The age of beer exhibition is dedicated to this well-loved drink, so popular in Belgium. Divided in two complementary parts, the show will start at the Maison du Patrimoine médiéval mosan in Dinant and at the Archéoparc in Rochefort then will travel further in Wallonia.
- Enjoyed daily as a comfort drink, part of rituals and feasts, beer has been a success since Antiquity
- Breweries (monastic or not) appeared during the Middle Ages
- Brewing evolved in the 19th and 20th century, thanks to modern and scientific progress
- Microbreweries in the 21st century included environmental considerations
- Beer in Belgium has now been recognised as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
- In Dinant: interactive tools, documents, archaeological finds to learn about beer and its history
- In Rochefort: aromatic garden, microbrewery making cervoise (barley beer)
A travelling exhibition
From 01 January to 03 October 2021.