Wallonia enjoys a wide variety of green spaces. Some are man made! Think castles wrapped in exquisite gardens, gorgeous provincial estates and quite exceptional arboretums. The perfect place to take a relaxing stroll, play with kids or simply dream a little…
Label or affiliation
- Arboretum of the Citadel of Namur© WBT - J.P. RemyNamur
Arboretum of the Citadel of NamurTake a stroll in this lovely arboretum, near the Château de Namur and enjoy its rich variety of tree species.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- The Jardins d'Ô in Nismes© Jean-Vincent BironNismes
The Jardins d'Ô in NismesThe Viroin valley, with its picture-perfect landscapes, offers a wonderful selection of nature walks. Among these are the Jardins d’Ô, a pure invite to relax.
- The Solvay Estate | La Hulpe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Hulpe
The Solvay Estate | La HulpeThe Solvay Estate in La Hulpe, listed as "Exceptional cultural site in Wallonia", features part of the Sonian Forest and the Château de La Hulpe.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- Musée Royal de Mariemont | Morlanwelz© Musée royal de MariemontMorlanwez
Musée Royal de Mariemont | MorlanwelzOpened since 1975, set in a splendid park, the Musée royal de Mariemont features collections gathered by its founder Raoul Waroqué.
- Modave Castle and its exceptional gardens© WBT - J.P. RemyModave
Modave Castle and its exceptional gardensThe Modave castle, listed as major cultural heritage of Wallonia, is well worth the detour. Built on a rocky hill in the province of Liège, it is said to date back to the Middle Ages.
- The Parc des Topiaires, a fascinating topiary garden in Durbuy© Atelier Environnement ASBLDurbuy
The Parc des Topiaires, a fascinating topiary garden in DurbuyThe largest topiary garden open to the public can be found in Durbuy, the smallest town in the world.
- Notre-Dame à la Rose Hospital's wild flower garden© Francis VaubanLessines
Notre-Dame à la Rose Hospital's wild flower gardenThe high walls of white brick walls of the Notre-Dame à la Rose Hospital reveal a lovely enclosed garden. Used once as the sisters' cemetery, it was replanted with herbs and wild flowers. Only a few funeral stones witness to its past.
- Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)© WBT – Dominik KetzHastière
Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)Freÿr sur Meuse, a Renaissance castle with stunning gardens, is part of Wallonia's protected architectural heritage.
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- The Château de Beloeil estate, the Belgian Versailles© WBT - J.P. RemyBeloeil
The Château de Beloeil estate, the Belgian VersaillesBuilt in the 14th century, this massive turreted chateau is surrounded by a wide moat connected to a series of lakes and channels which wind through one of the largest and most ornate French-style gardens in Belgium.
- Jardins de la Grange | Ellezelles© Jardins de la GrangeEllezelles
Jardins de la Grange | EllezellesLes Jardins de la grange try to raise awareness on how fragile nature is and tries to preserve the local flora and fauna. To do this, the association has opened 6 themed gardens to the public:
- Nelson Mandela Park | Monceau-sur-Sambre© Gina SantinMonceau-sur-Sambre
Nelson Mandela Park | Monceau-sur-SambreThis 67-hectare park, in Monceau-sur-Sambre (Hainaut), is well worth the detour. 28 didactic panels, along the path, give information about the various trees planted there.
- The Frassem arboretum, near Arlon© Marie BlanckaertArlon
The Frassem arboretum, near ArlonThe Frassem arboretum, a few kilometres from Arlon only, gathers over 50 species of forest trees, fruit trees and shrubs from the South of Belgium.
- The Haut-Maret arbour© provincedeliege.beLa Reid
The Haut-Maret arbourProperty of the Province of Liège, this 573 m arbour, is one of the longest in Europe. Mostly planted in 1885, it features 4,700 charms, 70% being over a hundred years old. The site, listed and brought back to its former glory in 1992, offers an exceptional setting for strolls.
- The Botanical and geographical arboretum of Bouillon© OadtzBouillon
The Botanical and geographical arboretum of BouillonCreated in 1906, this geographical and botanical arboretum stretches over 2 hectares and features 150 different species (native and exotic combines, hardwoods and softwoods).
- The Bertrix arboretum© Arboretum de BertrixBertrix
The Bertrix arboretumThis 4-hectare arboretum can be found on a plain in the woodlands between Bertrix and Herbeumont, at an altitude of 420 metres.
- The Bois Collignon arboretum | Redu© WBT - S. BurgeonRedu
The Bois Collignon arboretum | ReduNestled in the Bois Collignon ou Petit Bois, this arboretum gathers a range of tree species and enjoys a beautiful view of Redu.
- Tessenire Arboretum | Esneux© mati-foto - PixabayEsneux
Tessenire Arboretum | EsneuxThe Tessenire arboretum, which stretches over 3 ha, features over a 1,000 species of trees, which makes it the third most varied in Wallonia.
- Vaux-sur-Sûre arboretum© Syndicat d'initiative Vaux-sur-SûreVaux-sur-Sûre
Vaux-sur-Sûre arboretumLocated in the heart of the Ardenne, the peaceful region of Vaux-sur-Sûre offers the perfect background to relax. Don't miss its arboretum, guarded by the sculpture of a boar.
- Bellefontaine arboretum | Tintigny© Bernard CozierTintigny
Bellefontaine arboretum | TintignyThis 4-hectare arboretum, located near Tintigny (Gaume) is well worth a visit.
- Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum | Saint-Hubert© PetrucySaint-Hubert
Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum | Saint-HubertThe Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum, situated at 320 metres in altitude in the Masblette Valley, is one of the richest in species in Belgium.
- A walk through Tomberg arboretum | Saint-Vith© Christian KringsSaint-Vith
A walk through Tomberg arboretum | Saint-VithStarting from the Tomberg Leisure Centre (East Cantons), this didactic trail offers a lovely 2.5 km through an arboretum...
- Deister Hill arboretum and woodlands | La Roche-en-Ardenne© WBT - Caroline RaseLa Roche-En-Ardenne
Deister Hill arboretum and woodlands | La Roche-en-ArdenneLocated on the Deister Hill, this lovely arboretum and woodland enjoys a fantastic view over La Roche-en-Ardenne. Nature lovers can discover 4 different types of trees on site.
- The lake of Bambois and its gardens© Lac de BamboisFosses-la-Ville
The lake of Bambois and its gardensThe gardens of the Bambois lake, in Fosses-la-Ville, offer stunning green spaces. The site, listed ny Natura 2000, has much to offer: a bird observatory, boats to go fishing, discovery trails... You can even go wild swimming and enjoy 2 sandy beaches.
- Boussu castle, its park and museum | Province of Hainaut© Utku PekliBoussu
Boussu castle, its park and museum | Province of HainautBuilt in the 16th century by Jacques du Broeucq, Boussu Castle offers a visit rich in cutural and nature gems.
- The park of the Counts of Hornes' castle| Braine-le-Château© WBT-Antoine DavisterBraine-le-Château
The park of the Counts of Hornes' castle| Braine-le-Château
- Château du Fosteau |Thuin© WBT - D.VasilovThuin
Château du Fosteau |ThuinAt the peak of an undulation towering above the surrounding meadows, can be seen the silhouette of the Château de Fosteau. This imposing 14th-century fortified manor house is still armed with its seven elegant towers.
- Château d'Attre© Jan D’HondtAttre
Château d'AttreA must-see historical site located near the city of Ath (Province of Hainaut), the château d'Attre is one of the most authentic witnesses of the second half of the 18th century in Belgium. Its 17 hectares estate, lined by the Dendre river, is quite stunning.
- Gardens in bloom at the Château des Ducs d'Havré (near Mons)© ASBL chateau d’HavréHavré
Gardens in bloom at the Château des Ducs d'Havré (near Mons)The Château des Ducs d'Havré, near Mons, is home to splendid flower gardens, fully in bloom between June and September.
- Herba Sana, garden of medicinal plants to visit, Elsenborn© OrtisElsenborn
Herba Sana, garden of medicinal plants to visit, ElsenbornLocated in the Hautes Fagnes, in the heart of the Ardennes, Herba Sana offers you to discover the medicinal plants and their virtues.
- Hexapoda: a fascinating insacterium© Hexapoda - Insectarium Jean LeclercqWaremme
Hexapoda: a fascinating insacteriumThe Jean Leclercq insectarium in Waremme, nicknames "Hexapoda", is the only museum in Wallonia to offer a fun, scientific journey in the insect world.
- Domaine de Mirwart© WBT - J.P. RemyMirwart
Domaine de MirwartThis stunning estate near Saint-Hubert offers nature-lovers a wealth of green spaces, stretching over 1,350 hectares. The two streams, lined with willows and maple trees are perfect excuses for walks and picnics.
- The Lenoir arboretum near La Roche-en-Ardenne© MT Ourthe et Aisne - C. Mottet-RendeuxRendeux
The Lenoir arboretum near La Roche-en-ArdenneBy the Ourthe river, conifers and hardwoods grow peacefully. This is just a little part of the Robert Lenoir arboretum, which 22 hectares stretch over meadows, forests, wet lands...