From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Label, certification or network
- Take a stroll along the meditative path of the Villers Abbey, through the garden of scents© Abbaye de Villers asblVillers-la-Ville
Take a stroll along the meditative path of the Villers Abbey, through the garden of scentsStressed by work, worn out by routine? Find serenity off the beaten path on the Sentier méditatif de l’Abbaye, the abbey's meditative path. Panels placed along the trail invite visitors to relax and reconnect with their surroundings.
- A walk along in the Ninglinspo valley© Pierre PauquayAywaille6.2 km
A walk along in the Ninglinspo valley
- The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valley© WBT-Isabelle HubertyMarche-en-Famenne
The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valleyThe enclosed Fond des Vaulx valley offers 15 hectares of wild landscapes, quite a contrast with the wide spaces of the Marche plain. Fauna, flora and geology in the area are sure to fascinate visitors, let alone the many legends adding a mysterious atmosphere to the area...
- La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gem© WBT - Caroline RaseFlorenville
La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gemLa Roche à l'Appel, by the French border, is a fascinating geological curiosity found in one of the main natural reserves in Ardenne and Gaume. The site presents itself as a chaotic pile of conglomerate stones (Fépin's pudding stone), right in the Muno forest.
- La Grande Traversée: a long hike in the Pays de Chimay forest© M. BerthaFroidchapelle
La Grande Traversée: a long hike in the Pays de Chimay forestWelcome to La Grande Traversée: Wallonia's GR (Grande Randonnée ou Long Hike) itinerary, complete with bivouacs every 15 km. Get your backpack ready, pick up your tent and explore the Pays de Chimay Forest.
- A walk along the Lesse in Redu© WBT - Pierre PauquayLibin6.1 km
A walk along the Lesse in Redu
- A celtic walk in Bérismenil© WBT - Pierre PauquayLa Roche-en-Ardenne7.4 km
A celtic walk in Bérismenil
- A stunning woodland walk in Laneuville-au-Bois© WBT-Pierre PauquaySaint-Hubert12 km
A stunning woodland walk in Laneuville-au-Bois
- A walk in the countryside in L'Ecluse© WBT - Pierre PauquayJodoigne6.5 km
A walk in the countryside in L'Ecluse
- A walk to suspended gardens in Liège© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège2.6 km
A walk to suspended gardens in Liège
- An enchanting walk in Croix-Rouge (Gaume)© M. LaurentVirton7.3 km
An enchanting walk in Croix-Rouge (Gaume)
- In the footsteps of resistants in Gedinne© Pierre PauquayVresse-sur-Semois5.3 km
In the footsteps of resistants in Gedinne
- A peaceful walk in Waulsort | La Belle époque© WBT - J.L. FlémalHastière4.3 km
A peaceful walk in Waulsort | La Belle époque
- A walk in the hills near Ellezelles© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtEllezelles13 km
A walk in the hills near Ellezelles
- Hiking in Wallonia: along the enchanting Ninglinspo river© WBT Pierre PauquayAywaille14.6 km
Hiking in Wallonia: along the enchanting Ninglinspo river
- Randonnée pédestre incontournable à Wéris | Les grands paysages© Geopark Famenne ArdenneWéris15 km
Randonnée pédestre incontournable à Wéris | Les grands paysages
- An art walk in Gesves© MT Condroz FamenneGesves13 km
An art walk in Gesves
- Charleroi street art trail© Francis PourcelCharleroi3.7 km
Charleroi street art trail
- Charleroi comic book trail© WBT - Christophe VandercamCharleroi2 km
Charleroi comic book trail
- The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural site© commune AywailleAywaille
The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural siteThe 1.5 km hike along the Fonds de Quarreux reveals stunning rounded quartzite rocks scattered along the bed of the Amblève river. Surrounded by nature, this lovely walk is sure to put a spell on you. The Remouchamp caves a 6 km away and the Monde Sauvage 9 km.
- Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formation© A.ReuterTintigny
Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formationThis singular rock owes its geologic quality to its formation process. The Grand Cron de Lahage is a remarkable protected site, with an impressive 20 metres height.
- The mining site of Plombières and its nature reserve© Administration communale de PlombièresPlombières
The mining site of Plombières and its nature reserveThe former mining site of Plombières is now a nature reserve characterised by the presence of calamine grasslands. Growing there is a special flora linked to the concentration of zinc and other heavy metals in the substratum, of which the calamine pansy is the most representative.
- The Saint-Pierre mountain and the Maison de la Montagne (Lanaye)© vildaphoto.comLanaye
The Saint-Pierre mountain and the Maison de la Montagne (Lanaye)The Saint Pierre mountain marking the border between Wallonia, Flanders and the Netherlands, is a limestone massif with its own microclimate. Visitors stopping at the Maison de la Montagne Saint Pierre can learn of its rich fauna and flora in an interactive way.
- The Montagne de Bueren: stairs that will take your breath away© FTPL - P. FagnoulLiège
The Montagne de Bueren: stairs that will take your breath awayImpressive. That is the only word for these steep stairs. From afar, they seem impossible to conquer. But once there, looking up, he challenge is irresistib
- Legends and adventures: a fun trail to discover Dinant and the Haute Meuse© G. FocantDinant
Legends and adventures: a fun trail to discover Dinant and the Haute MeuseLive memorable adventures in Dinant and in the Haute-Meuse region with this trail-game, taking you through the local villages in the most extraordinary way.
- Rediscover the pleasure of walking barefoot at the Sentier Pieds Nus in Montleban© Ferme de la PlancheGouvy
Rediscover the pleasure of walking barefoot at the Sentier Pieds Nus in MontlebanThis 3 km long path, starting from the Ferme de la Planche is sure to surprise you: it is to be walked barefoot! A fantastic way to slow down, reconnect with simple sensation while touching the ground, water, stones or woo
- Isaac Cordal street art trail in Namur© ville de NamurNamur1.8 km
Isaac Cordal street art trail in Namur
- The Urban Dream project: a street art trail in Charleroi© Mireille SimonCharleroi4.6 km
The Urban Dream project: a street art trail in Charleroi
- The wood hills of the Citadel of Liège: nature at the heart of the fiery city© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The wood hills of the Citadel of Liège: nature at the heart of the fiery cityLocated within the citadel, these wood hills are an unexpected urban haven, ideal for peaceful walks and nature lovers. This unique natural and material heritage, 80 hectares in total, has been awarded 3 stars in the Michelin travel guide.
- The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical location© M. LaurentEtalle
The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical locationWell known by the locals, these exceptional caves feature in many legends linkeds to D’jean dMady but also to the Gaume fairies.
- The Sentiers d'Art in Condroz-Famenne© Asbl Vagabond’art – Pascale De VisscherCiney
The Sentiers d'Art in Condroz-FamenneLove art but not a fan of museums? Prefer nature and outdoors activities? Head to Condroz-Famenne. The Sentiers d'Art (art paths) feature Land’art creationsas well as well as beautifully designed shelters, often set in unexpected places.
- A surnatural walk: the Sentier de l'Etrange in Ellezelles© Madame BougeotteTournai5.4 km
A surnatural walk: the Sentier de l'Etrange in Ellezelles