Admiring castles surrounded by beautiful moats, explore hills and valleys to listen to the whisper of a stream... Discover amazing activities along Wallonia's waterways.
- Page 1
- Lompret, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Hainaut© Mark RossignolLompret
Lompret, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of HainautNestled in a valley bathed by the Eau Blanche, Lompret was built on a former feudal castle. It kept its elegant atmosphere and grey limestone houses, built in the 18th and 19th century. This peaceful, green setting is well worth a stop...
- Laforêt, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Namur© Mark RossignolLaforêt
Laforêt, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of NamurNestled in a green setting along the Semois river, Laforêt kept its traditional atmosphere and rich cultural heritage. This charming village still had its drinking troughs, washhouses and even tobacco dryers.
- The Transardennaise: hiking from La Roche-en-Ardenne to Bouillon in 7 stages© Snapwire SnapsSainte-Ode
The Transardennaise: hiking from La Roche-en-Ardenne to Bouillon in 7 stagesThis 160 km itinerary going is the first long GTA hike going through the Ardenne Going from La-Roche-en-Ardenne to Bouillon, it is considered one of the most beautiful walks in Belgium.
- CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeÉrezée
CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeOnce quite abundant in the Ourthe, salmon had in 1935 entirely disappeared from our waterways. A passionate team is now working at reintroducing the species back into our rivers. Discover this fascinating odyssey in Erezée, just 10 km from RIVEO (Hotton)
- The Caves of Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège© Les Grottes de RemouchampsSougné-Remouchamps
The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of LiègeThe Grottes de Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège, have been open to the public since 182 and offer a boat ride on the Rubicon.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© Val de LesseLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in Chaudfontaine© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
ArtHouse: admire masterpieces by great artists of the 20th century in ChaudfontaineThis incredible museum features in its permanent collections work by the greatest artists of the last century: Magritte, Picasso, Matisse, Warhol, Folon are only a few of the master painters to admire there. This cultural space is family friendly and a wonderful place to introduce younger generations to modern art. Mak
- Red Crocodile Sails: sand yachting at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile RougeFroidchapelle
Red Crocodile Sails: sand yachting at the Eau d'Heure lakesSand yachting in Wallonia? A dream come true thanks to Red Crocodile Sails at the Eau d'Heure lakes.
- The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)© B.LorquetSpa
The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)Nestled at the heart of the forests near Spa, by the Fagne de Malchamps, this estate opens its spaces to the public: a panoramic tower, a tree planted park with a pond and picnic area. It is also home to the Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux and to the CRIE.
- The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)© Claire HalleuxSpa
The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)The Forest and Waters Museum, nestled in the Domaine de Bérinzenne in Spa, reveals the many secrets of the fauna and flora of the Fagnes.
- The Solvay Estate | La Hulpe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Hulpe
The Solvay Estate | La HulpeThe Solvay Estate in La Hulpe, listed as "Exceptional cultural site in Wallonia", features part of the Sonian Forest and the Château de La Hulpe.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayStrépy-Bracquegnies
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- Aqua Golf at the Eau d'Heure lakes: a unique activity in Europe© WBT - David SamynBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Aqua Golf at the Eau d'Heure lakes: a unique activity in EuropeCome and try Europe's largest Aqua Golf, in the outstanding setting of the Eau d'Heure Lakes, Belgium.
- The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in Couvin© Les Grottes de NeptuneCouvin
The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in CouvinLet the skills of nature as an artist amaze you once more... Sculpted by the 'Eau Noire' river 300 million years ago, the Neptune Caves, in Petigny, are one of Belgium's oldest underground cavities.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakes© WBT - David SamynBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakesCome and have fun at Natura Park, a tree top adventure set in a forest near the Eau d'Heure lakes. Fully set in nature, it will delight the whole family with its many activities.
- Wild Park Coo, a wildlife park in the Ardennes© LabouStavelot
Wild Park Coo, a wildlife park in the ArdennesVisit Wild Park Coo, a stunning wildlife park in the heart of the Ardenne, to discover which animals live in the Belgian forests.
- Dive in a magical world at Liège's Aquarium-Museum:© Aquarium Muséum Universitaire de LiègeLiège
Dive in a magical world at Liège's Aquarium-Museum:The Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- Château de Jehay | Amay© JP Rolin Province de LiegeAmay
Château de Jehay | AmayLocated in the province of Liège, the Château de Jehay offers a remarkable architecture, unique in Europe. This impressive historical building, surrounded by moats, seems to appear as if by magic as you walk past the forest.
- Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)The Grotte de Comblain, listed as an underground cavity of scientific interest, can be found in the Liège province, on the hills of the Comblain-au-Pont vil
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near Dinant© Parc de FurfoozFurfooz
A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near DinantThe Furfooz park, in the province of Namur, invites you to discover its archaeological, geological and natural heritage. This family-friendly stroll offers lovely views on the Lesse river.
- Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)© WBT – Dominik KetzHastière
Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)Freÿr sur Meuse, a Renaissance castle with stunning gardens, is part of Wallonia's protected architectural heritage.
- The Eau d'Heure lakes and the Plate Taille Visitor Centre© FT Province de NamurBoussu-lez-Walcourt
The Eau d'Heure lakes and the Plate Taille Visitor CentreEnjoy a guided tour of the biggest dam in Belgium and its skywalk, offering a unique 107 m high panorama.
- The Château de Beloeil estate, the Belgian Versailles© WBT - J.P. RemyBeloeil
The Château de Beloeil estate, the Belgian VersaillesBuilt in the 14th century, this massive turreted chateau is surrounded by a wide moat connected to a series of lakes and channels which wind through one of the largest and most ornate French-style gardens in Belgium.
- Visé Leisure Marina© J.M.RaesVisé
Visé Leisure MarinaVisé, a sweet little Mosane town in the province of Liège, is half way between La Cité Ardente (The Fiery City, Liège's nickname) and Maastricht.
- Ittre leisure marina (Walloon Brabant)© Yachting club de IttreIttre
Ittre leisure marina (Walloon Brabant)Interyacht, upstream from the Ittre lock on the Charleroi Bruxelles canal, welcomes visitors all year round in its marina.
- Erquelinnes yacht harbour© S.I. ErquelinnesErquelinnes
Erquelinnes yacht harbour
- The Waulsort marina© OTH - Christian MaesHastière
The Waulsort marinaA marina with a harbour's office, downstream of the Waulsort dam, along the Meuse river. Among the services on site are a restaurant, a desk offering touristic information, access to internet, showers, a laundry room, toilets, water and electricity.
- Hiking in the Hoëgne valley© WBT - Sandrine DelcourtJalhay11 km
Hiking in the Hoëgne valley
- The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - Eupen© WBT - PériplétiesEupen
The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - EupenLocated at the confluence of the Vesdre and the Getzbach in Eupen, this dam is the third reservoir of potable water in Belgium. On its side, the visitor centre offers a stunning view of the construction and nearby woodlands.
- Water and Forest themed trails by the Vesdre dam© David HagemannEupen
Water and Forest themed trails by the Vesdre damThe Vesdre dam, just a few kilometres from Eupen, is one of the largest in Wallonia. It stores no less than 25 million cubic metres of water. There are two family-friendly, didactic paths to learn more about the site.
- A walk along in the Ninglinspo valley© Pierre PauquayAywaille6.2 km
A walk along in the Ninglinspo valley
- The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume region© M.LaurentBaranzy
The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume regionThe Cussignière marshes stretch over a vast plain between the Batte river and the Cussigny stream in Lorraine.
- Hiking in Wallonia: along the enchanting Ninglinspo river© WBT Pierre PauquayAywaille14.6 km
Hiking in Wallonia: along the enchanting Ninglinspo river
- Hiking in Wallonia: ‘Napoleon's nose’, Reinhardstein Castle and Robertville Dam© WBT - S. WittenbolMalmedy5.3 km
Hiking in Wallonia: ‘Napoleon's nose’, Reinhardstein Castle and Robertville Dam
- The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streams© 2016 - circuits-sainte-julienne.be - Anne-ZinnenVisé
The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streamsThe Julienne estate stretches over 80 hectares by the stunning castle of Argenteau offers a wonderful day out with children or friends. This incredible green space includes woodlands, ponds and a leisure centre.
- The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university town© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university townThe lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, 7 hectares wide, was created in 1984 as a storm basin and fishing pond. A path invites visitors to walk around it.
- The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)© FTBWLimelette
The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)Take a stroll in these 5 hectares of woodland in Limette (near Ottignies/Louvain-la-Neuve in the Walloon Brabant). Perfect for a family day out!
- The interpretation centre of the former locks of Hastière© OTH - Christian MaesHastière
The interpretation centre of the former locks of HastièreThis open-air museum explains how the local, manually managed locks work and what being a lock keeper means. The site is free of access all year round.
- Hiking around the Lake of Nisramont© WBT - PériplétiesNisramont15 km
Hiking around the Lake of Nisramont
- Page 1