Please check the opening times, booking tips and recommendations with them (either via their website or by contacting them directly) before visiting. Remember to check the border and quarantine regulations before travelling.
Click here to see the list of attractions now reopened.
Tournai is holding its very first Triennale of contemporary art this summer - come along!
This event was created by INTERSECTIONS, with the aim of adding to Tournai's cultural and touristic palette of activities in summer.
For this, INTERSECTIONS is launching 3 triennales, the first taking place this summer:
- 2019: contemporary art Triennale
- 2010: design and textile Triennale
- 2021: architecture and public art Triennale
These themed events defined the cultural identity of the city.
The 2019 edition
Visitors can discover urban manifestations in 10 iconic locations:
- The Musée d’Histoire militaire
- The Natural History museum and vivarium
- The Musée du Folklore et des Imaginaires
- The Musée des Beaux-Arts
- TAMAT (tapestry, mural arts and fabrics)
- The Saint-Jacques church
- The tourist office
- The Halles aux draps (outside balcony)
- The belfry
- Dany Danino's sculpture
The Triennale pays tribute to two Belgian artists: Dany Danino and Daniel Locus, wh chose the theme, "The counterfeiter and the blind"