From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Label, certification or network
- Avenature: fun nature activities in Vielsalm (Ardenne)© AvenatureVielsalm
Avenature: fun nature activities in Vielsalm (Ardenne)Avenature is a wonderful opportunity to try a variety of extraordinary adventure sports, all at the same place. The challenges found their inspiration in the local folklore and take place in nature: tree top trekking, discgolf, gauswheel, monkey climbing, western games, kayak, GPS hikes...
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- Aventure Parc Wavre: tree top adventures near Brussels© Aventure ParcWavre
Aventure Parc Wavre: tree top adventures near BrusselsThis Adventure Park in Wavre is all about high in the sky adrenalin in the heart of nature - with a little help from mankind. 40 zip wires, including a 250 m long one, have no place for scaredy cats but if you take the leap, it's absolutely thrilling. Zipping on high wires like flying monkeys and enjoying jumps with in
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries© Simon SchmittNamur
The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleriesUpon inspection of the Citadel, Napoleon labelled it as “Europe’s Termite Mound” due to its extensive network of underground passages. Discover 500m of restored passages with an immersive-guided tour that will take you to the heart of the history of the Citadel’s entrails, through sound and light.
- Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventures© Wildtrails - Frank DescampsJupille-sur-Ourthe
Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventuresFun, comfortable, stable, 100 ecological: quad bikes are all-terrain vehicles on four wheels accessible to all. Perfect for an outdoor adventure with friends, colleagues or family.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkhole© Jean-Vincent BironNismes
Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkholeThe Fondry des Chiens, nestled in the Viroin-Hermeton natural park near Nismes, is a unique, protected site in Belgium. Discover the incredible biodiversity of this natural sinkhole, 20 metres deep.
- The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valley© WBT-Isabelle HubertyMarche-en-Famenne
The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valleyThe enclosed Fond des Vaulx valley offers 15 hectares of wild landscapes, quite a contrast with the wide spaces of the Marche plain. Fauna, flora and geology in the area are sure to fascinate visitors, let alone the many legends adding a mysterious atmosphere to the area...
- The remarkable beauty of the Aiguilles de Chaleux in Hulsonniaux© Alain PetitHouyet
The remarkable beauty of the Aiguilles de Chaleux in HulsonniauxThe Aiguilles de Chaleux is a limestone rock mass, which colour goes from pearl to dark grey, even going to black at times. This remarkable site is known for its beauty but also its archaeological, geological and botanical value. It has been declared Exceptional heritage of Wallonia.
- The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume region© M.LaurentBaranzy
The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume regionThe Cussignière marshes stretch over a vast plain between the Batte river and the Cussigny stream in Lorraine.
- Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formation© A.ReuterTintigny
Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formationThis singular rock owes its geologic quality to its formation process. The Grand Cron de Lahage is a remarkable protected site, with an impressive 20 metres height.
- La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gem© WBT - Caroline RaseFlorenville
La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gemLa Roche à l'Appel, by the French border, is a fascinating geological curiosity found in one of the main natural reserves in Ardenne and Gaume. The site presents itself as a chaotic pile of conglomerate stones (Fépin's pudding stone), right in the Muno forest.
- The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geosite© WBT- Pierre PauquayTellin
The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geositeThis former quarry presents remarkable stratigraphic cross sections from the lowermost Givetian (rock formation from the Givetian period). It is frequently visited by geology students from universities all over Belgium and anyone wishing to get a better insight into the field of biostratigraphy.
- Farm golf at La Ferme des Prés | Steenkerque© WBT- Pierre PauquaySteenkerque
Farm golf at La Ferme des Prés | SteenkerqueAt La Ferme des Prés, farm gold is a fantastic opportunity to share a good time with friends and family. No green, here but meadows and cows, adding to the challenge. There are 9 holes, a leather ball and you will be given a special club, with a wooden clamp at its base. Laughs guaranteed.
- Farm Golf | Ferme de la Bourgade | Heure en Condroz© MT Condroz FamenneSomme-Leuze
Farm Golf | Ferme de la Bourgade | Heure en CondrozLa Ferme de La Bourgade, located in Heure (Condroz), invites you to play golf with a twist: Farm Golf.
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural site© commune AywailleAywaille
The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural siteThe 1.5 km hike along the Fonds de Quarreux reveals stunning rounded quartzite rocks scattered along the bed of the Amblève river. Surrounded by nature, this lovely walk is sure to put a spell on you. The Remouchamp caves a 6 km away and the Monde Sauvage 9 km.
- The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forest© MT Marche-NassogneNassogne
The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forestHides and miradors, which architecture, always integrated in nature, can be fascinating, are best way to observe the nearby fauna and flora. They usually offer amazing panoramas, all in a serene, soothing setting: the perfect place to rest when hiking through a forest!
- The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical location© M. LaurentEtalle
The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical locationWell known by the locals, these exceptional caves feature in many legends linkeds to D’jean dMady but also to the Gaume fairies.
- Golfing with the cattle at the Gerard Sart farm© Damien MalvettiSaint-André
Golfing with the cattle at the Gerard Sart farmWallonia has a fine selection of golf courses, suitable for all levels of expertise. But not everyone is comfortable with the game’s somewhat elite image, its strict rules about dress and etiquette on the course and clubhouse. The equipment and fees can be pricey too…
- Countryside golf in Stoumont: a surprising game with cows around© MonvilleStoumont
Countryside golf in Stoumont: a surprising game with cows aroundCountryside golf in Stoumont brings a twist to the traditional golf game. Playing golf in grazing fields with animals around is well known in Holland but it's always quite a surprise to the newly acquainted. The course, set in the stunning setting of the Parc Naturel des Sources, offers different challenges as the weat
- The wood hills of the Citadel of Liège: nature at the heart of the fiery city© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The wood hills of the Citadel of Liège: nature at the heart of the fiery cityLocated within the citadel, these wood hills are an unexpected urban haven, ideal for peaceful walks and nature lovers. This unique natural and material heritage, 80 hectares in total, has been awarded 3 stars in the Michelin travel guide.