- Lake, water body or waterway
- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
- Sport and relaxation
The former ponds of the Stavelot Abbey are now a peaceful nature reserve and a real paradise for fishermen...
Sculpted by a meander of the Amblève, these basins are fed by many springs. First used by the monks, the ponds proved perfect fish tanks for the abbey. Later on, tanneries (now gone) set up shop on their banks.
- On both sides of the ponds, reed beds offer shelter to birds and small animals. The aquatic life is equally varied.
- The guided tour "Stavelot and water" includes this site
- Many animations are organised through the year: initiation to fishins, fishing fair...
Before getting on the road, do contact the closest tourist office to your destination. If you are going to the Hautes Fagnes, please remember the number of visitors is limited each day. The Hautes Fagnes Tourist Office will give you the latest details. The Luxembourg and East Cantons Tourist Office will give you the ski slopes opening times. For additional skiing and winter sports information in Belgium, you can contact the East Contons Tourist Office.
Access for PRM (autodeclared) - Training materials provided - Parking
Guide available/groups - FR - EN - German - NL - Guide available/individuals - NL - FR - DE - EN