Type of event
Wondering what's on this week, week-end or on the dates you are planning your trip to Wallonia? This agenda lists fantastic events taking place in the South of Belgium and will prove a wonderful source of inspiration to discover the region further.
Exhibitions, markets, festivals, fairs, special events and guided tours... There is much to choose from. They will give you a chance to meet the locals and get to understand our traditions and our folklore better.
There is something for everyone, children and adults, for every mood, relaxed or active, for every schedule, day, evening or full weekend.
- Page 1
- © WBT - Olivier LegardienFrom 01 April to 30 November 2020LessinesExhibition
Medicine in medieval times | An exhibition at the Notre-Dame à la Rose hospital (Lessines)This fantastic exhibition at the Notre-Dame à la Rose hospital will present healing in medieval times, from medicine making to surgery.
- © Musée de la Ville d'Eaux-Villa RoyaleFrom 20 June to 08 November 2020SpaExhibition
Destination Spa: an exhibition at the Musée de la Ville d'EauxDestination Spa ! , the latest exhibition designed by the Musée de la Ville d'Eaux in Spa, retraces the story of thermal stays in the town during the Golden Age.
- © MundaneumFrom 01 July 2020 to 03 January 2021MonsExhibition
Belgium in all its states | An exhibition at the Mundaneum in Mons"Belgium in all its states" is an exhibition featuring iconographic documents that portray our flat country and its tumultuous history. At the Mundanum in Mons.
- © SAICOMFrom 05 September to 04 December 2020La LouvièreExhibition
Made in Belgium - Belgian manufacturers in Egypt | Bois-du-Luc mining siteThe Musée de la Mine et du Développement Durable, located in the Bois-du-Luc mining site (La Louvière) presents a fascinating exhibition: Made in Belgium, focusing on Belgian manufacturers in Egypt (1830 - 1952).
- © FT Province de NamurNovember 2020TreignesVisit
The Ecole d'Autrefois: the school of yesteryear in TreignesHear this? That's the school bell... Quick, get in line, 2 by 2! Your experience at the Ecole d' Autrefois is about to begin. Listen carefully, respect and discipline matter here. No chatting or ou may find yourself in a corner with a dunce cap... Not to wory, though: there will be plenty of fun to be had.
- © Olivier GauthierFrom 19 December 2020 to 02 January 2021BouillonVisit
A torch lit tour of Bouillon CastleA visit with a twist in Wallonia! During the school holidays, a guide dressed in medieval clothes will take you on a fascinating torch-lit tour of the castle.
- © Maison du Tourisme Condroz-FamenneApril 2021CineyVisit
Be our guests: a fantastic day to explore the Vallée des SaveursMany touristic locations (museums, attractions, quirky lodgings, producers, farms...) of the Condroz-Famenne region will welcome you for this cheerful event.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyMay 2021Annevoie-rouillonFolklore and Tradition
Venetian costumes in the Annevoie gardensThe sumptuous gardens will feature a superb selection of Venetian costumes.
- © WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteJuly 2021Strépy-bracquegniesCruise
A weekend along the water | Canal du Centre, La LouvièreThe Canal du Centre invites you to enjoy a weekend along the water with new, surprising cruises. This enchanting event, in the Unesco listed site of La Louvière, is perfect to celebrate summertime!
- © Bernard CarbonneauxJuly 2021MariembourgVisit
A steam train adventure all the way to TreignesAll on board! Jump on a vintage steam train and journey through the Viroins valley and through time... This adventure starts in Marienbourg and takes you to Treignes and its many museums.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyOctober 2021Around WalloniaVisit
The Parks and Gardens weekend | Throughout WalloniaDiscover Wallonia's many green spaces during this exceptional weekend.
- © WBT - Anibal TrejoOctober 2021MonsExhibition
Museums at night | 10 iconic locations in MonsMuseums and cultural spaces in Mons will participate to the much looked forward Museums at night event, celebrating freedom as its main theme this year.
- © WBT - J.L. FlémalNovember 2021NamurVisit
A torch-lit walk in the citadel of NamurThis torch-lit walk is the perfect opportunity to (re)discover the citadel of Namur...
- © JP BougnetFebruary 2022Ottignies-louvain-la-neuveExhibition
Formes du salut | Musée LThis new exhibition at Musée L will show you the Institut Royal du patrimoine artistique (IRPA)'s work: conservation and restoration of paintings and artefacts.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyFrom 03 June 2019 to 03 June 2022LiègeExhibition
An architecural exhibition at the Grand CurtiusBetween 1860 and 1960, before architecture entered a technical era caring very little for details, much care was brought to the decorative value of façades. This exhibition features 300 photos detailed the variety of shapes and materials used to sublime buildings in Liège.
- © O.T. Liège - Marc VerpoortenFrom 02 July to 31 October 2020LiègeVisit
Guided tours of the town centre of LiègeThese amazing tours, organised by the Tourist Office, will reveal unexpected stories and sight in Liège:
- © Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)From 27 September 2020 to 02 May 2021AthExhibition
Old rocks and noble stone: a two-fold exhibition at the Gallo Roman cultural space (Ath) and at the Stone Museum (Maffle)Vieux caillous et noble pierre (Old rocks and noble stone) is a two-fold exhibition at the Gallo Roman cultural space in Ath and at the Stone Museum in Maffle. There you can learn about the rocks and stones part of Wallonia's history: from exquisite mosaic to walls, building techniques to jewellery.
- © Jo StruyvenFrom 02 October to 06 December 2020CharleroiExhibition
enFER. | A photo exhibition at the Bois du Cazier mining siteThe enFER (a play on words on enfer, meaning hell and en fer, made of iron) exhibition, at the Bois du Cazier site in Marcinelle, presents photographer Jo Struyven's work.
- © Steffen Ademmer. Diorama NeutralFrom 17 October 2020 to 10 January 2021La CalamineExhibition
Steffen Ademmer. Diorama Neutre | An exhibition at the Musée Vieille Montage in La CalamineDiorama Neutre is German artist Steffen Ademmer's latest exhibition at the Musée Vieille Montage de La Calamine. Through this, he counts the extraordinary story of a microstate, Moresnet-Neutre, which existed from 1816 to 1819.
- © Joseph TordoirNovember 2020JodoigneFolklore and Tradition
The Chouans' march between Incourt and JodoigneCostumed interpreters and draft horses will retrace a famous 18th march in Jodoigne - everyone is welcome to join.
- © PixabayFebruary 2021Vierves-sur-viroinFolklore and Tradition
Viroin Valley carnivalsThe Viroin Valley carnivals are recognised as intangible heritage of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- © WBT/Alex KouprianoffMarch 2021MonsFolklore and Tradition
Messine's 400th ducasse in MonsFolklore and traditions will be key to Messine's 398th ducasse in March 2018.
- © Ville de BincheApril 2021BincheMarket
Binche medieval fairTravel back to medieval times in Binche: an incredibly realistic camp will be set up in the communal park of the city.
- © FolkNamApril 2021NamurFolklore and Tradition
FOLKNAM: a day celebrating Namur's folkloric traditionsDiscDiscover how rich and diverse Namur's colourful traditional folkloric heritage is. The town's folklore guilds joined by prestigious guests, will take over the streets of Namur for the occasion. The programover the richness and diversity of a colourful traditional folkloric heritage: Namur's.
- © WBT - J.P.RemyMay 2021Saint-hubertVisit
A delicious evening at the Fourneau Saint-MichelNature lovers and foodies will love this delicious walk through the Ardenne forest at dusk: a fantastic way to explore the estate of the Fourneau Saint Michel and taste terroir products.
- © WBT - Alex KouprianoffMay 2021LignyShow
Les Napoléoniennes | Commemorations and historical re-enactments in LignyTravel back in time, all the way back to Napoleonic times, and discover the reconstitution of the Emperor's final victory, 2 days before Waterloo: the battle of Ligny.
- © WBT - J.L. FlémalJune 2021Around WalloniaVisit
Belgian churches' annual open daysChurches in Belgium will hold their traditional open days for the 12th year in a row.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyJune 2021MélinDemonstration
A stroll through Mélin's gardensExplore the gardens in Melin, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia.
- © CCEJune 2021EnghienExhibition
Enghien art trailSpend a weekend exploring the creative side of Enghien. Over 60 artists will open their workshop to the public or share their passion in the town's cultural buildings.
- © WBT - Alex KouprianoffJune 2021GerpinnesFolklore and Tradition
The Sainte-Rolende folkloric procession in GerpinnesGerpinnes invites you to join its folkloric procession, a tribute to Sainte-Rolende. This tradition has been declared Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO
- Page 1