Foodies, rejoice: Wallonia is known for the exceptional quality of its terroir products. Make sure to start at one of our many farms!
There is much to choose from: sheepfolds, snail farms, apiculture, orchards, vineyards. Yes: Belgium makes amazing wines too, the sparkling ones being quite exceptional.
Here is our selection of Walloon producers, well worth a detour:
Type of visit
Label or affiliation
- Page 1
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at Lustin© Denis KarpenkovSorinnes
Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at LustinDiscover a vineyard which brings together a diversity of grape varieties offering a great range of wines. Enjoy local products from the region of Lustin
- Moutarde Bister: a mustard factory in Achêne© LDV ProductionAchêne
Moutarde Bister: a mustard factory in AchêneSituated in the province of Namur, this mustard factory & its museum reveal the secrets of the Imperial Mustard created in 1926 by François Bister.
- The bison farm (Recogne)© Pixabay - skeezeBastogne
The bison farm (Recogne)Let this vibrant nature site in Recogne (Ardenne), home to 200 bison, wow you...
- The Dorlou farm© Ferme DorloûWodecq
The Dorlou farm19th-century square shaped farm. Farming, milk and cheese dairy, bakery (F. Backx), butcher's shop (meat and charcuterie). Sale from the farm and shop in Tournai (Rue de l'Epinette, 27, Tuesdays to Saturdays)
- Le foie gras de Floumont | La Roche-en-Ardenne© P.WILLEMS - FTLBOrtho
Le foie gras de Floumont | La Roche-en-ArdenneIn the heart of the Ardennes, Eric and Christina produce an exceptional, artisanal foie gras as well as a range of mullet duck products.
- La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-Hubert© FTLB P.WillemsFreux
La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-HubertVisit a unique, organic fish farm in Belgium and discover how trouts and Atlantic salmons are grown. This impressive estate in Libramont-Chevigny has no less than 30 ponds.
- The Rocher des Diables aux Thyms: a delightful farm© Rocher des Diables aux ThymsGouvy
The Rocher des Diables aux Thyms: a delightful farmThis small breeding farm produces goat's cheese, yogurts, jams, jellies, vinegars infused from their own aromatic garden. Why not stop by, learn about the animals and enjoy a tasting of their specialities?
- Visit'Entreprise | Cidrerie du Condroz (Havelange)© Adrien Pestiaux, Cidrerie du CondrozHavelange
Visit'Entreprise | Cidrerie du Condroz (Havelange)La Cidrerie du Condroz celebrates the partnership between two artisans from the Condroz region. Their philosophy, which reflects a passion for nature and sustainability, led to the production of traditional ciders, made by pressing the apples delicately and giving them time to ferment. This cidery also sells homemade C
- L'Atelier de la Truite d'Ondenva: a fishing farm in Waimes© La truite d'OndevalWaimes
L'Atelier de la Truite d'Ondenva: a fishing farm in WaimesL’atelier de la Truite d’Ondeval (Waimes, Eastern Cantons) can be visited by appointment - a fantastic opportunity to discover its ponds and smoking rooms.
- Chèvrerie du Moulin du Wez© Chevrerie du moulin du wezLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Chèvrerie du Moulin du WezIn this beautiful region of La Roche-en-Ardennes, Chèvrerie du Moulin du Wez offers various goat cheeses from organic farming.
- Ferme de la Sauvenière (Hemptinne-lez-Florennes)© Valérie Van WynsbergheHemptinne
Ferme de la Sauvenière (Hemptinne-lez-Florennes)This family-run farm in the province of Namur prepares duck-based terroir specialities and has received quite a few awards for their foie gras.
- Valléro: bees and honey in Sombreffe© FTLB - P. WillemsSombreffe
Valléro: bees and honey in SombreffeValléro, a company based in Sombreffe, is known for its exquisite, high quality Perle du terroir® honey, harvested and conditioned in Belgium. Stop by to learn more about bees and their mysterious nectar.
- The Bailli Farm in Soignies© WBT - Caroline RaseSoignies
The Bailli Farm in SoigniesFerme le Bailli, highly specialized in dairy production, manufactures and refines cheeses with the fresh milk of purebred Holstein cows.
- Ferme de la Vallée – L'Escargot de l'Ourchet© Vincent VinckeBeuzet
Ferme de la Vallée – L'Escargot de l'OurchetIn an 18th century farm, awaits an unexpected far, l'Escargot de l'Ourchet. home to 600,000 snails of the Petit and Gros Gris. Visits can be organised via the Gembloux Tourist office, should you wish to know more.
- The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in Habay© FTLB - P. WillemsHabay-la-Vieille
The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in HabayL'asinerie de l'O offers a cheerful, countryside setting where everyone is welcome: children, teenagers, families, visitors with specific need, groups...
- Farm of Comogne, organic farm selling mare's milk in Beauraing© FTLB - P. WillemsRochefort
Farm of Comogne, organic farm selling mare's milk in BeauraingLocated in the province of Namur, this organic farm produces mare's milk and offers guided tours.
- The Orzo goat dairy farm© WBT-Isabelle HubertyIzier
The Orzo goat dairy farmLocated in the village of Izier in the Ardennes, the goat house of Ozo passionately raises chamois alpine goats for 25 years.
- The Autrucherie du Doneu: exceptional birds in Rochefort© Laurent BombardeNavaugle
The Autrucherie du Doneu: exceptional birds in RochefortJacques et Lydia Bruyaux opened their ostrich farm in 1997. The stunning site, by a castle in Rochefort, is now home to a hundred birds of all ages...
- La Ferme du Vieux Tilleul: a snail farm in BierwartBierwart
La Ferme du Vieux Tilleul: a snail farm in BierwartStop by La Ferme du Vieux Tilleul in the village of Bierwart (Hesbaye region in the province of Namur) to visit Corinne de Wulf's snail farm, specialised in the Petit Gris variety.
- Ferme Apicole des neufs Bonniers: a bee farm in Denée© FTLB - P. WillemsDenée
Ferme Apicole des neufs Bonniers: a bee farm in DenéeLocated in Denée (just 20 km from Namur and Dinant), the Ferme Apicole des neufs Bonniers delights visitors all year round with guided tours and activities. Created in 2013, this bee farm counts 5 winter hives and 4 transhumance ones.
- La Petite Suisse: a cow farm in Lompret© Mark RossignolLompret
La Petite Suisse: a cow farm in LompretLa Petite Suisse, in Lompret (one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia), invites you to discover cow breeding and the products made on the farm.
- Villers-la-Ville Abbey vineyards© Christophe WaterkeynVillers-la-Ville
Villers-la-Ville Abbey vineyardsJoin the Confrérie du vignoble de l'Abbaye de Villers for a visit of the most famous abbey in Walloon Brabant's vineyards.
- Safran de Cotchia© Ferme LéonardWasseiges
Safran de CotchiaCome and discover the largest safranière in Belgium. In the heart of the Hesbaye, plunge into the spices and lget carried away by its exotic flavours.
- Le vin de Liège wine cooperative© WBT - Olivier LegardienHeure-le-Romain
Le vin de Liège wine cooperativeCreated in December 2010, the Vin de Liège cooperative brings back vineyards to the Liège region: 12 hectares have been planted between 2012 and 2014.
- Septem Triones: organic vineyards in Chaudfontaine© Yvette DillenChaudfontaine
Septem Triones: organic vineyards in ChaudfontaineYou may know Jean Galler already... as a chocolatier. Wine is its second passion and this organic vineyard in Chaudfontaine, his knew quest for excellence.
- The Kessler farm© Made_in_OstbelgienBüllingen
The Kessler farmLocated in the grazing lands of Büllingen, the Kessler farm breeds Haflinger mares and makes products from mare's milk.
- Ferme de Raz Buzée à Gerpinnes© Delphine VangeenderhuysenGerpinnes
Ferme de Raz Buzée à GerpinnesDairy family farm specializing in the homemade production of raw milk cheese from cows, in Gerpinnes.
- The Schumer-Widart farm© J.WidartBastogne
The Schumer-Widart farmThe Schumer-Widart farm raise its cattle in Bastogne and invites you to share their passion.
- Le Clos des Zouaves: Thuin vineyard© Le Clos des Zouaves - ThuinThuin
Le Clos des Zouaves: Thuin vineyardThis vineyard, planted in 2001, streteches over Thuin's suspended gardens. The very first harvest, in 2003, proved a real success. So much that the wine produced has now its own Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée: Côtes de Sambre et Meuse.
- La Ferme d'Antan© Ingrid JusseretSainte-Ode
La Ferme d'AntanLocated in Saint-Ode (Province of Luxembourg), La Ferme d'Antan cow and goat milk to make fantastic cheese. Many have won competitions - quite the treat!
- The Poirier du Loup vineyard© La Lorraine Gaumaise - M. Laurent
The Poirier du Loup vineyardLocated by one one the most beautiful villages in Wallonia, Poirier du Loup is a communal vineyard managed by forty volunteers.
- The Verger de la Chise© Ferme de la ChisePiétrebais
The Verger de la ChiseMartine, Pierre and their team are looking forward to welcoming you to the Verger de la Chise and its magnificent farm.
- Jardin des Enchanteurs | Chenois© Servimur - J-N WagnerVirton
Jardin des Enchanteurs | ChenoisThe Jardin des mûres, in the Province of Luxembourg, produces blackberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants which are then used to make fruit wines, cordials, vinegar and sauces.
- An unexpected saffron farm in Walloon Brabant© L'histoire d'AnthonyThorembais-Saint-Trond
An unexpected saffron farm in Walloon BrabantSaffron: the word brings exotic spice to mind. You might be surprised is it also grown in Belgium. This farm, unique in Walloon Brabant, produces a high-quality crop, used to make fragrant products including the only saffron infused white beer in the country.
- Les Alpagas du Maquis: an alpaca farm in Montleban© WBT - Caroline RaseGouvy
Les Alpagas du Maquis: an alpaca farm in MontlebanLaurence and Eric, passionate about alpacas, invite you to discover their farm and spinning workshop.
- Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in Anloy© SafranloyLibin
Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in AnloyLaure and Alain opened Belgium's very first organic saffron farm four years ago. Why not stop by and meet these two nature lovers?
- The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchard© WBT-Bernard BoccaraWépion
The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchardOnce you have tried the delicious Wépion strawberries, make sure to visit this museum, an absolute must see to better understand the local terroir.
- La Ferme des Frênes - Biofarm | Cens© WBT - S.BurgeonCens
La Ferme des Frênes - Biofarm | CensIn Saint Hubert (Ardenne). Frênes-Biofarm has adopted an organic philosophy- as much for cereals and hay than for the animals grazing in its meadows. The meat, of course, proves amazingly flavoursome...
- Les Coteaux de la Legia vineyard© FTLB - P. WillemsAns
Les Coteaux de la Legia vineyardLes Coteaux de la Légia is a fascinating urban vineyard, counting 1,200 plants. Come and discover how rich the past of the estate is...
- La chèvrerie de Borlon | A goats farm and cheese dairy in Durbuy© Chèvrerie de BorlonDurbuy
La chèvrerie de Borlon | A goats farm and cheese dairy in DurbuyGéraldine and her family will be delighted to welcome you in her farm in Borlon (near Durbuy). There, she makes the most delicious cheese from her goat's milk, animals she loves and cares for with great tenderness. Respecting the wellbeing of her animals - as well as nature - is at the very heart of her philosophy.
- Couillet's orchard and didactic apiary in Parentville© Charleroi - NatureCouillet
Couillet's orchard and didactic apiary in ParentvilleVisit the orchard named " verger de Parentville" as well as its didactic apiary with a beekeeper and a guide from the Charleroi Nature association.
- Au Canard Gourmand, duck farm near Sprimont© WikipediaSprimont
Au Canard Gourmand, duck farm near SprimontIn Fraiture, a picturesque village located near Sprimont, Myriam and Marc Lamy offer you a guided tour of their duck farm.
- Saint-Véron: a snail farm in Braine-le-Château© WBT-Antoine DavisterBraine-le-Château
Saint-Véron: a snail farm in Braine-le-ChâteauThis snail farm, specialised in the Gros Gris variety, offers quite an instructive visit.
- Try the sparkling wines of Domaine du Chant d'Eole© Domaine du Chant d'EoleQuévy-le-Grand
Try the sparkling wines of Domaine du Chant d'EoleDomaine du Chant d'Eole is a Walloon vineyard in Quévy-le-Grand, a charming village in the countryside of Mons.
- The Fromagerie du Marronnier© APAQ-W – Ferme du MarronnierMuno
The Fromagerie du MarronnierDiscover how dairy products (such as cheese and butter) are made in the Ardenne. Marc and Ariane will welcome your warmly and share their passion with you.
- The Fromagerie du Vieux Moulin© WBT – Olivier LegardienBattice
The Fromagerie du Vieux MoulinThis cheese dairy gives you the opportunity to visit the workshops producung the famous fromage de Herve which has a protected designation of origin.
- Page 1