Wondering what's on this week, week-end or on the dates you are planning your trip to Wallonia? This agenda lists fantastic events taking place in the South of Belgium and will prove a wonderful source of inspiration to discover the region further.
Exhibitions, markets, festivals, fairs, special events and guided tours... There is much to choose from. They will give you a chance to meet the locals and get to understand our traditions and our folklore better.
There is something for everyone, children and adults, for every mood, relaxed or active, for every schedule, day, evening or full weekend.
- © ADAGP - Paris SABAMFrom 02 June 2020 to 24 January 2021La LouvièreExhibition
An exhibition of Jean Dubuffet's work | Centre de la Gravure à La LouvièreThis unconventional French artist is known as the inventor of Folk Art. Tis exhibition presents 324 lithographs and the research and sketches leading to the final art works.
- © MundaneumFrom 01 July 2020 to 24 April 2021MonsExhibition
Belgium in all its states | An exhibition at the Mundaneum in Mons"Belgium in all its states" is an exhibition featuring iconographic documents that portray our flat country and its tumultuous history. At the Mundanum in Mons.
- © KeramisFrom 12 September 2020 to 07 March 2021La LouvièreExhibition
A stroll in the Ceramics Garden | KeramisThe new trail designed by Keramis, gently named "A stroll in the Ceramics Garden" highlights nature details in its collection of BOCH china. The building, before being a cultural site, used to manufacture these gems...
- © Ville de CharleroiFrom 19 September 2020 to 18 April 2021CharleroiExhibition
Giampaolo Amoruso, Umanita poetica | An exhibition at the Glass MuseumDon't miss the Giampaolo Amoruso, Umanita poetica exhibition at the Glass Museum (Bois du Cazier, Marcinelle) ...
- © Jiès CléodoreFrom 18 October 2020 to 07 March 2021HornuExhibition
Plant Fever | An exhibition at the CIDA robot explaining plant's wishes, a chair growing just like a tree would.... Plant Fever presents the future of design from a green point of view, pushing the discussion in a constructive way: plants can be our allies in fighting both environmental and social issues.
- © Guy FocantFrom 23 October 2020 to 26 January 2021Villers-la-villeExhibition
Trappist monks | An exhibition at Villers-la-Ville abbeyAlways wanted to know more about the life of Trappist monks? Photographer Guy Focant has been working with the Notre-Dame Saint-Remy Cistercian order for the last 3 years, observing and capturing their routine.
- © Marc AssayagFrom 01 December 2020 to 07 March 2021BincheExhibition
ABELAM | An exhibition at the Musée du Masque et du Carnaval (Binche)With its new exhibition "ABELAM, looking towards the stars", the Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque (Binche) offers an exceptional visual experience inspired by masked ceremonies in Oceania.
- © Yves AuquierFrom 01 December 2020 to 31 January 2021CharleroiExhibition
Yves Auquier - A fleeting moment | Musée de la Photographie à CharleroiDiscover photographer Yves Auqier, who specialises in personal, fast passing moments through his latest exhibition at the Musée de la Photographie (Charleroi). Named L'instant qui fuit (a fleeting moment), his work can be described as intimate realism.
- © Peter MitchellFrom 01 December 2020 to 31 January 2021CharleroiExhibition
Peter Mitchell - A new refutation of the Viking 4 space mission | Musée de la PhotographiePeter Mitchell's latest exhibition (A new refutation of the Viking 4 space mission) at the Musée de la Photographie (Charleroi) is sure to prove quite fascinating...
- © Michaël DansFrom 01 December 2020 to 31 January 2021CharleroiExhibition
Michaël Dans exhibition | Charleroi Photography MuseumCharleroi Photography Museum presents When the water clouded over, still lifes taken by Michaël Dans. These superb floral scenes are adorned with vases, fabric, wallpaper the artist found in flea markets. Some might find them kitsch, other innovating. There are 45 compositions, incredibly detailed to discover.
- © Estate of Roy Lichtenstein / SABAM 2020From 05 December 2020 to 18 April 2021MonsExhibition
Roy Lichtenstein - eclectic visions | A pop art exhibition at the BAM in MonsThis exhibition - Roy Lichtenstein, eclectic visions - retraces the work of this American pop art genius. See it at the BAM in Mons.
- © Domaine de SeneffeMay 2021SeneffeExhibition
Les Voyageurs | An exhibition in the park of the Château de SeneffeBelgian visual artist Tinka Pittoors has been working on this concept for 2 years: an open-air exhibition in the Seneffe estate park. Finding inspiration in mythology, legends and folkloric tales, she loves to remind us of men's role in nature and the world in general.
- © WBT - Maxime WeemansJune 2021MonsExhibition
Art in town | Mons
- © WBT - Anibal TrejoOctober 2021MonsExhibition
Museums at night | 10 iconic locations in MonsMuseums and cultural spaces in Mons will participate to the much looked forward Museums at night event, celebrating freedom as its main theme this year.
- © JP BougnetFebruary 2022Ottignies-louvain-la-neuveExhibition
Formes du salut | Musée LThis new exhibition at Musée L will show you the Institut Royal du patrimoine artistique (IRPA)'s work: conservation and restoration of paintings and artefacts.
- © WBT - Denis ErroyauxFrom 12 September 2020 to 18 April 2021NamurExhibition
Adjugé - An exhibition at the Félicien Rops MuseumThis exhibition at the Félicien Rops Museum gives an incredible insight into the art world between 1850 and 1900. Visitors will discover which strategies used to live from their passion, the locations and patrons they depended on as well as a fantastic selection of art works.
- © Bridgeman/Belgaimage/ The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc. / Licensed by SABAM/ ARS, Belgium 2020From 02 October 2020 to 28 February 2021LiègeExhibition
Warhol - The American Dream Factory | La BoverieLa Boverie pays tribute to Andy Warhol and his famous workshop, the Factory though a fantastic exhibition: retracing 40 years of genius.
- © VanCleefArpelsSAFrom 24 October 2020 to 31 January 2021NamurExhibition
Vert désir | An exhibition on green stones at the TreM.a (Namur)Green, colour of hope. Was it always the case? This new exhibition at the TreM.a, Musée des Arts anciens de Namur, will reveal it all.
- © Fondation Giacometti (c) Succession Alberto GiacomettiFrom 01 December 2020 to 14 February 2021LiègeExhibition
L'Humanité absolue: a Giacometti exhibition at the Cité Miroir in LiègeAlberto Giacometti - Absolute Humanity, at th Cité Miroir in Liège, is the first monographic exhibition of this size presenting this artist's work in Belgium.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyFrom 07 December 2020 to 21 February 2021LiègeExhibition
Warhol by Typex: an exhibition at the Grand Curtius in LiègeThe Grand Curtius de Liège is hosting the Warhol by Typex exhibition, which retraces the life and work of the American artist. Together with #link[node|41258|Warhol. An American Dream Factory] at the Musée de la Boverie, it offers a more intimate insight into pop culture and the genius' inspiration.
- © Commune de AnsFrom 15 December 2020 to 25 April 2021AnsExhibition
Joan Miró's work at Waroux CastleThe stunning Waroux Castle, listed as exceptional cultural heritage of Wallonia, has in the past presented fascinating exhibitions showcasing Jean-Michel Folon, Auguste Rodin, Henri Matisse, Pop Art, Rembrandt... This time, visitors are invited to (re)discover the work of famous surrealist artist Joan Miró.
- © Les Drapiers - LiègeFrom 09 January to 20 February 2021LiègeExhibition
A Jean Pierre Müller exhibition in Liège
- © ArtHouseFrom 15 January to 14 February 2021ChaudfontaineExhibition
3 street artists from Liège on show at ArtHouse | ChaudfontaineThree street artists from Liège will see their work on show at ArtHouse (Chaudfontaine), along masterpieces by Banksy, Warhol and Keith Haring: a superb tribute to urban art to start the year.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyMarch 2021NamurFestival
Chambres avec Vues | An artistic trail in NamurJoin the new edition of Chambres avec Vues (Bedrooms with view) in the capital of Wallonia.
- © FTLB - P. WillemsMay 2021AndenneExhibition
Andenne's Ceramics TriennalA fantastic selection of international artists will be presenting their latest creations, bringing together technical skills, trends, visual and symbolic designs. In Andenne in June 2021.
- © Tourisme SillyMay 2021Around WalloniaExhibition
The European night of museumsCreated in 2005, the European night of museum sees Namur and Tournai joining in. Entry to the participating site is free for the occasion and there is something for everyone. The cultural sites come up with creative ways for the public to see their collection in a different light and remember museums can be fun.
- © WBT - Olivier LegardienJune 2021Around WalloniaFestival
The Paroles d'Hommes Festival | Throughout WalloniaThe Paroles d'Hommes festival highlights the values of democracy and human rights. This amazing event will take place throughout Wallonia.
- © CCEJune 2021EnghienExhibition
Enghien art trailSpend a weekend exploring the creative side of Enghien. Over 60 artists will open their workshop to the public or share their passion in the town's cultural buildings.
- © Sentiers d'ArtJune 2021SchaltinExhibition
La fête des Sentiers d'Art | Condroz-FamenneThese celebrations are the perfect opportunity to see art installations set in nature... The next event will take place in 2021.
- © Statues en MarcheFrom 17 to 18 July 2021Marche-en-famenneShow
Statues en Marche: a gathering of living statues in Marche-en-FamenneMarche-en-Famenne host every year the most fascinating event: the largest gathering of living statues in Europe.
- © Michael Dans - Art PublicJuly 2021LiègeExhibition
Art public in Liège | Fourth editionArt Public, celebrating its fourth edition this year, has chosen Liège for its incredible festival, placing temporary art works through cities. 18 artists have been handpicked and invited to create an urban space friendly art piece.
- © A. DechampsAugust 2021SprimontExhibition
A sculpture competition in SprimontThe Musée de la Pierre, in partnership with the local quarries, hosts a yearly International Meeting of Sculpture in Sprimont (RISS). A large selection of artists will be given a small block of granite (0.5 m3) each to work on.
- © WBT - J.L. FlémalAugust 2021NamurFolklore and Tradition
A festival dedicate to folklore from all around the world | Jambes-NamurLearn about other cultures at the Festival mondial du folklore in Jambes Namur, celebrating its 59th edition this year. Expect music, singing and dancing galore!
- © Office du Tourisme d’EnghienSeptember 2021EnghienExhibition
Miroirs | A contemporary art biennial at the Parc d’EnghienThe Parc d'Enghien will host Miroir, a contemporary art biennial. Quite a dream event as it brings together the site's classical monuments and modern pieces created for the occasion.
- © Centre culturel de NassogneSeptember 2021NassogneExhibition
Parcours d'artistes: an art trail in Nassogne
- © A. PetitSeptember 2021NamurDemonstration
A nature photography festival in NamurThe historical quarter of #link[taxonomy_term|3114|Namur] will welcome a fascinating nature photography festival: a fantastic opportunity to dream about the most enchanting places in the world.
- © O.T. Liège - Marc VerpoortenOctober 2021LiègeFestival
RECIPROCITY - Liège's international design triennalLiège's international Triennale, dedicated to Walloon design, will feature more than 15 quality exhibitions and events.
- © biennale de la sculpture à LasneOctober 2021OhainExhibition
Lasne sculpture biennialLasne sculpture biennial is the opportunity to discover a wide range of artists - local, Belgian, European, well or lesser known.
- © Jan D'HondtOctober 2021TournaiFestival
L'Art dans la ville |Tournai contemporary art festivalEvery Autumn, Tournai hosts Art dans la ville, a festival of contemporary art putting forward inspiring artists.
- © Les Chevaliers d'EminesJanuary 2022EminesFolklore and Tradition
The Dragon Carnival | Festivities in EminesJoin the Knights of Emines and share the town's love for the Dragon carnival.