Looking to reconnect with nature? Come along… There is so much to learn and explore in Wallonia!
Our educational trails will guide you through wetlands, fagnes, woodlands. Look out for information panels to learn more about the local flora and fauna.
Don’t forget to check out our caves, always quite magical, as well as our remarkable wildlife parks, some being internationally known.
Rainy day? Just choose from our many interactive and/or family-friendly museums.
Type of visit
Label or affiliation
- Maison du Parc-Botrange© Parc naturel HF-E ASBLWaimes
Maison du Parc-BotrangeLocated on the highest site of the country, between the Fagnes plain and forest crossed by mountain streams, the Maison du Parc-Botrange welcome visitors in their quest to reconnect with outdoors activities and discover the largest Nature reserve in Belgium.
- The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in Couvin© Office du Tourisme de CouvinCouvin
The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in CouvinLet the skills of nature as an artist amaze you once more... Sculpted by the 'Eau Noire' river 300 million years ago, the Neptune Caves, in Petigny, are one of Belgium's oldest underground cavities.
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- Arboretum of the Citadel of Namur© WBT - J.P. RemyNamur
Arboretum of the Citadel of NamurTake a stroll in this lovely arboretum, near the Château de Namur and enjoy its rich variety of tree species.
- Liège Aquarium-Museum© Aquarium Muséum Universitaire de LiègeLiège
Liège Aquarium-MuseumThe Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- Tournai Natural History Museum and Vivarium© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Natural History Museum and VivariumThe Natural History Museum in Tournai, Belgium, features rich collections and a vivarium. Its 19th century setting has been wonderfully preserved.
- The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)© Claire HalleuxSpa
The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)The Forest and Waters Museum, nestled in the Domaine de Bérinzenne in Spa, reveals the many secrets of the fauna and flora of the Fagnes.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in Aywaille© Monde Sauvage Safari ParcAywaille
Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in AywailleDiscover the fascinating thrill of going on a safari, just 25 km from Liège, at the Monde Sauvage Safari Parc d'Aywaille.
- Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La Reid© WBT - O. LegardienTheux
Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La ReidForestia, in La Reid (Haute Fagne), is fully dedicated to nature. Its green setting, wildlife park, adventure trails make it the perfect place for a day out with friends and family.
- Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in Brugelette© WBT - David SamynBrugelette
Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in BrugeletteTaking a stroll through Pairi Daiza feels like a journey around the world... The World Garden takes transports you to every continent in turn, with the opportunity to admire animals as you walk. No wonder Pairi Daiza was voted best zoo in Europe for the past few years.
- The Grottes de Han Wildlife Reserve© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Grottes de Han Wildlife ReserveVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)The Grotte de Comblain, listed as an underground cavity of scientific interest, can be found in the Liège province, on the hills of the Comblain-au-Pont vil
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in Bastogne© AnimalaineBastogne
Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in BastogneLocated in Bastogne (Ardenne), this interactive museum offers a wealth of information on wool, and forgotten trades.
- The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countryside© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countrysideThe TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museum© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museumA fascinating exhibition presents 50 years of underwater excavations in the river Lesse
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in Ardenne© S.I. La Roche-en-ArdenneLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in ArdenneLe Parc à gibier de La Roche is a wonderful opportunity to discover the animals - cute or impressive - living in the Ardenne forest. The perfect family day out!
- The Domaine des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Domaine des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège© Les Grottes de RemouchampsSougné-Remouchamps
The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of LiègeThe Grottes de Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège, have been open to the public since 182 and offer a boat ride on the Rubicon.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritage© Grotte de LoretteRochefort
The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritageThe Cave of Lorette, part of the Caves of Han domain, can be found in the province of Namur, only 300 m from the centre of Rochefort.
- CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in Erezée© WBT JP Remy MélinÉrezée
CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeOnce quite abundant in the Ourthe, salmon had in 1935 entirely disappeared from our waterways. A passionate team is now working at reintroducing the species back into our rivers. Discover this fascinating odyssey in Erezée, just 10 km from RIVEO (Hotton)
- Wild Park Coo, a wildlife park in the Ardennes© LabouStavelot
Wild Park Coo, a wildlife park in the ArdennesVisit Wild Park Coo, a stunning wildlife park in the heart of the Ardenne, to discover which animals live in the Belgian forests.
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- Bellefontaine arboretum | Tintigny© Bernard CozierTintigny
Bellefontaine arboretum | TintignyThis 4-hectare arboretum, located near Tintigny (Gaume) is well worth a visit.
- Cuisine Sauvage | Learning about edible plants© WBT - Caroline RaseNamur
Cuisine Sauvage | Learning about edible plantsA fantastic way to reconnect with nature! Cuisine Sauvage will show you - through walks and workshops - how to forage and cook with the edible plants found along the way.
- A nature-themed walk in Vielsalm© A.SegersVielsalm
A nature-themed walk in VielsalmWant to learn more about nature This family-friendly loop in Vielsalm offers a few surprises along the way...
- Blegny-Mine: trails to learn about its biodiversity© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantBlégny
Blegny-Mine: trails to learn about its biodiversityLocated near Liège, Blegny-Mine is one of the four authentic coal mines in Europe with underground galleries accessible for the visitors through the original shaft. A recognised UNESCO world heritage, the site is also of great interest from a biodiversity point of view. Do explore its slag heap and discover the plants
- L'Eaudyssée: Spa's mineral water visitor centre© Eaudyssée de SpaSpa
L'Eaudyssée: Spa's mineral water visitor centreBefore being bottled, Spa's natural mineral water enjoys a fantastic underground journey. Eaudissey presents this fascinating adventure.
- CRIE | Saint-Michel© CRIE du Fourneau Saint-MichelSaint-Hubert
CRIE | Saint-MichelThe CRIE (Centre Régional d'Initiation à l'Environnement du fourneau Saint-Michel) invites to to learn more about this extraordinary site, located in a forest massif.
- Rediscover the pleasure of walking barefoot at the Sentier Pieds Nus in Montleban© Ferme de la PlancheGouvy
Rediscover the pleasure of walking barefoot at the Sentier Pieds Nus in MontlebanThis 3 km long path, starting from the Ferme de la Planche is sure to surprise you: it is to be walked barefoot! A fantastic way to slow down, reconnect with simple sensation while touching the ground, water, stones or woo
- The Saint-Pierre mountain and the Maison de la Montagne (Lanaye)© vildaphoto.comVisé
The Saint-Pierre mountain and the Maison de la Montagne (Lanaye)The Saint Pierre mountain marking the border between Wallonia, Flanders and the Netherlands, is a limestone massif with its own microclimate. Visitors stopping at the Maison de la Montagne Saint Pierre can learn of its rich fauna and flora in an interactive way.
- Sawhis nature site | Havelange© Site Sawhis/Havelange © Vincianne BAUDOINHavelange
Sawhis nature site | Havelange
- The Frassem arboretum, near Arlon© Marie BlanckaertArlon
The Frassem arboretum, near ArlonThe Frassem arboretum, a few kilometres from Arlon only, gathers over 50 species of forest trees, fruit trees and shrubs from the South of Belgium.
- Mont Mosan: a leisure and animal parc near Huy© WBT JP Remy MélinHuy
Mont Mosan: a leisure and animal parc near HuyMont Monsan is a leisure and animal park near Huy (between Liège and Namur). Its green setting blends in beautifully into the Sarte region.
- Maison des Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre (Obourg)© Hervé StiévenartMons
Maison des Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre (Obourg)The Maison des Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre, in Obourg, aims at raising the public's awareness of natural and environmental science.
- NATECOM | A Nature and Environment Centre in Leval-Trahegnies© Natecom asblBinche
NATECOM | A Nature and Environment Centre in Leval-TrahegniesNatecom is a pioneer in Belgium when it comes to promoting Binche's former mine heaps, and has been since 1970. Its Nature and Environment Interpretative Centre aims at helping the public to understand how important protecting the ecosystem is.
- The Botanical and geographical arboretum of Bouillon© WBT JP Remy MélinBouillon
The Botanical and geographical arboretum of BouillonCreated in 1906, this geographical and botanical arboretum stretches over 2 hectares and features 150 different species (native and exotic combines, hardwoods and softwoods).
- Offergeld educational trail | Near Vielsalm© FTLB - P. WillemsVielsalm
Offergeld educational trail | Near Vielsalm
- Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum | Saint-Hubert© WBT JP Remy MélinSaint-Hubert
Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum | Saint-HubertThe Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum, situated at 320 metres in altitude in the Masblette Valley, is one of the richest in species in Belgium.
- The Centre Ardenne observatory in Grapfontaine© Observatoire Centre ArdenneGrapfontaine
The Centre Ardenne observatory in GrapfontaineThe Centre Ardenne observatory, in Neufchâteau, opens its doors to everyone: those discovering stars and the universe as well as professionals wishing to analyse space a little further.
- Tilff Bee Museum© WBT - A RobertTilff
Tilff Bee MuseumLocated in the renovated barn of the Tilff, this natural museum is fully dedicated to bees.
- Gileppe Lake AccroPark© Accropark de la GileppeJalhay
Gileppe Lake AccroParkHarmoniously integrated into nature, the Gileppe Accropark offers a range of 30 acrobatic activities to go from a tree to another and no lack of splendid views on the Ardenne.
- Mausheck educational trail© Peter FreisenBütgenbach
Mausheck educational trailThe Mausheck educational trail, in Bütgenbach, will take you through meadows and oak forests. Beautiful panoramas on the Warche valley guaranteed...
- The Signal de Botrange© WBT - Julie NevenRobertville
The Signal de BotrangeThe Signal de Botrange, located at 694 m in the Hautes Fagnes - Eifel nature reserve, is Belgium's culminating point. Picture perfect!