Wallonia has many different winemakers, from enlightened amateurs to vineyards with a more commercial focus.
Although the region is situated at the northern limit of vine cultivation, wine has been made here since around the 9th century, but had disappeared from the region by the 18th century.
After a long absence it reappeared in the 1960s, and today ambitious projects using the latest techniques and grape varieties are starting to be noticed by wine-lovers from far and wide. Why don’t you try some for yourself?
Type of activity
- Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at Lustin© Denis KarpenkovSorinnes
Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at LustinDiscover a vineyard which brings together a diversity of grape varieties offering a great range of wines. Enjoy local products from the region of Lustin
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- The vineyard of La Ferme Bleue in Comines© mdtwapiComines
The vineyard of La Ferme Bleue in CominesThe vineyard of the Blue Farmhouse is located in a natural area of 2 hectares, a veritable paradise for birds and plants. Come and visit the vines.
- The Clos LoJerAu vineyard© WBT - Olivier LegardienFlobecq
The Clos LoJerAu vineyardThe LoJerAu vineyard was created in 2005 and is extending still...
- Visit'Entreprise | Château de Bioul© Fabrice DebattyBioul
Visit'Entreprise | Château de BioulThe Château de Bioul is proud of an 11 hectares vineyard, created by 2 passionate winemakers. Why not stop by to learn more about their skills and passion?
- ApéReiff's fruit wines in Rebecq© FTLB - P. WillemsRebecq
ApéReiff's fruit wines in RebecqApéReiff, in Rebecq, produces 12 different types of wines and 3 kinds of fruit juice - all natural, no additive nor fake aroma.
- Arel Maitrank in Arlon© FTLB - P. WillemsArlon
Arel Maitrank in ArlonThis wonderful address produces Maitrank, a pleasant alcoholic drink traditional in the Pays d'Arlon. Their artisanal creation comes in two versions: sparkling or rosé.
- The Domaine du Chenoy vineyard© Olivier Sanglier – EventphotoviewEmines
The Domaine du Chenoy vineyardLe Domaine du Chenoy is a 10 hectares vineyard near Namur, created in 2003. It aims at creating wines reflecting the Belgian terroir.
- Villers-la-Ville Abbey vineyards© Christophe WaterkeynVillers-la-Ville
Villers-la-Ville Abbey vineyardsJoin the Confrérie du vignoble de l'Abbaye de Villers for a visit of the most famous abbey in Walloon Brabant's vineyards.
- The Château de Bousval vineyard© Vignoble du Château de BousvalBousval
The Château de Bousval vineyardDiscover the story of the Château de Bousval vineyard, a local production with a fascinating range of products.
- Domaine de Mellemont vineyard© FTLB - P. WillemsPerwez
Domaine de Mellemont vineyardCome and discover the Mellemont vineyard in Thorembais (Walloon Brabant), a stunning estate.
- Le vin de Liège wine cooperative© WBT - Olivier LegardienHeure-le-Romain
Le vin de Liège wine cooperativeCreated in December 2010, the Vin de Liège cooperative brings back vineyards to the Liège region: 12 hectares have been planted between 2012 and 2014.
- Septem Triones: organic vineyards in Chaudfontaine© Yvette DillenChaudfontaine
Septem Triones: organic vineyards in ChaudfontaineYou may know Jean Galler already... as a chocolatier. Wine is its second passion and this organic vineyard in Chaudfontaine, his knew quest for excellence.
- The Domaine du Ry d'Argent vineyard in Namur© Domaine du Ry d'ArgentBovesse
The Domaine du Ry d'Argent vineyard in NamurCome and discover the Domaine du Ry d'Argent vineyard in Namur: a fantastic opportunity to learn how grapes are turned into wine, visit the cellar and taste "new style" nectars.
- Le Clos des Zouaves: Thuin vineyard© Le Clos des Zouaves - ThuinThuin
Le Clos des Zouaves: Thuin vineyardThis vineyard, planted in 2001, streteches over Thuin's suspended gardens. The very first harvest, in 2003, proved a real success. So much that the wine produced has now its own Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée: Côtes de Sambre et Meuse.
- The Poirier du Loup vineyard© La Lorraine Gaumaise - M. Laurent
The Poirier du Loup vineyardLocated by one one the most beautiful villages in Wallonia, Poirier du Loup is a communal vineyard managed by forty volunteers.
- Le Clos du Neuf Moulin vineyard© WBT - Olivier LegardienAndenne
Le Clos du Neuf Moulin vineyardIt all started in 1991, with only 60 grave vines planted in by Guy Durieux, passionate about wine making, in his garden. The site now features 350 plants and 14 different varieties of grapes. These are grown without chemical pesticides.
- Les Coteaux de la Legia vineyard© FTLB - P. WillemsAns
Les Coteaux de la Legia vineyardLes Coteaux de la Légia is a fascinating urban vineyard, counting 1,200 plants. Come and discover how rich the past of the estate is...
- Le Délice de Marie, an artisanal producer in Villers-le-Bouillet© FTLB - P. WillemsVillers-le-Bouillet
Le Délice de Marie, an artisanal producer in Villers-le-BouilletLes délices de Marie started in 1995, making small batches of apple cider. This proved s successful they increased their production and added to their range.
- Le Clos des Prébendiers vineyard in Huy© WBT - David SamynHuy
Le Clos des Prébendiers vineyard in HuyJoin a guided tour of Le Clos des Prébendiers estate to learn more about the wines produced near Huy.
- The Agaises vineyard and its sparkling wines (Estinnes)© Marjorie HaurezHaulchin
The Agaises vineyard and its sparkling wines (Estinnes)Make sure to add the Agaises vineyard on your map when planning your road trip in Wallonia. This estate - the largest in Belgium - produces fantastic sparkling wines.
- Try the sparkling wines of Domaine du Chant d'Eole© Domaine du Chant d'EoleQuévy-le-Grand
Try the sparkling wines of Domaine du Chant d'EoleDomaine du Chant d'Eole is a Walloon vineyard in Quévy-le-Grand, a charming village in the countryside of Mons.
- The Domaine du Chapitre: a wine estate in Nivelles© Bertrand HautierNivelles
The Domaine du Chapitre: a wine estate in NivellesThe Hautier family welcomes visitors in their vineyard, in Nivelles: a fantastic opportunity to taste the wines produced at the Domaine du Chapitre.
- DD Spiritueux: an artisanal distillery in Jumet© PixabayJumet
DD Spiritueux: an artisanal distillery in JumetPeket, ratafia, rum, liqueurs, apéritifs, digestif are very much loved for the touch of cheerfulness they bring to a meal. DD Spiritueux, an artisanal distillery in Jumet, invites you to learn how these spirits are made. The visit will of course conclude with a delicious tasting. A fantastic tasting rich in discoveries
- The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueurs© Distillerie de BiercéeRagnies
The Biercée distillery in Ragnies, famous for its eaux-de-vie and liqueursVisit the Biercée distillery to learn some of its secrets - like how 10 kg of fresh fruit become a bottle of Eau de Villée...