From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovation© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovationTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- Walking on the moon: the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Walking on the moon: the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des Celtes-LibramontLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- Centre d'Interprétation de la Chauve-Souris: an interpretative centre dedicated to bats in Comblain-au-Pont© Asbl Les découvertes de ComblainComblain-au-Pont
Centre d'Interprétation de la Chauve-Souris: an interpretative centre dedicated to bats in Comblain-au-PontThis interpretative centre, dedicated to bats, offers an interesting angle on the former quarries of Geromont: a Natura 2000 site in the Ourthe valley.
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valley© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valleyThe citadel of Dinant promises an incredible day out. Retrace 900 years history and discover the Meuse valley in Belgium.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in WalloniaThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- The Arthothèque: discover the life of museums backstage© ArtothèqueMons
The Arthothèque: discover the life of museums backstageThe Arthothèque reveals the hidden life of no less than 50,000 artworks, their renovations, the way they are stored and protected when not on show to the public.
- The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo© WBT - J.P. RemyBraine-l'Alleud
The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo(Re)discover this famous page of Walloon history, straight on the battlefield which witnessed the battle on June 18th, 1815. More than a museum, this is a multi-sensorial, immersive experience. Come with friends and family and learn more about this event, a turning point in the history of Europe.
- The Keramis Ceramic Centre© KeramisLa Louvière
The Keramis Ceramic CentreDiscover the new Centre Keramis de la Louvière. A museum dedicated to ceramics and earthenware installed on the site of the factory Royal Boch ....
- Mulum Museum - Liege's Light Museum© Musée liégeois du Luminaire - MULUMLiège
Mulum Museum - Liege's Light MuseumThe Light Museum in Liège showcases key lighting objects and mechanisms, used all over the world from prehistoric times to the 21st century.
- Mons Belfry: a fascinating monument© Visitmons - Gregory MathelotMons
Mons Belfry: a fascinating monumentDiscover the full beauty of Belgium's only baroque belfry by taking its panoramic lift and enjoying the view over the city.
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'Aubechies© Archéosite AubechiesAubechies
Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'AubechiesThe Archeosite and Museum of Aubechies, dedicated to the era separating Pre-history from Roman times, is the largest archaeological open-air museum in Belgium.
- Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near Liège© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantBlegny
Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near LiègeLocated east of Liège, this site is one of the four authentic coal mines left in Europe, all listed by UNESCO. Put your jacket and helmet on: the guided tour will take you through galleries 30 to 60 m underground!
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- Mundaneum: Mons paper Google© Mundaneum - Frédéric RaevenMons
Mundaneum: Mons paper GoogleThe Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© WBT - Bruno D_AlimonteWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museum© MT Waterloo - Jean-Philippe Van DammeBraine-l'Alleud
Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museumThe Lion's hamlet was part of the Waterloo battlefield where French and English troops fought on June 15, 1815.
- La Maison de la Pataphonie: a dream world where music comes to life© pataphonie.be - Al. CharifDinant
La Maison de la Pataphonie: a dream world where music comes to lifeSounds and texture meet in La Maison de la Pataphonie. Here, daily objects turn into musical instruments thus allowing visitors to become artists and compose their very own symphony...
- A surprising travel through time at the Computer Museum: from punch cards to smartphones© Jérémie ObsomerNamur
A surprising travel through time at the Computer Museum: from punch cards to smartphonesThe very first computer museum in Belgium... Its collections, divided in 4 themes, retrace an incredible scientific odyssey from the invention of calculators to your smartphone.
- Escale Forestière: a relaxing break in the Bon Secours forest© O. LegardienBon-Secours
Escale Forestière: a relaxing break in the Bon Secours forestWelcome to the Escale forestière... Now take off your shoes and enjoy this incredible path through the forest, meant to be walked on bare foot.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.
- The fascinating Laundry museum in Spa© FTPL - P. FagnoulSpa
The fascinating Laundry museum in SpaThe Museum of Laundry offers you a journey through the history of soap, laundry and living and working conditions of laundresses in Spa ....
- The Musée de la fête foraine et de la Mémoire (Saint-Ghislain) is dedicated to fun fairs of yesteryear© Jean-Philippe GilliotSaint-Ghislain
The Musée de la fête foraine et de la Mémoire (Saint-Ghislain) is dedicated to fun fairs of yesteryearThe Musée de la Foire et de la Mémoire invite visitors to travel through the fairs and ducasses of the past, from the Middle Age to the present days. Seeing the hook a duck games, the carousels, the bumper cars, street food stalls of yesteryear, you might very well feel like a child again.
- The Musée de la route: an original theme and scenography© Pixabay - Larisa KWelkenraedt
The Musée de la route: an original theme and scenographyThe Musée de la route (road museum) retraces the evolution of road surfaces through time, with quite an unexpected scenography!
- The Musée de la boîte en fer blanc in Grand-Hallet: a museum dedicated to stunning tin boxes© FTPL - M fred DODETGrand-Hallet
The Musée de la boîte en fer blanc in Grand-Hallet: a museum dedicated to stunning tin boxesThe largest collection of tin boxes in the world, listed by the Guinness Book, is in Wallonia. This impressive gathering features no less than 60,000 items.
- Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in Mageroy© MTHSFA MC MarchalHabay
Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in MageroyMageroy is one of the very rare archaeological sites to remain open to the public throughout the year while excavations are still taking place. Even better, visitors can join scientists and help with the digs.
- The Victor's Museum fascinating collection of vintage vespas and radios© Sebastian96 - PixabayGouvy
The Victor's Museum fascinating collection of vintage vespas and radiosVictor Trembloy simply is passionate about old radios: there are over 400 to see in this museum, all functioning perfectly. There is more: 78 and 33 vinyl records, vintage vespas and vehicles. Lovers of yesteryear will adore this museum.
- In this extra-ordinary museum dedicated to phones, the oldest model dates back to 1890© Pixabay - Alexas_FotosPetitvoir
In this extra-ordinary museum dedicated to phones, the oldest model dates back to 1890Emile Thinès, owner and founder of the Telephone museum, used to work in a telephone company. After having collected, for over 20 years, a wide range of phones, he decided to share his passion and put them on show.
- Visit the Hainaut quarry, famous for the beauty of its bluestone© PixabaySoignies
Visit the Hainaut quarry, famous for the beauty of its bluestoneIn the largest bluestone quarry in Belgium, a stunning show unfolds: men focusing on their task, mechanical monsters roaring beautifully, chains dragging huge blocks of limestone up the site... This visit of a working quarry will prove a memorable experience.
- The Saint-Pierre mountain and the Maison de la Montagne (Lanaye)© vildaphoto.comLanaye
The Saint-Pierre mountain and the Maison de la Montagne (Lanaye)The Saint Pierre mountain marking the border between Wallonia, Flanders and the Netherlands, is a limestone massif with its own microclimate. Visitors stopping at the Maison de la Montagne Saint Pierre can learn of its rich fauna and flora in an interactive way.
- The Coticule museum or the fascinating history of whetstones© FTLB - P.WillemsVielsalm
The Coticule museum or the fascinating history of whetstonesThis stone, unique in the world, has been exported outside Belgium since the 17th century. Vielsalm was particularly famous for this whetstone, used to sharpen knives and razors. This economy evolved from an artisanal skill to a full industry along 4 centuries.
- Vresse-sur-Semois and its wooden reproduction of the Le Belge locomotive© Michel WalVresse-sur-Semois
Vresse-sur-Semois and its wooden reproduction of the Le Belge locomotiveThis wooden reproduction of a locomotive is quite an unexpected find in the centre of Vresse, a village with no railway past. This unique art piece feature in full size the very first machine built in Belgium by John Cockerill. Named "Le Belge", it was operational from 1885 onward.
- Hexapoda: a fascinating insacterium© Hexapoda - Insectarium Jean LeclercqWaremme
Hexapoda: a fascinating insacteriumThe Jean Leclercq insectarium in Waremme, nicknames "Hexapoda", is the only museum in Wallonia to offer a fun, scientific journey in the insect world.
- The Musée gaumais in Virton© M.LaurentVirton
The Musée gaumais in VirtonThis exceptional museum in the province of Luxembourg presents archeology, art, civil and religious ethnography, industrial and popular art, folklore legends, regional furniture and traditions, all linked to the Gaume region.
- Surprising automatons gathered by a collector© MT Condroz Famenne – Benoit GilletFlostoy
Surprising automatons gathered by a collectorNothing to do with the game! Renato Monopoli, fascinated by all kind of automatons (singing, moving, surprising...) started gathering them.
- Step into La Belle Epoque at the Villa 1900© Projet - NOWWaulsort
Step into La Belle Epoque at the Villa 1900The Villa 1900 is much more than a museum: this stunning building and its exquisite interior seems straight of La Belle Epoque.
- Page 1