Wallonia may be small in size but its range of landscapes, thanks its quite specific geology, proves quite fascinating.
Many of our green sites are protected: stunning nature reserves, remarkable forests, exceptional park and gardens…
As you explore further, you will learn about words specific to the region: fagnes, tiennes, de tiges, chavées and will fall in love with fascinating territories such as Ardenne, Famenne, Hesbaye, Condroz, Lorraine, Pays des Collines…
Don’t wait any longer: adventure awaits.
Type of visit
Label or affiliation
- Page 1
- The Deux Ourthes nature park (Province of Luxembourg)© Parc naturel des deux OurthesHouffalize
The Deux Ourthes nature park (Province of Luxembourg)The Deux Ourthes nature park can be found in the north-west part of the Province of Luxembourg, along the Grand Ducal border and includes 6 communes: Bertogne, Gouvy, Houffalize, La Roche-en-Ardenne, Sainte-Ode and Tenneville.
- The Plaines de l'Escaut nature park© Samuel DhoteBon-Secours
The Plaines de l'Escaut nature parkThe Escaut region, known for its many plains, can be seen as a patchwork of streams, forests and agricultural lands.
- Parc naturel de la Vallée de l'Attert© Olivier OswaldAttert
Parc naturel de la Vallée de l'AttertLocated between Arlon and Martelange, the Parc naturel de la Vallée de l'Attert enjoys a privileged space between the Anlier forest (Ardenne) and the cuestas of the Pays Lorrain, Perfect to reconnect with nature.
- Parc Naturel de la Haute-Sûre et de la Forêt d'Anlier© Mathieu PecheurMartelange
Parc Naturel de la Haute-Sûre et de la Forêt d'AnlierThe Parc Naturel Haute-Sûre Forêt d'Anlier, in the province of Luxembourg, is shaped around the Haute Sûre basin and the Anlier forest.
- The Pays des Collines nature park© Baptiste HottekietEllezelles
The Pays des Collines nature parkLocated near Tournai and Ath, the Pays des Collines nature park will enchant you with its hilly landscapes, terroir flavours and folkloric tales such as the Ellezelles witches or the giants of Ath...
- Parc Naturel des Hauts-Pays (near Mons)© Claire DebayOnnezies
Parc Naturel des Hauts-Pays (near Mons)Located just 30 km south of Mons, the Parc Naturel des Hauts-Pays proves quite a stunning, preserved site. Birds singing, streams. waterfalls, forests, rich flora and faune, steep valleys: nature is queen here!
- Viroin-Hermeton nature park | Province of Namur© B. SchellenViroinval
Viroin-Hermeton nature park | Province of NamurStretching over 48,000 hectares (over both the Ardenne and the Calespienne), the Viroin-Hermeton nature park enjoys a rich flora and fauna... Perfect for nature strolls!
- Gaume Nature Park© PNDG - A. LegerRossignol
Gaume Nature ParkThe Parc Naturel de Gaume aims at protecting and valorising the region's natural gems and its villages' cultural heritage.
- The Hat rocks in Chiny | a fantastic viewpoint on the Semois river© WBT - Caroline RaseChiny
The Hat rocks in Chiny | a fantastic viewpoint on the Semois riverThe Hat rocks offer a stunning panorama of the Semois river and its meanders. A clearly marked path starting in Chiny will get you to this viewpoint.
- Parc naturel des Sources© Pascale JaminetSpa
Parc naturel des SourcesThe Parc naturel des Sources gathers the commune of Spa and Thoumont, a region rich in rivers (300 km), forests, meadows and bocages...
- UNESCO Global Geopark Famenne-Ardenne© Geopark Famenne ArdenneRochefort
UNESCO Global Geopark Famenne-ArdenneWallonia now has its very own UNESCO geopark, in Famenne-Ardenne. Discover how stunning and varied the landscapes of the regions are: a perfect day out with friends and family.
- A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near Dinant© Parc de FurfoozFurfooz
A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near DinantThe Furfooz park, in the province of Namur, invites you to discover its archaeological, geological and natural heritage. This family-friendly stroll offers lovely views on the Lesse river.
- The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)© B.LorquetSpa
The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)Nestled at the heart of the forests near Spa, by the Fagne de Malchamps, this estate opens its spaces to the public: a panoramic tower, a tree planted park with a pond and picnic area. It is also home to the Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux and to the CRIE.
- The Parc Naturel des Vallées de la Burdinale et de la Mehaigne© Sébastien LeunenBurdinne
The Parc Naturel des Vallées de la Burdinale et de la MehaigneLocated at the heart of the Hesbaye region in Belgium, this natural park is the perfect place to relax and focus on environmentally-friendly tourism. The Parc Naturel des Vallées de la Burdinale et de la Mehaigne stretches along the communes of Braives, Burdinne, Héron and Wanze, in the province of Liège.
- Hautes Fagnes-Eifel Nature Park© ostbelgien.eu - Dominik KetzRobertville
Hautes Fagnes-Eifel Nature ParkBelgium's oldest (and largest) nature reserve! Depending on the season, this exceptional biotope will look enchanting, surreal, eerie even.
- Maison du Parc-Botrange© Parc naturel HF-E ASBLWaimes
Maison du Parc-BotrangeLocated on the highest site of the country, between the Fagnes plain and forest crossed by mountain streams, the Maison du Parc-Botrange welcome visitors in their quest to reconnect with outdoors activities and discover the largest Nature reserve in Belgium.
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- Tellin wild arboretum© ManfredrichterTellin
Tellin wild arboretumLocated betweem the Basse Famenne and the Ardenne, by the villages of Resteigne and Tellin, two woods have been listed as a nature site thanks to their ecological value.
- The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - Eupen© WBT - PériplétiesEupen
The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - EupenLocated at the confluence of the Vesdre and the Getzbach in Eupen, this dam is the third reservoir of potable water in Belgium. On its side, the visitor centre offers a stunning view of the construction and nearby woodlands.
- Labuissière nature reserve© adm com Merbes-le-ChâteauLabuissière
Labuissière nature reserveThe Labuissière nature reserve, South West of Charleroi, stretches over 50 hectares. and features and ictredible mosaic of wet lands.
- Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkhole© Jean-Vincent BironNismes
Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkholeThe Fondry des Chiens, nestled in the Viroin-Hermeton natural park near Nismes, is a unique, protected site in Belgium. Discover the incredible biodiversity of this natural sinkhole, 20 metres deep.
- The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valley© WBT-Isabelle HubertyMarche-en-Famenne
The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valleyThe enclosed Fond des Vaulx valley offers 15 hectares of wild landscapes, quite a contrast with the wide spaces of the Marche plain. Fauna, flora and geology in the area are sure to fascinate visitors, let alone the many legends adding a mysterious atmosphere to the area...
- The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume region© M.LaurentBaranzy
The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume regionThe Cussignière marshes stretch over a vast plain between the Batte river and the Cussigny stream in Lorraine.
- La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gem© WBT - Caroline RaseFlorenville
La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gemLa Roche à l'Appel, by the French border, is a fascinating geological curiosity found in one of the main natural reserves in Ardenne and Gaume. The site presents itself as a chaotic pile of conglomerate stones (Fépin's pudding stone), right in the Muno forest.
- The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geosite© recyclind - PixabayTellin
The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geositeThis former quarry presents remarkable stratigraphic cross sections from the lowermost Givetian (rock formation from the Givetian period). It is frequently visited by geology students from universities all over Belgium and anyone wishing to get a better insight into the field of biostratigraphy.
- The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university town© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university townThe lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, 7 hectares wide, was created in 1984 as a storm basin and fishing pond. A path invites visitors to walk around it.
- Lake Warfaaz | Near Spa© Office du Tourisme de Spa – Gaêtan PleinSpa
Lake Warfaaz | Near SpaFishermen, nature and pedal boat lovers are sure to enjoy the lake of Warfaaz, near Spa.
- Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)© P. VanderoostHabay
Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)Located at the heart of the Chiny forest (province of Luxembourg), the Vierre lake, also known as the Suxy dam, offers a splendid nature area. Visitors can fish there - carps, mainly, but also trout, tenches, roaches and perches.
- Bois de Lauzelle | Louvain-la-Neuve© O.T. InforvilleOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
Bois de Lauzelle | Louvain-la-NeuveListed as a Natura 2000 site, the Bois de Luzell and its 20 ha nature reserve offer an incredible green haven near Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve.
- Courrière forest | Namur© O.T. AssesseCourrière
Courrière forest | NamurEnjoy a lovely stroll in the Courrière forest, located between Namur and Ciney,
- The Val Dieu mill Nature Reserve and its bird hide© Natagora Pays de HerveAubel
The Val Dieu mill Nature Reserve and its bird hideLocated in the Herve region, the Val Dieu Nature Reserve stretches over 7.5 hectares and offers a lovely selection of landscapes: lawns, meadows, woodlands, orchards, a stream and pond.
- Sawhis nature site | Havelange© Site Sawhis/Havelange © Vincianne BAUDOINHavelange
Sawhis nature site | Havelange
- The Coo waterfall (Province of Liège)© WBT - David SamynStavelot
The Coo waterfall (Province of Liège)This waterfall, right at the heart of the village of Coo, is not only stunning: it also is the highest natural one in the whole of Belgium. The Amblève river falls down a full 15 metres height.
- Lake Gileppe Dam© Barrage du lac de la GileppeJalhay
Lake Gileppe DamLooking for a unique day out? Come and see the lake Gileppe dam, a masterpiece of structural engineering. Nature, leisure: there is much to do!
- The lake of Genval and its yacht club© WBT - Denis ErroyauxGenval
The lake of Genval and its yacht clubThis large stretch of water (18 hectares) stretches along the forest of Soignes, a mere 20 km of Brussels: quite a fantastic site and a pure invite to relax! It also is home to the Genval Yacht Club.
- The Bütgenbach lakes and its VENNtastic Beach (Eastern Cantons)© An Van Rie CommunicationBütgenbach
The Bütgenbach lakes and its VENNtastic Beach (Eastern Cantons)The Bütgenbach lake, created by the Warche dam, offers a wide range of sports and outdoor activities. Why not enjoy VENNtastic Beach on its banks? Monitored swimming zone, trampolines, pedal boats, play areas, kayaking... There is something for everyone.
- The Nisramont lake and dam (La Roche-en-Ardenne)© WBT - Caroline RaseNisramont
The Nisramont lake and dam (La Roche-en-Ardenne)The Ardenne enjoys amazing natural sites, the lake of Nisrasmont for example. Perfect for hikes and water fun... Make sure to visit the dam too.
- Maboge-Plage, beach and river swimming near La Roche-en-Ardenne© FTLB - P. WillemsMâboge
Maboge-Plage, beach and river swimming near La Roche-en-ArdenneMaboge, a charming forestry village near La Roche-en-Ardenne, has its own beach, open to all. Why not stop by and swim in the river and enjoy this peaceful, green setting? Maboge also is the perfect place to go kayaking down the Ourthe from.
- The lake of Bambois and its gardens© Lac de BamboisFosses-la-Ville
The lake of Bambois and its gardensThe gardens of the Bambois lake, in Fosses-la-Ville, offer stunning green spaces. The site, listed ny Natura 2000, has much to offer: a bird observatory, boats to go fishing, discovery trails... You can even go wild swimming and enjoy 2 sandy beaches.
- The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural site© commune AywailleAywaille
The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural siteThe 1.5 km hike along the Fonds de Quarreux reveals stunning rounded quartzite rocks scattered along the bed of the Amblève river. Surrounded by nature, this lovely walk is sure to put a spell on you. The Remouchamp caves a 6 km away and the Monde Sauvage 9 km.
- Harchies marshes© WBT A RobertHarchies
Harchies marshesThe Harchies marchies, in the Hainaut, are wetlands of ornithological interest. This nature space offers one of the most diverse flora in Wallonia.
- Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formation© A.ReuterTintigny
Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formationThis singular rock owes its geologic quality to its formation process. The Grand Cron de Lahage is a remarkable protected site, with an impressive 20 metres height.
- The mining site of Plombières and its nature reserve© Administration communale de PlombièresPlombières
The mining site of Plombières and its nature reserveThe former mining site of Plombières is now a nature reserve characterised by the presence of calamine grasslands. Growing there is a special flora linked to the concentration of zinc and other heavy metals in the substratum, of which the calamine pansy is the most representative.
- The ponds of Liévin, an ecological site in Rebecq© Les étangs communaux de RebecqRebecq
The ponds of Liévin, an ecological site in RebecqLocated near the pink farm in Rebecq (Walloon Brabant), the former Liévin ponds have been cleaned up and revalorised as an ecological site, open to fishermen.
- The Saint-Pierre mountain and the Maison de la Montagne (Lanaye)© vildaphoto.comLanaye
The Saint-Pierre mountain and the Maison de la Montagne (Lanaye)The Saint Pierre mountain marking the border between Wallonia, Flanders and the Netherlands, is a limestone massif with its own microclimate. Visitors stopping at the Maison de la Montagne Saint Pierre can learn of its rich fauna and flora in an interactive way.
- La Roche à Lomme: an internationally renowned flora© JV BironViroinval
La Roche à Lomme: an internationally renowned floraLa Roche à Lomme, known for its history and incredibly rich flora, is quite exceptional. The rocky hillside on the South side of the site feature Mediterranean plants, highlighted by abundance of boxwood.
- The Little Train of Happiness© WBT-Antoine DavisterRebecq
The Little Train of HappinessAn enchanting experience! Every Sunday and public holiday between May and September, the Petit train du bonheur (or train of happiness) rides on the former n°115 SNCB line in Rebecq, passing the Senne and Bird Valley as it goes along...
- Page 1