From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
- Reinhardstein castle | Ovifat© WBT - S. WittenbolOvifat
Reinhardstein castle | OvifatNestled in the eastern townships of the Haute s Fagnes, this castle from the 14th century overlooks Ovifat from the top of its peak.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in Brugelette© WBT - David SamynBrugelette
Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in BrugeletteTaking a stroll through Pairi Daiza feels like a journey around the world... The World Garden takes transports you to every continent in turn, with the opportunity to admire animals as you walk. No wonder Pairi Daiza was voted best zoo in Europe for the past few years.
- Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventures© Wildtrails - Frank DescampsRendeux
Wildtrails Basecamp in Jupille-sur-Ourthe: water sports and adventuresFun, comfortable, stable, 100 ecological: quad bikes are all-terrain vehicles on four wheels accessible to all. Perfect for an outdoor adventure with friends, colleagues or family.
- Mundaneum de Mons | Centre d'archives et espace muséal© Mundaneum - Frédéric RaevenMons
Mundaneum de Mons | Centre d'archives et espace muséalThe Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
- Visit'Entreprise| L'atelier ÔÔ Paradis des Sens à Walcourt© ÔÔ Paradis des SensWalcourt
Visit'Entreprise| L'atelier ÔÔ Paradis des Sens à WalcourtÔÔ Paradis des Sens will awaken your senses through unexpected immersive experiences in Walcourt.
- Gemotions, a thrilling scavenger hunt with challenges sent by text© GemotionsAround Wallonia
Gemotions, a thrilling scavenger hunt with challenges sent by textGemotions crates modern scavenger hunts. All you need is a mobile phone: riddles and challenges will be sent by text, a fun way to discover a city, a secret gem, a park, a museum... You can also create your own trail on their website.
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des CeltesLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- An extraordinary gourmet carriage ride organised by Ardenne Trait Gourmande© traits gourmande - L. DeprellePorcheresse
An extraordinary gourmet carriage ride organised by Ardenne Trait GourmandeLove off-the-beaten-path experiences? This one is sure to seduce foodies: discover the Ardenne on board a carriage on which a gourmet table has been set...
- Take a stroll along the meditative path of the Villers Abbey, through the garden of scents© Abbaye de Villers asblVillers-la-Ville
Take a stroll along the meditative path of the Villers Abbey, through the garden of scentsStressed by work, worn out by routine? Find serenity off the beaten path on the Sentier méditatif de l’Abbaye, the abbey's meditative path. Panels placed along the trail invite visitors to relax and reconnect with their surroundings.
- Comblain-au-Pont bats interpretative centre© Asbl Les découvertes de ComblainComblain-au-Pont
Comblain-au-Pont bats interpretative centreThis interpretative centre, dedicated to bats, offers an interesting angle on the former quarries of Geromont: a Natura 2000 site in the Ourthe valley.
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayHoudeng-Goegnies
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemart© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNivelles
The Collegiate Church of St Gertrude and its impressive jacquemartThe jacquemart (an animated mechanised figure which strikes the hours on a bell with a hammer) of the Sainte-Gertrude collegiate church in Nivelle is one of 3 in Wallonia.
- Mulum Museum - Liege's Light Museum© Musée liégeois du Luminaire - MULUMLiège
Mulum Museum - Liege's Light MuseumThe Light Museum in Liège showcases key lighting objects and mechanisms, used all over the world from prehistoric times to the 21st century.
- Mons Artothèque Mons: discover what happens in museums backstage© ArtothèqueMons
Mons Artothèque Mons: discover what happens in museums backstageThe Arthothèque reveals the hidden life of no less than 50,000 artworks, their renovations, the way they are stored and protected when not on show to the public.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragrance© ÔÔ ParfumsPhilippeville
ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragranceÔÔ Parfums, based in the province of Namur, invites to discover the world of master perfumers. Visitors joining the workshop will learn to make a unique fragrance reflecting their personality. Quite an exclusive experience!
- Aventure Parc Wavre: tree top adventures near Brussels© Aventure ParcWavre
Aventure Parc Wavre: tree top adventures near BrusselsThis Adventure Park in Wavre is all about high in the sky adrenalin in the heart of nature - with a little help from mankind. 40 zip wires, including a 250 m long one, have no place for scaredy cats but if you take the leap, it's absolutely thrilling. Zipping on high wires like flying monkeys and enjoying jumps with in
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries© Simon SchmittNamur
The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleriesUpon inspection of the Citadel, Napoleon labelled it as “Europe’s Termite Mound” due to its extensive network of underground passages. Discover 500m of restored passages with an immersive-guided tour that will take you to the heart of the history of the Citadel’s entrails, through sound and light.
- The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramway© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramwayThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- The Spin Leisure Park: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Pascal PiersonFroidchapelle
The Spin Leisure Park: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakesThe Spin Cablepark is a waterski lift on a lake instead of a mountain: perfect to enjoy nautical sports and wakeboarding! Go on - dive in...
- Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'Aubechies© Archéosite AubechiesAubechies
Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'AubechiesThe Archeosite and Museum of Aubechies, dedicated to the era separating Pre-history from Roman times, is the largest archaeological open-air museum in Belgium.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Spa Raconté | Historical storytelling in the city of Spa© WBT - David SamynSpa
Spa Raconté | Historical storytelling in the city of SpaThe tourist office of Spa invites you a special tour guided by Gaëtan Bobelin, an aristocrat in 18th century period costume. This storyteller is passionate about local history.
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- Avenature: fun nature activities in Vielsalm (Ardenne)© AvenatureVielsalm
Avenature: fun nature activities in Vielsalm (Ardenne)Avenature is a wonderful opportunity to try a variety of extraordinary adventure sports, all at the same place. The challenges found their inspiration in the local folklore and take place in nature: tree top trekking, discgolf, gauswheel, monkey climbing, western games, kayak, GPS hikes...
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia© WBT - S. WittenbolLa Louvière
The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in WalloniaLocated on the Canal du Centre, the Strépy-Thieu funicular lift is the largest boat lift and its 73.15 metres incline is the largest in the world. An absolute must see if you are travelling through the Hainaut region.
- The former Tellin foundry, which produced thousands of bells© Tellin-Fonderie ASBLTellin
The former Tellin foundry, which produced thousands of bellsThe Tellin foundry was the very last one in Belgium to make bells. Guided tours of the site, listed as industrial cultural heritage, present the lost wax technique used at the time, the bridge crane and the reverberatory furnace.
- The Eau d'Heure lakes golf© Jean-Paul PoiretBoussu-lez-Walcourt
The Eau d'Heure lakes golfThe Pro1Golf Entertainment Centre invites you to the Lakes of Eau d'Heure. Whatever your level, you're welcome.
- BattleKart Mouscron© BattleKartMouscron
BattleKart MouscronInspired by Super Mario and Mario Kart, BattleKart is the very first karting-gaming centre in the world. There you can enjoy a virtual track, just as fun as if you were in a video game.
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem© Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gemTournai is best seen from its 15th century belfry, listed by UNESCO. Built on the site of the 1218 original after it burnt down, it is the oldest in Wallonia's seven belfries and the only one with outdoor viewing platforms.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© Geopark Famenne ArdenneWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- Maison des Géants d'Ath, une visite de taille en Wallonie© ARTHURS H - Fédération du Tourisme de la Province de HainautAth
Maison des Géants d'Ath, une visite de taille en WallonieIn November 2005, UNESCO added to its list of intangible cultural heritage the giants and fantasy figures of 9 Belgian and French cities.
- Hitler's Bunker in Bruly-de-Pesche© bunkerhitler.beBrûly-de-Pesche
Hitler's Bunker in Bruly-de-PescheA completely renovated remembrance site, only a stone's throw from the French border, where Adolf Hitler stayed during the Second World War.
- A speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
A speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de HanA new speleology trail at the Domaine des Grottes de Han gives visitors the chance to explore caves never opened to the public before.
- The Musée de la fête foraine et de la Mémoire (Saint-Ghislain) is dedicated to fun fairs of yesteryear© Jean-Philippe GilliotSaint-Ghislain
The Musée de la fête foraine et de la Mémoire (Saint-Ghislain) is dedicated to fun fairs of yesteryearThe Musée de la Foire et de la Mémoire invite visitors to travel through the fairs and ducasses of the past, from the Middle Age to the present days. Seeing the hook a duck games, the carousels, the bumper cars, street food stalls of yesteryear, you might very well feel like a child again.
- Pays des collines Eco Museum in La Hamaide© C. CardonLahamaide
Pays des collines Eco Museum in La HamaideThe Pays des Collines Eco Museum, with its intergenerational game, are sure to delight parents and children alike...
- Musée Monopoli | Province of Namur© Kristien HanseboutFlostoy
Musée Monopoli | Province of NamurNothing to do with the game! Renato Monopoli, fascinated by all kind of automatons (singing, moving, surprising...) started gathering them.
- The Autrucherie du Doneu: exceptional birds in Rochefort© Laurent BombardeNavaugle
The Autrucherie du Doneu: exceptional birds in RochefortJacques et Lydia Bruyaux opened their ostrich farm in 1997. The stunning site, by a castle in Rochefort, is now home to a hundred birds of all ages...
- The Saint-Etienne church in Waha: a Romanesque church rich in artistic gems© WBT - Denis ErroyauxWaha
The Saint-Etienne church in Waha: a Romanesque church rich in artistic gemsThe Saint-Etienne church, one of the oldest in Belgium, is the only one to have kept its dedicatory stone, commemorating its consecration in 1050. Its stained windows were the very last work of artist Jean-Michel Folon.