- Water attraction
- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area
- Lake, water body or waterway
- Kayak, canoe or rafting
- Swimming & diving
- Adventure sports
- Watersports or sailing
- Cycling and Mountain Biking
The Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
Located between Charleroi, Philippeville and Beaumont, the Eau d'Heure lakes offer a wide range of activities and infrastructures that will delight athletes, families with children and nature lovers altogether.
The complex is divided in 3:
- The Aquacentre, both an aqua park and a wellness centre
- The Plate Taill lake and its water activities (sailing, kayaking, diving, jet skiing...)
- The Plate Taille visitors centre
- The Relais de Falemprise, a recreational space along the lakes
A selection of marked trails offer wonderful opportunities to walk, ride your (normal or mountain) bike. There are different levels (fit for beginners, families and exert hikers) to choose from.
Guided tour of the dam and the Eau d'Heure skywalk
An experience not to be missed! Visitors can travel down to the depths of the biggest dam in Belgium or up to the Skywalk, 107 m high, offering a stunning panorama from its glass protected viewing platform.
Fishing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- Fishing from the edge of the lake, from boat or float tubes
- Night fishing for carp
- Fishing limited to defined parts of th lake
"European Destinations of Excellence" (EDEN)
The Eau d'Heure lakes are proud to be an EDEN "European Destinations of Excellence". Indeed, this iconic touristic destination in Belgium, which straddles both the province of Namur and Hainaut, won the "Aquatic Tourism" category in 2010.
Tips for accommodation
Open all year. Opening times can be found on the official website.
Guided tours of the dam, Skywalk: information on www.lecrocodilerouge.be
Information on the walk
- Outdoor catering
- Indoor catering
- Free catering
- Bike hire
- Housing service
- Visitor guide for groups
- Horse riding
- Swimming pool
- Training materials on request
- Training materials provided
- Car parking
- Cycle rack