From a multi sensory meditation path in the grounds of an abbey to an underground walk displaying nature as the artist in a 300 million year old cave sculpted by the Eau de Noir river.. Wallonia takes you off the beaten track.
Visit some amazing places, extraordinary tourist attractions or lesser-known museums that invite you to view unique collections patiently gathered by enthusiasts.
You can stroll along magical or mysterious trails. Be amazed by unique artistic works and installations at every turn of your walk. And you can’t fail to admire the many scenic natural sites or the truly breathtaking landscapes.
Label, certification or network
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem© Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gemTournai is best seen from its 15th century belfry, listed by UNESCO. Built on the site of the 1218 original after it burnt down, it is the oldest in Wallonia's seven belfries and the only one with outdoor viewing platforms.
- Reinhardstein castle | Ovifat© WBT - S. WittenbolOvifat
Reinhardstein castle | OvifatNestled in the eastern townships of the Haute s Fagnes, this castle from the 14th century overlooks Ovifat from the top of its peak.
- Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near Liège© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantBlegny
Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near LiègeLocated east of Liège, this site is one of the four authentic coal mines left in Europe, all listed by UNESCO. Put your jacket and helmet on: the guided tour will take you through galleries 30 to 60 m underground!
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries© Simon SchmittNamur
The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleriesUpon inspection of the Citadel, Napoleon labelled it as “Europe’s Termite Mound” due to its extensive network of underground passages. Discover 500m of restored passages with an immersive-guided tour that will take you to the heart of the history of the Citadel’s entrails, through sound and light.
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- Mundaneum: Mons paper Google© Mundaneum - Frédéric RaevenMons
Mundaneum: Mons paper GoogleThe Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© WBT - Bruno D_AlimonteWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museum© MT Waterloo - Jean-Philippe Van DammeBraine-l'Alleud
Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museumThe Lion's hamlet was part of the Waterloo battlefield where French and English troops fought on June 15, 1815.
- The bison farm (Recogne)© Pixabay - skeezeBastogne
The bison farm (Recogne)Let this vibrant nature site in Recogne (Ardenne), home to 200 bison, wow you...
- A walk along in the Ninglinspo valley© Pierre PauquayAywaille6.2 km
A walk along in the Ninglinspo valley
- The Canadian totem in Virton: a moving memory of a special friendship© La Lorraine Gaumaise - M. LaurentVirton
The Canadian totem in Virton: a moving memory of a special friendshipAs part of the agreement with NATO, airforces from accross the Atlantic built strategic bases in Europe, including the Marville one in France. In 1955, Virton, like Florenville and Longuyon in France, did their best to welcome hundreds of 1st wing Canadian airmen and their families, then looking for a shelter.
- Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkhole© Jean-Vincent BironNismes
Fondry des Chiens: an impressive sinkholeThe Fondry des Chiens, nestled in the Viroin-Hermeton natural park near Nismes, is a unique, protected site in Belgium. Discover the incredible biodiversity of this natural sinkhole, 20 metres deep.
- The fascinating legend of Mousny's white stones© Colette MottetMousny
The fascinating legend of Mousny's white stonesMousny is famous for its blancs cailloux or white stones, beautiful pieces of white quartz, scattered in the countryside, similar to menhirs.
- The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valley© WBT-Isabelle HubertyMarche-en-Famenne
The Fond des Vaulx: a luscious, mysterious valleyThe enclosed Fond des Vaulx valley offers 15 hectares of wild landscapes, quite a contrast with the wide spaces of the Marche plain. Fauna, flora and geology in the area are sure to fascinate visitors, let alone the many legends adding a mysterious atmosphere to the area...
- The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume region© M.LaurentBaranzy
The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume regionThe Cussignière marshes stretch over a vast plain between the Batte river and the Cussigny stream in Lorraine.
- La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gem© WBT - Caroline RaseFlorenville
La Roche à l'Appel (Muno): an exceptional geological gemLa Roche à l'Appel, by the French border, is a fascinating geological curiosity found in one of the main natural reserves in Ardenne and Gaume. The site presents itself as a chaotic pile of conglomerate stones (Fépin's pudding stone), right in the Muno forest.
- The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geosite© recyclind - PixabayTellin
The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geositeThis former quarry presents remarkable stratigraphic cross sections from the lowermost Givetian (rock formation from the Givetian period). It is frequently visited by geology students from universities all over Belgium and anyone wishing to get a better insight into the field of biostratigraphy.
- La Grande Traversée: a long hike in the Pays de Chimay forest© M. BerthaFroidchapelle
La Grande Traversée: a long hike in the Pays de Chimay forestWelcome to La Grande Traversée: Wallonia's GR (Grande Randonnée ou Long Hike) itinerary, complete with bivouacs every 15 km. Get your backpack ready, pick up your tent and explore the Pays de Chimay Forest.
- CrazyAxes | Axe throwing in Wavre© Crazy Axes TeamWavre
CrazyAxes | Axe throwing in WavreWake up the lumberjack in you or simply get rid of your frustration at CrazyAxes in Wavre... throwing axes!
- A walk along the Lesse in Redu© WBT - Pierre PauquayLibin6.1 km
A walk along the Lesse in Redu
- A celtic walk in Bérismenil© WBT - Pierre PauquayLa Roche-en-Ardenne7.4 km
A celtic walk in Bérismenil
- Schaltin: donkey rides in the province of NamurSchaltin
Schaltin: donkey rides in the province of NamurCreated in October 2018, Flâneries organises nature activities and donkey rides in the countryside. Perfect as a romantic or family day out.
- La Maison de la Pataphonie: a dream world where music comes to life© pataphonie.be - Al. CharifDinant
La Maison de la Pataphonie: a dream world where music comes to lifeSounds and texture meet in La Maison de la Pataphonie. Here, daily objects turn into musical instruments thus allowing visitors to become artists and compose their very own symphony...
- A stunning woodland walk in Laneuville-au-Bois© WBT-Pierre PauquaySaint-Hubert12 km
A stunning woodland walk in Laneuville-au-Bois
- A walk in the countryside in L'Ecluse© WBT - Pierre PauquayJodoigne6.5 km
A walk in the countryside in L'Ecluse
- A walk to suspended gardens in Liège© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège2.6 km
A walk to suspended gardens in Liège
- An enchanting walk in Croix-Rouge (Gaume)© M. LaurentVirton7.3 km
An enchanting walk in Croix-Rouge (Gaume)
- In the footsteps of resistants in Gedinne© Pierre PauquayVresse-sur-Semois5.3 km
In the footsteps of resistants in Gedinne
- The VEX: Virtual Reality in Louvain-la-Neuve and Liège© The Vex - Jérémie DenisOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The VEX: Virtual Reality in Louvain-la-Neuve and LiègeAt The Vex, you get to step ito incredible VR universes... The perfect escape from reality!
- Farm golf at La Ferme des Prés | Steenkerque© FTLB - P. WillemsSteenkerque
Farm golf at La Ferme des Prés | SteenkerqueAt La Ferme des Prés, farm gold is a fantastic opportunity to share a good time with friends and family. No green, here but meadows and cows, adding to the challenge. There are 9 holes, a leather ball and you will be given a special club, with a wooden clamp at its base. Laughs guaranteed.
- A peaceful walk in Waulsort | La Belle époque© WBT - J.L. FlémalHastière4.3 km
A peaceful walk in Waulsort | La Belle époque
- A walk in the hills near Ellezelles© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtEllezelles13 km
A walk in the hills near Ellezelles
- Hiking in Wallonia: along the enchanting Ninglinspo river© WBT Pierre PauquayAywaille14.6 km
Hiking in Wallonia: along the enchanting Ninglinspo river
- Randonnée pédestre incontournable à Wéris | Les grands paysages© Geopark Famenne ArdenneWéris15 km
Randonnée pédestre incontournable à Wéris | Les grands paysages
- An art walk in Gesves© MT Condroz FamenneGesves13 km
An art walk in Gesves
- A surprising travel through time at the Computer Museum: from punch cards to smartphones© Jérémie ObsomerNamur
A surprising travel through time at the Computer Museum: from punch cards to smartphonesThe very first computer museum in Belgium... Its collections, divided in 4 themes, retrace an incredible scientific odyssey from the invention of calculators to your smartphone.
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- Charleroi street art trail© Francis PourcelCharleroi3.7 km
Charleroi street art trail
- Charleroi comic book trail© WBT - Christophe VandercamCharleroi2 km
Charleroi comic book trail
- Escale Forestière: a relaxing break in the Bon Secours forest© O. LegardienBon-Secours
Escale Forestière: a relaxing break in the Bon Secours forestWelcome to the Escale forestière... Now take off your shoes and enjoy this incredible path through the forest, meant to be walked on bare foot.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.
- The fascinating Laundry museum in Spa© FTPL - P. FagnoulSpa
The fascinating Laundry museum in SpaThe Museum of Laundry offers you a journey through the history of soap, laundry and living and working conditions of laundresses in Spa ....
- City Golf: visit Tournai golf club in hand© city-golf.beTournai
City Golf: visit Tournai golf club in handLove visits with a twist? Try City Golf in Tournai: a fantastic way to see the town's cultural icons while having fun...
- Le p'tit train d'Houdeng brings the trains of your childhood back to life© Paula MondragonHoudeng-Goegnies
Le p'tit train d'Houdeng brings the trains of your childhood back to lifeRiding a train, impossible? Dreams do come true at the P'tit train d'Houdeng. Sitting on your own electric or steam train, you can enjoy being the driver on a 1,600 m long network of tracks.