Type of event
Wondering what's on this week, week-end or on the dates you are planning your trip to Wallonia? This agenda lists fantastic events taking place in the South of Belgium and will prove a wonderful source of inspiration to discover the region further.
Exhibitions, markets, festivals, fairs, special events and guided tours... There is much to choose from. They will give you a chance to meet the locals and get to understand our traditions and our folklore better.
There is something for everyone, children and adults, for every mood, relaxed or active, for every schedule, day, evening or full weekend.
- © FT Province de NamurThe first Sunday of the month (February to June)TreignesVisit
The Ecole d'Autrefois: the school of yesteryear in TreignesHear this? That's the school bell... Quick, get in line, 2 by 2! Your experience at the Ecole d' Autrefois is about to begin. Listen carefully, respect and discipline matter here. No chatting or ou may find yourself in a corner with a dunce cap... Not to wory, though: there will be plenty of fun to be had.
- © Olivier GauthierFrom 19 December 2020 to 02 January 2021BouillonVisit
A torch lit tour of Bouillon CastleA visit with a twist in Wallonia! During the school holidays, a guide dressed in medieval clothes will take you on a fascinating torch-lit tour of the castle.
- © Maison du Tourisme Condroz-FamenneApril 2021CineyVisit
Be our guests: a fantastic day to explore the Vallée des SaveursMany touristic locations (museums, attractions, quirky lodgings, producers, farms...) of the Condroz-Famenne region will welcome you for this cheerful event.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyMay 2021Annevoie-rouillonFolklore and Tradition
Venetian costumes in the Annevoie gardensThe sumptuous gardens will feature a superb selection of Venetian costumes.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyOctober 2021Around WalloniaVisit
The Parks and Gardens weekend | Throughout WalloniaDiscover Wallonia's many green spaces during this exceptional weekend.
- © WBT - Anibal TrejoOctober 2021MonsExhibition
Museums at night | 10 iconic locations in MonsMuseums and cultural spaces in Mons will participate to the much looked forward Museums at night event, celebrating freedom as its main theme this year.
- © PixabayFebruary 2021Vierves-sur-viroinFolklore and Tradition
Viroin Valley carnivalsThe Viroin Valley carnivals are recognised as intangible heritage of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- © WBT - J.P.RemyMay 2021Saint-hubertVisit
A delicious evening at the Fourneau Saint-MichelNature lovers and foodies will love this delicious walk through the Ardenne forest at dusk: a fantastic way to explore the estate of the Fourneau Saint Michel and taste terroir products.
- © WBT - J.L. FlémalJune 2021Around WalloniaVisit
Belgian churches' annual open daysChurches in Belgium will hold their traditional open days for the 12th year in a row.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyJune 2021MélinDemonstration
A stroll through Mélin's gardensExplore the gardens in Melin, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia.
- © CCEJune 2021EnghienExhibition
Enghien art trailSpend a weekend exploring the creative side of Enghien. Over 60 artists will open their workshop to the public or share their passion in the town's cultural buildings.
- © WBT - Alex KouprianoffJune 2021GerpinnesFolklore and Tradition
The Sainte-Rolende folkloric procession in GerpinnesGerpinnes invites you to join its folkloric procession, a tribute to Sainte-Rolende. This tradition has been declared Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO
- © Visitmons - Gregory MathelotJune 2021MonsFolklore and Tradition
Doudou: Car d'Or procession, Lumeçon battle and Sainte-Waudru DucasseThe Procession of the Car d'Or is 658 years old and has been recognised as a masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
- © Rotary club CineyJune 2021CineyVisit
The Bovélo des Saveurs - cycling and tasting terroir products in HavelangeA cycling tour sure to delight everyone: RAVel, long descents and short bumps, picturesque visits... The event will start from the covered market in Ciney, June 3, 2018.
- © WBT - Alessandra PetrosinoJuly 2021DinantFestival
Mister Sax's musical Sundays (Dinant)Every summer, the Sundays of July and August, saxophone players settle in the streets of Dinant, delighting passers-by and music lovers. A tribute to Mr Sax, born in this city: he invented this faboulous instrument.
- © WBT - J.P.RemyJuly 2021Saint-hubertFolklore and Tradition
Djins d'Amon nos Ôtes at the Fourneau Saint-MichelDjins d'Amon nos Ôtes, set every summer at the Fourneau Saint-Michel, is a wonderful opportunity to learn about countryside life in 19th century Wallonia.
- © FTPL - P. FagnoulAugust 2021LiègeFolklore and Tradition
15th of August celebrations in OutremeuseOutremeuse is one of the liveliest and most vibrant places to celebrate August 15th traditions in the Liège region. An absolute must-see.
- © Axelle MarneffeAugust 2021CineyVisit
La Savoureuse, Ciney's vintage bike rideLa Savoureuse offers a choice of 3 gourmet trails in Ciney: a wonderful way to explore Wallonia! Everyonés welcome: sports lovers, foodies, vintage fashion fans, vintage bike enthusiasts, families...
- © Office du Tourisme d'ArlonAugust 2021ArlonDemonstration
Veni Vidi Orolaunum | A Gallo Roman feast in ArlonReady to travel back in time? Then join this fantastic festival in Arlon to learn more about the Gallo Roman era.
- © WBT - J.P.RemySeptember 2021ThuinExhibition
Fluide: a contemporary art trail in ThuinContemporary artists have been invited to create a fascinating creative art trail, Fluide, in Thuin. A dream for any culture lover!
- © WBT - JP RemySeptember 2021NamurFolklore and Tradition
‘Les Fetes de Wallonie’: celebrations in NamurThese festivities, launched 1923, celebrate the Walloon patriotism and spirit, thus commemorating September 1830 revolutionary days.
- © Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeptember 2021Around WalloniaVisit
Cultural Heritage Days in WalloniaWallonia's Cultural Heritage Days are the perfect opportunity to discover places usually closed to the public.
- © WBT - Anibal TrejoSeptember 2021TournaiFolklore and Tradition
The procession of Our Lady of the InfirmThe Grand Historical Procession of Tournai marks the end of Wallonia’s colourful festival season. The grandeur of event (not to mention the pomp of the costumes) gives it a fitting send-off...
- © O.T. Liège - Marc VerpoortenOctober 2021LiègeDemonstration
Liège: the Nocturne des CoteauxTake a stroll in Liège on the first Saturday of October : the city is beautifully illuminated with candles for the Nocturne des Côteaux. A magical event turning the city into a fairytale scene...
- © Entraide et Solidarité - Ninn AllemanOctober 2021Boussu-lez-walcourtVisit
Solidarity Bike 2019 | A cycling tour of the Eau d' Heure lakesEntraide et Fraternité invite you to join their 180 km bike ride through the stunning region of the Eau d'Heure lakes. The event will support Filipino fishing communities trying to plant mangrove trees. It's all about solidarity!
- © Daniel PierotOctober 2021FronvilleVisit
The Château de Deulin's Antique and Art fairRenowned antique dealers will present their most remarkable finds throughout the castle. In Fronville, in October 2019.
- © copyright WBTMarch 2022MonsFolklore and Tradition
Messine's 400th ducasse in MonsFolklore and traditions will be key to Messine's 398th ducasse in March 2018.