From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Label, certification or network
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-ThuinThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkhole© Jean-Vincent BironNismes
Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkholeThe Fondry des Chiens, nestled in the Viroin-Hermeton natural park near Nismes, is a unique, protected site in Belgium. Discover the incredible biodiversity of this natural sinkhole, 20 metres deep.
- The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valley© WBT-Isabelle HubertyMarche-en-Famenne
The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valleyThe enclosed Fond des Vaulx valley offers 15 hectares of wild landscapes, quite a contrast with the wide spaces of the Marche plain. Fauna, flora and geology in the area are sure to fascinate visitors, let alone the many legends adding a mysterious atmosphere to the area...
- The remarkable beauty of the Aiguilles de Chaleux in Hulsonniaux© Alain PetitHouyet
The remarkable beauty of the Aiguilles de Chaleux in HulsonniauxThe Aiguilles de Chaleux is a limestone rock mass, which colour goes from pearl to dark grey, even going to black at times. This remarkable site is known for its beauty but also its archaeological, geological and botanical value. It has been declared Exceptional heritage of Wallonia.
- The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume region© M.LaurentBaranzy
The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume regionThe Cussignière marshes stretch over a vast plain between the Batte river and the Cussigny stream in Lorraine.
- Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formation© A.ReuterTintigny
Le Gros Cron de Lahage: an impressive geological formationThis singular rock owes its geologic quality to its formation process. The Grand Cron de Lahage is a remarkable protected site, with an impressive 20 metres height.
- La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gem© WBT - Caroline RaseFlorenville
La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gemLa Roche à l'Appel, by the French border, is a fascinating geological curiosity found in one of the main natural reserves in Ardenne and Gaume. The site presents itself as a chaotic pile of conglomerate stones (Fépin's pudding stone), right in the Muno forest.
- The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geosite© WBT- Pierre PauquayTellin
The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geositeThis former quarry presents remarkable stratigraphic cross sections from the lowermost Givetian (rock formation from the Givetian period). It is frequently visited by geology students from universities all over Belgium and anyone wishing to get a better insight into the field of biostratigraphy.
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural site© commune AywailleAywaille
The Fonds de Quarreux in Aywaille: an outstanding natural siteThe 1.5 km hike along the Fonds de Quarreux reveals stunning rounded quartzite rocks scattered along the bed of the Amblève river. Surrounded by nature, this lovely walk is sure to put a spell on you. The Remouchamp caves a 6 km away and the Monde Sauvage 9 km.
- The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forest© MT Marche-NassogneNassogne
The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forestHides and miradors, which architecture, always integrated in nature, can be fascinating, are best way to observe the nearby fauna and flora. They usually offer amazing panoramas, all in a serene, soothing setting: the perfect place to rest when hiking through a forest!
- The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical location© M. LaurentEtalle
The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical locationWell known by the locals, these exceptional caves feature in many legends linkeds to D’jean dMady but also to the Gaume fairies.
- Le p'tit train d'Houdeng brings the trains of your childhood back to life© Paula MondragonHoudeng-Goegnies
Le p'tit train d'Houdeng brings the trains of your childhood back to lifeRiding a train, impossible? Dreams do come true at the P'tit train d'Houdeng. Sitting on your own electric or steam train, you can enjoy being the driver on a 1,600 m long network of tracks.
- The Hautes Fagnes railbikes | Elsenborn© WBT - Julie NevenElsenborn
The Hautes Fagnes railbikes | ElsenbornLooking for an original activity with family or friends? Try the Railbike and pedal through the beautiful wooded landscape of the Haute Fagnes.