewed and bottled on the premises.
- The Brasserie Caracole in Falmignoul© Brasserie CaracoleFalmignoul
The Brasserie Caracole in FalmignoulDiscover the secrets of the barley whisperers. While visiting the region of Dinant, make sure you check out the tanks heated on wood fire.
- Brasserie Deseveaux© WBT - Ph. LermusiauxBoussu
Brasserie DeseveauxIn the heart of the Hanneton valley, the Brasserie Deseveaux presents its range of craft beer brewed with a little twist.
- Brasserie de Brunehaut© Erik VerdonckBrunehaut
Brasserie de BrunehautThis brewery combines the traditional in bottle refermentation with modern production techniques.
- Brasserie Millevertus, an artisanal brewery© Brasserie Artisanale MillevertusBreuvanne
Brasserie Millevertus, an artisanal breweryIs there a better place than the Gaume, along the Semois to build a brewery? Come and visit the new Brasserie Millevertus to see for yourself.
- The Saint-Monon brewery, blending skills and beers in Ambly© Brasserie Saint-MononAmbly
The Saint-Monon brewery, blending skills and beers in AmblyStop by the Saint-Monon brewery in Ambly and try Pierre Jacob's craft beers: he is the youngest brewer in Wallonia! White, lager, amber, ale - there is one
- The Lesse brewery in Eprave© Brasserie de la LesseEprave
The Lesse brewery in EpraveIt all started in 2011. Friends from Rochefort, real beer and terroir lovers, decided to start their very own brewery. Not any, though, the Lesse (in Eprave), is a cooperative which aims, through its production to developing alternative solutions to economy, energy and environment linked crisis.
- Leffe Beer Museum© FTLB - P. WillemsDinant
Leffe Beer MuseumLeffe, one of the most famous Belgian abbey beers, invites you to visit it museum in Dinant: the secret of its production has been well kept since 1240.
- The Gen Goulf brewery (Villers-devant-Orval)© FTLB - P. WillemsVillers-devant-Orval
The Gen Goulf brewery (Villers-devant-Orval)Welcome to Villers-devant-Orval, famous for the Orval Abbey and its patron, Saint Gangolf: the inspiration for the Gen Goulf brewery and its craft beer.
- Brasserie Artisanale Invictus (Louette-Saint-Pierre)© FTLB - P. WillemsLouette-Saint-Pierre
Brasserie Artisanale Invictus (Louette-Saint-Pierre)Located in the stunning setting of the Croix-Scaille forest, Brasserie Artisanale Invictus opens visitors warmly.
- The Brasserie de la Lienne in Lierneux© zythologie.netLierneux
The Brasserie de la Lienne in LierneuxThe Brasserie de la Lienne, located in the Belgian Ardenne, in Lierneux, serves an exceptional beer. One of the most beautiful regions of the country...
- The Brasserie Saint-Lazare© Brasserie Saint-LazareMons
The Brasserie Saint-LazareThe Brasserie Saint-Lazare specialises in bespoke beer... Come and discover the brewery in Mons how the magic happens.
- The Brasserie Caulier in Péruwelz© Raphael LepersPéruwelz
The Brasserie Caulier in PéruwelzThis brewery has been producing artisanal beers for 20 years (4 passionate generations!) already, using local ingredients: Blanche des Sources, La Vieille de Bon Secours (blonde, amber, dark, fruity), Blonde de Noël.
- The Brasserie du Renard© FTLB - P. WillemsGrez-Doiceau
The Brasserie du RenardThis microbrewery, based in Grez-Doiceau produces artisanal beers using distinctive ingredients such as spice or fresh fruit.
- The Jandrain-Jandrenouille brewery© Brasserie Jandrain-JandrenouilleJandrain-Jandrenouille
The Jandrain-Jandrenouille breweryThe Jandrain-Jandrenouille brewery, set in a typical farm of the Walloon Brabant province, focuses not only on a short circuit (local or Belgian malts, water from the village) but also on green energy.
- Brasserie "Eupener Brauerei" à Eupen© WBT - Ph. LermusiauxEupen
Brasserie "Eupener Brauerei" à Eupengze
- Hoppy: a microbrewery in Soignies© Brasserie HoppyNeufvilles
Hoppy: a microbrewery in SoigniesThis young microbrewery was created in Neufviles by two friends passionate about craft beer.
- The Tête Chargée brewery in Limelette© Fleur CamermanOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The Tête Chargée brewery in LimeletteThis young microbrewery, based in Limelette, produces high fermentation beers, prepared on an open flame.
- Brasserie des Eaux Vives© FTLB - P. WillemsRomerée
Brasserie des Eaux VivesCome and discover the skills of master brewers at the Brasserie des Eaux Vives de Romerée.
- Brasserie de Silenrieux© Rue Noupré 1Silenrieux
Brasserie de SilenrieuxCome and taste the Joseph and the Sara, 2 organic beers produced by the Brasserie de Silenrieux: a relaxing time by the Eaux d'Heure dam.
- The Abbaye des Rocs brewery© WBT - Emmanuel MathezMontignies-sur-Roc
The Abbaye des Rocs breweryFancy trying a different kind of beer? The Abbaye des Rocs brewery, between Dour and Quièvrain in the Hainaut, awaits!
- La Frasnoise, a traditional brewery© FTLB - P. WillemsFrasnes-Lez-Buissenal
La Frasnoise, a traditional breweryThe craft brewery La Frasnoise is located at the foot of the hills of the Frasnes-lez-Buissenal. Come and try this wonderful, traditionally made beer.
- Brasserie de Cazeau in Tournai© FTLB - P. WillemsTempleuve
Brasserie de Cazeau in TournaiThe Brasserie de Cazeau, a family brewery, invites you to try their craft beer, full of character.
- La Botteresse brewery© Mirko VitaliSaint-Georges-Sur-Meuse
La Botteresse breweryThe Botteresse brewery, located in the village of Sur-Les-Bois in the province of Liège, offers high density beers, full of flavours.
- The Brasserie de Marsinne (Couthuin)© FTLB - P. WillemsCouthuin
The Brasserie de Marsinne (Couthuin)Discover the Brasserie de Marsinne in Couthuin (Liège region) and its delicious beers.
- The Brasserie des Carrières (Basècles)© Eric ChristiaensBasècles
The Brasserie des Carrières (Basècles)Spend an afternoon at the Brasserie des Carrières in the province of Hainaut to taste a delicious Diôle beer: lager, dark, amber or fruity. Fantastic!
- The Brasserie de Silly© FTLB - P. WillemsSilly
The Brasserie de SillyThe Brasserie de Silly is located at the centre of the Ath, Enghien and Soignies triangle. 6 generations have worked there: it's all part of the family DNA!
- The Brasserie des Légendes© Brasserie des QuintineEllezelles
The Brasserie des LégendesDiscover the mysterious world of the Brasserie des Légendes in Ellezelles: 100% natural beers, from the field to the glass.
- The Brasserie du Clocher© Brasserie du Clocher – Crédit L.CheffertNamur
The Brasserie du ClocherSet in a former church on the heights of Namur, this brewery produces a light, floral lager as well as an amber beer full of character.
- The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm's microbrewery and museum (Waterloo)© WBT - Denis ErroyauxWaterloo
The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm's microbrewery and museum (Waterloo)The Mont-Saint-Jean Farm, in Waterloo, is home to a museum and a microbrewery. This historical location served as a surgical hospital for the British and Allied troops during the famous battle.
- Brasserie de Rochehaut: a microbrewery near Bouillon© Brasserie de RochehautBouillon
Brasserie de Rochehaut: a microbrewery near BouillonLocated at the heart of a picturesque village overlooking the Semois, this family-managed microbrewery invites you to discover the site. During the (free) visit, you will see the production/bottling area. There also is a play area, a restaurant area where you can try the brewery's creations.
- Brasserie de Blaugies in Dour© FTLB - P. WillemsDour
Brasserie de Blaugies in DourTaste unfiltered craft beers, refermented in bottle, using yeast: La Moneuse, La Moneuse de Noël, La Saison d’Épeautre, and La Darbyste.
- La brasserie de Bouillon and Le marché de Nathalie© brasserie de BouillonSensenruth
La brasserie de Bouillon and Le marché de NathalieLe Marché de Nathalie and La Brasserie de Bouillon have been sharing their passion for beer since 1994.
- Page 1