Looking to reconnect with nature? Come along… There is so much to learn and explore in Wallonia!
Our educational trails will guide you through wetlands, fagnes, woodlands. Look out for information panels to learn more about the local flora and fauna.
Don’t forget to check out our caves, always quite magical, as well as our remarkable wildlife parks, some being internationally known.
Rainy day? Just choose from our many interactive and/or family-friendly museums.
Type of visit
Label or affiliation
- Page 1
- Arboretum of the Citadel of Namur© WBT - J.P. RemyNamur
Arboretum of the Citadel of NamurTake a stroll in this lovely arboretum, near the Château de Namur and enjoy its rich variety of tree species.
- CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeÉrezée
CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeOnce quite abundant in the Ourthe, salmon had in 1935 entirely disappeared from our waterways. A passionate team is now working at reintroducing the species back into our rivers. Discover this fascinating odyssey in Erezée, just 10 km from RIVEO (Hotton)
- The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museum© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museumA fascinating exhibition presents 50 years of underwater excavations in the river Lesse
- The Aisne Tourist Tram (TTA)© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram (TTA)The TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- The Caves of Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- The Han Wildlife Reserve© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Han Wildlife ReserveVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège© Les Grottes de RemouchampsSougné-Remouchamps
The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of LiègeThe Grottes de Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège, have been open to the public since 182 and offer a boat ride on the Rubicon.
- Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in Ardenne© C.T.La Roche-en-Ardenne
Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in ArdenneLe Parc à gibier de La Roche is a wonderful opportunity to discover the animals - cute or impressive - living in the Ardenne forest. The perfect family day out!
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)© Claire HalleuxSpa
The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)The Forest and Waters Museum, nestled in the Domaine de Bérinzenne in Spa, reveals the many secrets of the fauna and flora of the Fagnes.
- The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in Couvin© Les Grottes de NeptuneCouvin
The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in CouvinLet the skills of nature as an artist amaze you once more... Sculpted by the 'Eau Noire' river 300 million years ago, the Neptune Caves, in Petigny, are one of Belgium's oldest underground cavities.
- Maison du Parc-Botrange© Parc naturel HF-E ASBLWaimes
Maison du Parc-BotrangeLocated on the highest site of the country, between the Fagnes plain and forest crossed by mountain streams, the Maison du Parc-Botrange welcome visitors in their quest to reconnect with outdoors activities and discover the largest Nature reserve in Belgium.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- The Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in Aywaille© Monde Sauvage Safari ParcAywaille
The Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in AywailleDiscover the fascinating thrill of going on a safari, just 25 km from Liège, at the Monde Sauvage Safari Parc d'Aywaille.
- Wild Park Coo, a wildlife park in the Ardennes© LabouStavelot
Wild Park Coo, a wildlife park in the ArdennesVisit Wild Park Coo, a stunning wildlife park in the heart of the Ardenne, to discover which animals live in the Belgian forests.
- Tournai Natural History Museum and Vivarium© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Natural History Museum and VivariumThe Natural History Museum in Tournai, Belgium, features rich collections and a vivarium. Its 19th century setting has been wonderfully preserved.
- Dive in a magical world at Liège's Aquarium-Museum:© Aquarium Muséum Universitaire de LiègeLiège
Dive in a magical world at Liège's Aquarium-Museum:The Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritage© Grotte de LoretteRochefort
The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritageThe Cave of Lorette, part of the Caves of Han domain, can be found in the province of Namur, only 300 m from the centre of Rochefort.
- Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in Brugelette© WBT - David SamynBrugelette
Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in BrugeletteTaking a stroll through Pairi Daiza feels like a journey around the world... The World Garden takes transports you to every continent in turn, with the opportunity to admire animals as you walk. No wonder Pairi Daiza was voted best zoo in Europe for the past few years.
- Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)The Grotte de Comblain, listed as an underground cavity of scientific interest, can be found in the Liège province, on the hills of the Comblain-au-Pont vil
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in Bastogne© Erbs55Bastogne
Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in BastogneLocated in Bastogne (Ardenne), this interactive museum offers a wealth of information on wool, and forgotten trades.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La Reid© WBT - O. LegardienTheux
Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La ReidForestia, in La Reid (Haute Fagne), is fully dedicated to nature. Its green setting, wildlife park, adventure trails make it the perfect place for a day out with friends and family.
- Tronquoy orchard© Le verger de TronquoyTronquoy
Tronquoy orchardPlanted in 1990, this conservatory orchard in Tronquoy preserves native fruit bearing trees.
- The bison farm (Recogne)© Pixabay - skeezeBastogne
The bison farm (Recogne)Let this vibrant nature site in Recogne (Ardenne), home to 200 bison, wow you...
- Neûr-Lowé fagne didactic path | Botrange© WBT - Julie NevenWaimes
Neûr-Lowé fagne didactic path | BotrangeThis 5 km didactif trail in the Neûr-Lowé fagne will reveal how these landscapes were created.
- Floreffe caves© Jerôme ClissenFloreffe
Floreffe cavesThe story starts in 1860, when Emile Henkinbrant starts digging the foundations of his neomedieval astle. Never did he expect to stumble onto a stunning kastic phenomena, complete with fascinating rooms and 800 m of underground galleries
- The Frassem arboretum, near Arlon© Marie BlanckaertArlon
The Frassem arboretum, near ArlonThe Frassem arboretum, a few kilometres from Arlon only, gathers over 50 species of forest trees, fruit trees and shrubs from the South of Belgium.
- The Signal de Botrange© WBT - Julie NevenRobertville
The Signal de BotrangeThe Signal de Botrange, located at 694 m in the Hautes Fagnes - Eifel nature reserve, is Belgium's culminating point. Picture perfect!
- Water and Forest themed trails by the Vesdre dam© David HagemannEupen
Water and Forest themed trails by the Vesdre damThe Vesdre dam, just a few kilometres from Eupen, is one of the largest in Wallonia. It stores no less than 25 million cubic metres of water. There are two family-friendly, didactic paths to learn more about the site.
- The Centre Ardenne observatory in Grapfontaine© Observatoire Centre ArdenneGrapfontaine
The Centre Ardenne observatory in GrapfontaineThe Centre Ardenne observatory, in Neufchâteau, opens its doors to everyone: those discovering stars and the universe as well as professionals wishing to analyse space a little further.
- Escapardenne | a cross-country long hike© Royal Syndicat d'Initiative de HouffalizeHouffalize
Escapardenne | a cross-country long hikeHike through the Ardenne with this cross-country trail going through Begium, the ducky and Luxembourg and inking the Meuse to the Rhine basin.
- La Fagne de la Poleur didactic path | Saint-Vith© ostbelgien.eu – Dominik KetzSaint-Vith
La Fagne de la Poleur didactic path | Saint-VithLa Fagne de la Poleur is a high plateau composed of moors and bogs in the Ardenne. A didactic path will tell you more about this area, typical of East Belgium.
- An art trail along the Amblève river in Heppenbach© WBT - J.P. RemySaint-Vith
An art trail along the Amblève river in HeppenbachArt, games and experiences for the whole family await along this 2.7 km nature hike along the Amblève.
- Grottes de Goyet Architectural Site© Grottes de GoyetGoyet
Grottes de Goyet Architectural Site.The Caves of Goyet constitute an exceptional archaeological site in Belgium tjust a few kilometres from the city of Namur ..
- The Botanical and geographical arboretum of Bouillon© OadtzBouillon
The Botanical and geographical arboretum of BouillonCreated in 1906, this geographical and botanical arboretum stretches over 2 hectares and features 150 different species (native and exotic combines, hardwoods and softwoods).
- The Chaîne des Terrils: the green hills of the Black Country© WBT - Julie NevenCharleroi
The Chaîne des Terrils: the green hills of the Black CountryThe Boucle Noire (Black Loop, 23 km) hiking trail in Charleroi reveals its industrial past and green recovery. A smaller loop (5 km) also exists.
- Hiking in the Cantons de l'Est: Via Gulia in the vallée de la Gueule© Anne ZinnenPlombières
Hiking in the Cantons de l'Est: Via Gulia in the vallée de la Gueule
- A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | Lomprez© WBT - S.BurgeonWellin
A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | LomprezNear the village of Welin, the Natagora nature space offers a short - but delightful - walk in a wetland area, where the Ave stream overflows.
- The Bertrix arboretum© Arboretum de BertrixBertrix
The Bertrix arboretumThis 4-hectare arboretum can be found on a plain in the woodlands between Bertrix and Herbeumont, at an altitude of 420 metres.
- Blegny-Mine: trails to learn about its biodiversity© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantBlégny
Blegny-Mine: trails to learn about its biodiversityLocated near Liège, Blegny-Mine is one of the four authentic coal mines in Europe with underground galleries accessible for the visitors through the original shaft. A recognised UNESCO world heritage, the site is also of great interest from a biodiversity point of view. Do explore its slag heap and discover the plants
- The Héribus mining heap near Mons: a superb viewpoint© Pierre PauquayMons
The Héribus mining heap near Mons: a superb viewpointWalk all the way up this mining heap, a memory of Le Borinage's former key industry, to enjoy a superb view over Mons...
- The Bois Collignon arboretum | Redu© WBT - S. BurgeonRedu
The Bois Collignon arboretum | ReduNestled in the Bois Collignon ou Petit Bois, this arboretum gathers a range of tree species and enjoys a beautiful view of Redu.
- Tessenire Arboretum | Esneux© mati-foto - PixabayEsneux
Tessenire Arboretum | EsneuxThe Tessenire arboretum, which stretches over 3 ha, features over a 1,000 species of trees, which makes it the third most varied in Wallonia.
- Page 1