From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- The Bats interpretative centre in Comblain-au-Pont© Asbl Les découvertes de ComblainComblain-au-Pont
The Bats interpretative centre in Comblain-au-PontThis interpretative centre, dedicated to bats, offers an interesting angle on the former quarries of Geromont: a Natura 2000 site in the Ourthe valley.
- ÔÔ Paradis des Sens (Walcourt)© ÔÔ Paradis des SensWalcourt
ÔÔ Paradis des Sens (Walcourt)ÔÔ Paradis des Sens will awaken your senses through unexpected immersive experiences in Walcourt.
- ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragrance© ÔÔ ParfumsPhilippeville
ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragranceÔÔ Parfums, based in the province of Namur, invites to discover the world of master perfumers. Visitors joining the workshop will learn to make a unique fragrance reflecting their personality. Quite an exclusive experience!
- Mundaneum: Mons paper Google© Mundaneum - Frédéric RaevenMons
Mundaneum: Mons paper GoogleThe Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
- The Maison des Géants (the Giants' house) in Ath: an impressive museum in Wallonia© ARTHURS H - Fédération du Tourisme de la Province de HainautAth
The Maison des Géants (the Giants' house) in Ath: an impressive museum in WalloniaIn November 2005, UNESCO added to its list of intangible cultural heritage the giants and fantasy figures of 9 Belgian and French cities.
- Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'Aubechies© Archéosite AubechiesAubechies
Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'AubechiesThe Archeosite and Museum of Aubechies, dedicated to the era separating Pre-history from Roman times, is the largest archaeological open-air museum in Belgium.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-ThuinThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des Celtes-LibramontLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- The Arthothèque: discover the life of museums backstage© ArtothèqueMons
The Arthothèque: discover the life of museums backstageThe Arthothèque reveals the hidden life of no less than 50,000 artworks, their renovations, the way they are stored and protected when not on show to the public.
- Mulum Museum - Liege's Light Museum© Musée liégeois du Luminaire - MULUMLiège
Mulum Museum - Liege's Light MuseumThe Light Museum in Liège showcases key lighting objects and mechanisms, used all over the world from prehistoric times to the 21st century.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© Geopark Famenne ArdenneWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geosite© WBT - Caroline RaseTellin
The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geositeThis former quarry presents remarkable stratigraphic cross sections from the lowermost Givetian (rock formation from the Givetian period). It is frequently visited by geology students from universities all over Belgium and anyone wishing to get a better insight into the field of biostratigraphy.
- La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gem© WBT - Caroline RaseFlorenville
La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gemLa Roche à l'Appel, by the French border, is a fascinating geological curiosity found in one of the main natural reserves in Ardenne and Gaume. The site presents itself as a chaotic pile of conglomerate stones (Fépin's pudding stone), right in the Muno forest.
- Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkhole© Jean-Vincent BironNismes
Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkholeThe Fondry des Chiens, nestled in the Viroin-Hermeton natural park near Nismes, is a unique, protected site in Belgium. Discover the incredible biodiversity of this natural sinkhole, 20 metres deep.
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- The remarkable beauty of the Aiguilles de Chaleux in Hulsonniaux© Alain PetitHouyet
The remarkable beauty of the Aiguilles de Chaleux in HulsonniauxThe Aiguilles de Chaleux is a limestone rock mass, which colour goes from pearl to dark grey, even going to black at times. This remarkable site is known for its beauty but also its archaeological, geological and botanical value. It has been declared Exceptional heritage of Wallonia.
- Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | Rebecq© Moulins d'Arenberg - Yves-Henri FeltzRebecq
Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | RebecqStep back in time as you enter the space of the Petit Moulin d'Arenberg in Rebecq. Enjoy visiting the neighboring beer house ...
- The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume region© M.LaurentBaranzy
The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume regionThe Cussignière marshes stretch over a vast plain between the Batte river and the Cussigny stream in Lorraine.
- Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formation© A.ReuterTintigny
Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formationThis singular rock owes its geologic quality to its formation process. The Grand Cron de Lahage is a remarkable protected site, with an impressive 20 metres height.
- Farm golf at La Ferme des Prés | Steenkerque© WBT - Caroline RaseSteenkerque
Farm golf at La Ferme des Prés | SteenkerqueAt La Ferme des Prés, farm gold is a fantastic opportunity to share a good time with friends and family. No green, here but meadows and cows, adding to the challenge. There are 9 holes, a leather ball and you will be given a special club, with a wooden clamp at its base. Laughs guaranteed.
- A surprising travel through time at the Computer Museum: from punch cards to smartphones© Jérémie ObsomerNamur
A surprising travel through time at the Computer Museum: from punch cards to smartphonesThe very first computer museum in Belgium... Its collections, divided in 4 themes, retrace an incredible scientific odyssey from the invention of calculators to your smartphone.
- The Musée de la route: an original theme and scenography© WBT - Caroline RaseWelkenraedt
The Musée de la route: an original theme and scenographyThe Musée de la route (road museum) retraces the evolution of road surfaces through time, with quite an unexpected scenography!
- La Maison de la Pataphonie: a dream world where music comes to life© pataphonie.be - Al. CharifDinant
La Maison de la Pataphonie: a dream world where music comes to lifeSounds and texture meet in La Maison de la Pataphonie. Here, daily objects turn into musical instruments thus allowing visitors to become artists and compose their very own symphony...
- In this extra-ordinary museum dedicated to phones, the oldest model dates back to 1890© OT CominesPetitvoir
In this extra-ordinary museum dedicated to phones, the oldest model dates back to 1890Emile Thinès, owner and founder of the Telephone museum, used to work in a telephone company. After having collected, for over 20 years, a wide range of phones, he decided to share his passion and put them on show.
- The Victor's Museum fascinating collection of vintage vespas and radios© Kristien HanseboutGouvy
The Victor's Museum fascinating collection of vintage vespas and radiosVictor Trembloy simply is passionate about old radios: there are over 400 to see in this museum, all functioning perfectly. There is more: 78 and 33 vinyl records, vintage vespas and vehicles. Lovers of yesteryear will adore this museum.
- The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valley© WBT-Isabelle HubertyMarche-en-Famenne
The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valleyThe enclosed Fond des Vaulx valley offers 15 hectares of wild landscapes, quite a contrast with the wide spaces of the Marche plain. Fauna, flora and geology in the area are sure to fascinate visitors, let alone the many legends adding a mysterious atmosphere to the area...
- Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in Mageroy© MTHSFA MC MarchalHabay-la-Vieille
Become an archeologist at the Gallo Roman Villa in MageroyMageroy is one of the very rare archaeological sites to remain open to the public throughout the year while excavations are still taking place. Even better, visitors can join scientists and help with the digs.
- Farm Golf | Ferme de la Bourgade | Heure en Condroz© MT Condroz FamenneSomme-Leuze
Farm Golf | Ferme de la Bourgade | Heure en CondrozLa Ferme de La Bourgade, located in Heure (Condroz), invites you to play golf with a twist: Farm Golf.
- Escale Forestière: a relaxing break in the Bon Secours forest© O. LegardienBon-Secours
Escale Forestière: a relaxing break in the Bon Secours forestWelcome to the Escale forestière... Now take off your shoes and enjoy this incredible path through the forest, meant to be walked on bare foot.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.
- The fascinating Laundry museum in Spa© FTPL - P. FagnoulSpa
The fascinating Laundry museum in SpaThe Museum of Laundry offers you a journey through the history of soap, laundry and living and working conditions of laundresses in Spa ....
- La Maison du Pays de Salm (Vielsalm)© maison du pays de SalmVielsalm
La Maison du Pays de Salm (Vielsalm)The Maison du Pays de Salm presents the history, geology, and folklore of Vielsalm. Visitors will learn of the famous Counts of Salm, the mysterious Macralles, the fascinating galleries of schist and coticule Strange name for a stone... Interestingly, they were used to sharpen tools.
- The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural site© commune AywailleAywaille
The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural siteThe 1.5 km hike along the Fonds de Quarreux reveals stunning rounded quartzite rocks scattered along the bed of the Amblève river. Surrounded by nature, this lovely walk is sure to put a spell on you. The Remouchamp caves a 6 km away and the Monde Sauvage 9 km.
- The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forest© MT Marche-NassogneNassogne
The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forestHides and miradors, which architecture, always integrated in nature, can be fascinating, are best way to observe the nearby fauna and flora. They usually offer amazing panoramas, all in a serene, soothing setting: the perfect place to rest when hiking through a forest!
- Musée de la rubanerie in Comines© MRc - O. ClynckemaillieComines
Musée de la rubanerie in CominesThe Museum of Ribbon, in the town of Comines (Belgium), traces the history of the ribbon industry since the 13th century.
- Pays des collines Eco Museum in La Hamaide© C. CardonLahamaide
Pays des collines Eco Museum in La HamaideThe Pays des Collines Eco Museum, with its intergenerational game, are sure to delight parents and children alike...
- The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical location© M. LaurentEtalle
The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical locationWell known by the locals, these exceptional caves feature in many legends linkeds to D’jean dMady but also to the Gaume fairies.
- Golfing with the cattle at the Gerard Sart farm© Damien MalvettiSaint-André
Golfing with the cattle at the Gerard Sart farmWallonia has a fine selection of golf courses, suitable for all levels of expertise. But not everyone is comfortable with the game’s somewhat elite image, its strict rules about dress and etiquette on the course and clubhouse. The equipment and fees can be pricey too…
- Countryside golf in Stoumont: a surprising game with cows around© MonvilleStoumont
Countryside golf in Stoumont: a surprising game with cows aroundCountryside golf in Stoumont brings a twist to the traditional golf game. Playing golf in grazing fields with animals around is well known in Holland but it's always quite a surprise to the newly acquainted. The course, set in the stunning setting of the Parc Naturel des Sources, offers different challenges as the weat
- Montauban: nature, history and contemporary art© WBT - Benjamin de RothsteinEtalle
Montauban: nature, history and contemporary artThe site is divided into two sections. The bottom one is a real green haven: its streams helped local industries to develop in the past. The upper side includes the lapidary museum, a surprising construction.
- Page 1