Belgium: a name almost synonymous with exquisite chocolate. The best way to share their passion is to let a square of Belgian chocolate melt in your mouth. Come and indulge!
For Wallonia’s best artisans, selecting the best cacao beans, protecting the craftsmanship and expertise of the master chocolatiers, refining recipes and creating new associations of flavours… is not a job but an art.
Belgian chocolate owes its fame to Wallonia’s chocolatiers and their exceptional skills. Their pralines, chocolate tabs and sweet creations often win awards at international competitions and are exported all around the world.
Visit chocolate factories in Wallonia
Does chocolate make you melt? Would you like to know more about our region’s best artisans? You will be spoilt for choice… Start with Darcis, one of the most successful chocolate brands in Wallonia.
The very first Belgian chocolate slab was made in 1840. Since then, our master chocolatiers have experimented with the most fascinating ingredients, from botanicals to spices. Stop by one of the many Walloon chocolate factories to learn how cacao beans are turned into delicious truffles and see the artisans at work in their kitchens. Below is a selection of delicious addresses sure to delight your taste buds.
After all, you cannot be in Belgium and not try one of the world’s best chocolate…
- Cyril's artisanal chocolate shop in Samrée© Cyril ChocolatSamrée
Cyril's artisanal chocolate shop in SamréeIt's in the sweet little village of Samrée, in the heights of the La-Roche-en-Ardenne region, that Cyril, a fascinating artisan chocolatier, opened his chocolate shop. Why not stop by for a tour, learn how his creations are made and even decorate your own chocolate slab?
- The Darcis chocolate shop and museum in Verviers© DarcisVerviers
The Darcis chocolate shop and museum in VerviersJean-Philippe Darcis, Belgian chocolate ambassador and pioneer of the macaron in Belgium, welcomes you in his chocolate museum in Verviers. There you will retrace the origins and history of this fantastic treat through a chocolate trail.
- Bressant: artisanal chocolate Beaumont© Pixel2013 / PixabayBeaumont
Bressant: artisanal chocolate BeaumontThe artisanal chocolate shop Bressant, in Beaumont, offers a delicious range of chocolate creations and sweet treats, all presented in original boxes.
- Visit chocolatier Benoît Nihant's kitchens© Pixabay - HoliHoAwans
Visit chocolatier Benoît Nihant's kitchensBenoît Nihant opened his chocolate shop in 2005. His secret? A rigorous precision in his recipes and the highest quality of products, which he chooses from all places in the world. The chef invites you to share his passion, get a glimpse of the kitchens and of course, tastes exquisite treats.
- Ô Chocolat: a chocolate shop in Dinant© Atelier O ChocolatDinant
Ô Chocolat: a chocolate shop in DinantDiscover surprising alliances of flavours, sure to wow your tastebuds, along with classic but exquisite chocolate origins at Ô Chocolat: 100% artisanal masterpieces.
- Stephen Vandeparre chocolate shop | Leuze, Hainaut© WBT - Gabriele CroppiLeuze-en-Hainaut
Stephen Vandeparre chocolate shop | Leuze, HainautChocolate, pralines, orangettes, citronettes, chocolate spreads, ice-cream, sorbets... Stephen Vandeparre is sure to make you melt!
- Art of Praslin in Wavre© Pixabay- Pixel2013Wavre
Art of Praslin in WavreCome discover Art of Praslin in Wavre, a chocolate factory where the sweet creations are all handmade and have been for over 80 years. No industrial machine here!
- Jean le Chocolatier (Habay-La-Neuve)© p.willemsHabay-La-Neuve
Jean le Chocolatier (Habay-La-Neuve)Jean le Chocolatier invites you to stop by his shop in Habay-La-Neuve (province of Luxembourg) to taste his many creations: chocolate, ice-cream, beer with a twist and other gourmet treats.
- C Comme: an artisanal chocolate shop in Mouscron© WBT - J. JeanmartDottignies
C Comme: an artisanal chocolate shop in MouscronC Comme is an artisanal chocolate shop in Dottignies, near Mouscron. Resistance is futile!
- Charlemagne Chocolatiers, an artisanal chocolate factory in Herstal© Li Botike di LidjeHerstal
Charlemagne Chocolatiers, an artisanal chocolate factory in HerstalThe link between the famous emperor and chocolate? Stop by the Charlemagne chocolate shop in Herstal: the answer may very well lay in a box of pralines.
- Les chocolats d'Edouard: an artisanal chocolate factory in Florenville© WBT - David SamynFlorenville
Les chocolats d'Edouard: an artisanal chocolate factory in FlorenvilleStep into Edouard Bechoux's artisanal chocolate shop to discover a fascinating selection of flavours and a welcoming tasting room. Foodies will delight in making their own chocolate treats or simply by visiting the kitchens. In Florenville, in the province of the Belgian Luxembourg.
- The Defroidmont chocolate museum and chocolate factory in Erezée© WBT - Caroline RaseErezée
The Defroidmont chocolate museum and chocolate factory in ErezéeArtisan Chocolatier Philippe Defroidmont reveals his secrets in its Durbuy and Erezée boutiques. The museum, visit and tasting promise a full chocolate experience.
- Chocolaterie Demaret (Battice)© WBTBattice
Chocolaterie Demaret (Battice)Chocolaterie Demaret has been delighting cacao lovers for over 30 years. Their chocolate creations, made with high quality cacao butter, simply are exquisite.
- Vanlieff: an:artisanal chocolate shop in Chastrès© Pixabay - Alexander SteinWalcourt
Vanlieff: an:artisanal chocolate shop in ChastrèsChocolaterie Vanlieff has been delighting chocolate lovers since 1988. Its chocolatiers are always busy developing or refining recipes for exquisite pralines, slabs, chocolate figurines... No industrial machine here: it's all about craftsmanship and edible art of an exquisite quality.
- A sweet stop at Chocolaterie Legast (Braine-le-Comte)© Legast ChocolaterieBraine-le-Comte
A sweet stop at Chocolaterie Legast (Braine-le-Comte)The Legast chocolate shop is a favourite in Braine-le-Comte and has been for 2 generations already. It's all about tradition and the promise of mouth-watering treats...
- Chocolaterie Sigoji: sweet indulgence in Ciney© Chocolaterie SigojiCiney
Chocolaterie Sigoji: sweet indulgence in CineyStop by Chocolaterie Sigoji to meet artisanal producers and taste exquisite creations.
- La Pause Chocolat-Thé: an artisanal chocolate shop in Libramont© Pixabay - PezibearLibramont-Chevigny
La Pause Chocolat-Thé: an artisanal chocolate shop in LibramontVisit La Pause Chocolat-Thé when in Libramont: an artisanal chocolatier using cacao butter to make its delicious creations.
- La Maison des Desserts | A chocolate shop in Hucorne-Fronville© Pixabay - congerdesignNamur
La Maison des Desserts | A chocolate shop in Hucorne-FronvilleThe Hucorne family has been delighting visitors with a sweet tooth with their desserts, macarons and chocolates since they opened in 1946. 3 generations of expertise! There are 2 addresses to discover in Namur: Fronville and La Maison des desserts.
- The Druart chocolate shop in Angreau© Pierre PauquayAngreau
The Druart chocolate shop in AngreauMaster chocolatier Druart Camille has magic in his hands. He makes the most delicious traditional pralines but will also come up with fascinating combinations of ingredients. Be warned: a visit to his boutique is sure to put you under a (chocolate) spell.
- Manon d'Hor: a chocolate shop in Horrues© WBTHorrues
Manon d'Hor: a chocolate shop in HorruesManon d'Hor, a chocolate hop in the village of Horrues (near Soignies), will delight your taste buds with its pralines, ice-creams, seasonal creations and cakes.
- Chocolaterie Fontaine: artisanal chocolate in Houffalize© Pixabay - ImoflowHouffalize
Chocolaterie Fontaine: artisanal chocolate in HouffalizeThe Fontaine chocolate factory, named after Vincent Fontaine, is a small family business in Houffalize, in the Ardenne.
- Chez Lio: an artisanal chocolate and pastry shop in LimalLimal
Chez Lio: an artisanal chocolate and pastry shop in LimalIf you are looking for exceptional chocolate, with full cacao taste, stop by Chez Leo in Limal: this artisanal chocolate and pastry shop is all about flavours.
- Didier Smeets Chocolatier© Didier SmeetsDalhem
Didier Smeets ChocolatierDidier Smith discovered his passion for chocolate thanks to his grandfather and has since travelled the world to find exquisite cacao beans. Now settled in the Pays de Herve, he creates exquisite bean to bar chocolates and continues his quest for innovation and off the beaten path concepts.
- Taratatas, caramels and chocolates© FTLB - P. WillemsHuy
Taratatas, caramels and chocolatesMissing the taste of childhood sweets? Come and find it in Huy: chocolate, caramels, regional specialties await...