From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'Aubechies© Archéosite AubechiesAubechies
Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'AubechiesThe Archeosite and Museum of Aubechies, dedicated to the era separating Pre-history from Roman times, is the largest archaeological open-air museum in Belgium.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovation© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovationTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des Celtes-LibramontLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- Centre d'Interprétation de la Chauve-Souris: an interpretative centre dedicated to bats in Comblain-au-Pont© Asbl Les découvertes de ComblainComblain-au-Pont
Centre d'Interprétation de la Chauve-Souris: an interpretative centre dedicated to bats in Comblain-au-PontThis interpretative centre, dedicated to bats, offers an interesting angle on the former quarries of Geromont: a Natura 2000 site in the Ourthe valley.
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valley© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valleyThe citadel of Dinant promises an incredible day out. Retrace 900 years history and discover the Meuse valley in Belgium.
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in WalloniaThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- The Arthothèque: discover the life of museums backstage© ArtothèqueMons
The Arthothèque: discover the life of museums backstageThe Arthothèque reveals the hidden life of no less than 50,000 artworks, their renovations, the way they are stored and protected when not on show to the public.
- The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo© WBT - J.P. RemyBraine-l'Alleud
The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo(Re)discover this famous page of Walloon history, straight on the battlefield which witnessed the battle on June 18th, 1815. More than a museum, this is a multi-sensorial, immersive experience. Come with friends and family and learn more about this event, a turning point in the history of Europe.
- The Keramis Ceramic Centre© KeramisLa Louvière
The Keramis Ceramic CentreDiscover the new Centre Keramis de la Louvière. A museum dedicated to ceramics and earthenware installed on the site of the factory Royal Boch ....
- Mulum Museum - Liege's Light Museum© Musée liégeois du Luminaire - MULUMLiège
Mulum Museum - Liege's Light MuseumThe Light Museum in Liège showcases key lighting objects and mechanisms, used all over the world from prehistoric times to the 21st century.
- Mons Belfry: a fascinating monument© Visitmons - Gregory MathelotMons
Mons Belfry: a fascinating monumentDiscover the full beauty of Belgium's only baroque belfry by taking its panoramic lift and enjoying the view over the city.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near Liège© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantBlegny
Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near LiègeLocated east of Liège, this site is one of the four authentic coal mines left in Europe, all listed by UNESCO. Put your jacket and helmet on: the guided tour will take you through galleries 30 to 60 m underground!
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- Mundaneum: Mons paper Google© Mundaneum - Frédéric RaevenMons
Mundaneum: Mons paper GoogleThe Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© WBT - Bruno D_AlimonteWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museum© MT Waterloo - Jean-Philippe Van DammeBraine-l'Alleud
Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museumThe Lion's hamlet was part of the Waterloo battlefield where French and English troops fought on June 15, 1815.
- Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkhole© Jean-Vincent BironNismes
Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkholeThe Fondry des Chiens, nestled in the Viroin-Hermeton natural park near Nismes, is a unique, protected site in Belgium. Discover the incredible biodiversity of this natural sinkhole, 20 metres deep.
- La Maison de la Pataphonie: a dream world where music comes to life© pataphonie.be - Al. CharifDinant
La Maison de la Pataphonie: a dream world where music comes to lifeSounds and texture meet in La Maison de la Pataphonie. Here, daily objects turn into musical instruments thus allowing visitors to become artists and compose their very own symphony...
- A surprising travel through time at the Computer Museum: from punch cards to smartphones© Jérémie ObsomerNamur
A surprising travel through time at the Computer Museum: from punch cards to smartphonesThe very first computer museum in Belgium... Its collections, divided in 4 themes, retrace an incredible scientific odyssey from the invention of calculators to your smartphone.
- The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume region© M.LaurentBaranzy
The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume regionThe Cussignière marshes stretch over a vast plain between the Batte river and the Cussigny stream in Lorraine.
- Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formation© A.ReuterTintigny
Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formationThis singular rock owes its geologic quality to its formation process. The Grand Cron de Lahage is a remarkable protected site, with an impressive 20 metres height.
- The remarkable beauty of the Aiguilles de Chaleux in Hulsonniaux© Alain PetitHouyet
The remarkable beauty of the Aiguilles de Chaleux in HulsonniauxThe Aiguilles de Chaleux is a limestone rock mass, which colour goes from pearl to dark grey, even going to black at times. This remarkable site is known for its beauty but also its archaeological, geological and botanical value. It has been declared Exceptional heritage of Wallonia.
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valley© WBT-Isabelle HubertyMarche-en-Famenne
The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valleyThe enclosed Fond des Vaulx valley offers 15 hectares of wild landscapes, quite a contrast with the wide spaces of the Marche plain. Fauna, flora and geology in the area are sure to fascinate visitors, let alone the many legends adding a mysterious atmosphere to the area...
- The Saint-Pierre mountain and the Maison de la Montagne (Lanaye)© vildaphoto.comVisé
The Saint-Pierre mountain and the Maison de la Montagne (Lanaye)The Saint Pierre mountain marking the border between Wallonia, Flanders and the Netherlands, is a limestone massif with its own microclimate. Visitors stopping at the Maison de la Montagne Saint Pierre can learn of its rich fauna and flora in an interactive way.
- The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geosite© FTLB - P. WillemsTellin
The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geositeThis former quarry presents remarkable stratigraphic cross sections from the lowermost Givetian (rock formation from the Givetian period). It is frequently visited by geology students from universities all over Belgium and anyone wishing to get a better insight into the field of biostratigraphy.
- The Victor's Museum fascinating collection of vintage vespas and radios© FTLB - P. WillemsGouvy
The Victor's Museum fascinating collection of vintage vespas and radiosVictor Trembloy simply is passionate about old radios: there are over 400 to see in this museum, all functioning perfectly. There is more: 78 and 33 vinyl records, vintage vespas and vehicles. Lovers of yesteryear will adore this museum.
- The Musée de la route: an original theme and scenography© FTLB - P. WillemsWelkenraedt
The Musée de la route: an original theme and scenographyThe Musée de la route (road museum) retraces the evolution of road surfaces through time, with quite an unexpected scenography!
- The mining site of Plombières and its nature reserve© Administration communale de PlombièresPlombières
The mining site of Plombières and its nature reserveThe former mining site of Plombières is now a nature reserve characterised by the presence of calamine grasslands. Growing there is a special flora linked to the concentration of zinc and other heavy metals in the substratum, of which the calamine pansy is the most representative.
- La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gem© WBT - Caroline RaseFlorenville
La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gemLa Roche à l'Appel, by the French border, is a fascinating geological curiosity found in one of the main natural reserves in Ardenne and Gaume. The site presents itself as a chaotic pile of conglomerate stones (Fépin's pudding stone), right in the Muno forest.
- Escale Forestière: a relaxing break in the Bon Secours forest© O. LegardienBon-Secours
Escale Forestière: a relaxing break in the Bon Secours forestWelcome to the Escale forestière... Now take off your shoes and enjoy this incredible path through the forest, meant to be walked on bare foot.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.
- The fascinating Laundry museum in Spa© FTPL - P. FagnoulSpa
The fascinating Laundry museum in SpaThe Museum of Laundry offers you a journey through the history of soap, laundry and living and working conditions of laundresses in Spa ....
- La Maison du Pays de Salm (Vielsalm)© maison du pays de SalmVielsalm
La Maison du Pays de Salm (Vielsalm)The Maison du Pays de Salm presents the history, geology, and folklore of Vielsalm. Visitors will learn of the famous Counts of Salm, the mysterious Macralles, the fascinating galleries of schist and coticule Strange name for a stone... Interestingly, they were used to sharpen tools.
- The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural site© commune AywailleAywaille
The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural siteThe 1.5 km hike along the Fonds de Quarreux reveals stunning rounded quartzite rocks scattered along the bed of the Amblève river. Surrounded by nature, this lovely walk is sure to put a spell on you. The Remouchamp caves a 6 km away and the Monde Sauvage 9 km.
- The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forest© MT Marche-NassogneNassogne
The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forestHides and miradors, which architecture, always integrated in nature, can be fascinating, are best way to observe the nearby fauna and flora. They usually offer amazing panoramas, all in a serene, soothing setting: the perfect place to rest when hiking through a forest!
- Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in Mageroy© MTHSFA MC MarchalHabay
Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in MageroyMageroy is one of the very rare archaeological sites to remain open to the public throughout the year while excavations are still taking place. Even better, visitors can join scientists and help with the digs.
- Page 1