- Museum or Interpretation Centre
- Architectural heritage
- Industrial heritage
Take a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
The site is ideally located: 15 km from Mons and within easy reach of France (35 km from Valenciennes).
From the industrial revolution to innovation
The Grand-Hornu, built in a neoclassical style, included workshops, administrative offices and lodgings for administrators. Now a property of the province of Hainaut, the site makes the link between the memory of times past and 21st century by sheltering the CID (Innovation and Design Centre) and the MAC (Museum of contemporary art, opened in 2002).
The CID present 3 to 5 exhibitions a year: monographic or themed, putting forward Belgian and international artists. The site also organises tours and visits adapted to a wide range of audiences: schools, seniors, families and more.
- Leaflet with playful activities
- Family fun
- Walks combined with storytelling
- Creative workshop
Validity date: from 01-01-2021 au 31-12-2021
- Offer valid throughout 2021
- 5€ instead of 10€
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please contact the site first to know which process to follow to enjoy this promotion
Grand Hornu is one of the many sites certified by Access-i (meaning with facilities or/activities adapted to travellers with specific needs). Click here to see which facilities are available on site.
Cafe - Daylight - Shop - Training materials on request - Training materials provided - Car parking - Motor Home parking - Parking - Restaurant
Pets not allowed
Guide available/groups - German - EN - FR - IT - NL - Guide available/individuals - DE - EN - FR - IT - NL - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet