Wondering what's on this week, week-end or on the dates you are planning your trip to Wallonia? This agenda lists fantastic events taking place in the South of Belgium and will prove a wonderful source of inspiration to discover the region further.
Exhibitions, markets, festivals, fairs, special events and guided tours... There is much to choose from. They will give you a chance to meet the locals and get to understand our traditions and our folklore better.
There is something for everyone, children and adults, for every mood, relaxed or active, for every schedule, day, evening or full weekend.
- © Yves AuquierFrom 01 December 2020 to 31 January 2021CharleroiExhibition
Yves Auquier - A fleeting moment | Musée de la Photographie à CharleroiDiscover photographer Yves Auqier, who specialises in personal, fast passing moments through his latest exhibition at the Musée de la Photographie (Charleroi). Named L'instant qui fuit (a fleeting moment), his work can be described as intimate realism.
- © Michaël DansFrom 01 December 2020 to 31 January 2021CharleroiExhibition
Michaël Dans exhibition | Charleroi Photography MuseumCharleroi Photography Museum presents When the water clouded over, still lifes taken by Michaël Dans. These superb floral scenes are adorned with vases, fabric, wallpaper the artist found in flea markets. Some might find them kitsch, other innovating. There are 45 compositions, incredibly detailed to discover.
- © Sylvie PICHRIST(c)BPS22From 01 December 2020 to 24 January 2021CharleroiExhibition
Ludd's anger: an exhibition at the BPS22 in CharleroiLudd's anger is an exhibition gathering 40 artists. Their creations, recently acquired by the Province of Hainaut, will be on show at the BSP22 in Charleroi.
- © Domaine de SeneffeMay 2021SeneffeExhibition
Les Voyageurs | An exhibition in the park of the Château de SeneffeBelgian visual artist Tinka Pittoors has been working on this concept for 2 years: an open-air exhibition in the Seneffe estate park. Finding inspiration in mythology, legends and folkloric tales, she loves to remind us of men's role in nature and the world in general.
- © WBT - Maxime WeemansJune 2021MonsExhibition
Art in town | Mons
- © WBT - Anibal TrejoOctober 2021MonsExhibition
Museums at night | 10 iconic locations in MonsMuseums and cultural spaces in Mons will participate to the much looked forward Museums at night event, celebrating freedom as its main theme this year.
- © Claudy RaskinFrom 12 October 2019 to 18 April 2021BastogneExhibition
Jean-Claude Servais' universe | BastogneJean-Claude Servais, an iconic Walloon artist passionate about the Ardenne and Lorraine regions, signed a number of quite successful comic books in the 80ies. La Tchalette, Tendre Violette, Isabelle… weave a touch of magic into his stories. This exhibition is a fantastic opportunity to dive into his universe.
- © MAMCD 2020From 19 September 2020 to 28 March 2021DurbuyExhibition
The Zodiac by Marcel Lucas | An exhibition at the Musée d'Art moderne in DurbuyThe Zodiac is a new exhibition at the Musée d'Art moderne in Durbuy, dedicated to Marcel Lucas.
- © MAMCD 2020From 20 September 2020 to 28 March 2021DurbuyExhibition
Calonne, Mireio, Jan Bucquoy | An exhibition at the Modern Art Museum in DurbuyThis new exhibition, at the Modern Art Museum in Durbuy, present the work of 3 Belgian artists: Calonne, Mireio and Jan Bucquoy.
- © Bridgeman/Belgaimage/ The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, Inc. / Licensed by SABAM/ ARS, Belgium 2020From 02 October 2020 to 28 February 2021LiègeExhibition
Warhol - The American Dream Factory | La BoverieLa Boverie pays tribute to Andy Warhol and his famous workshop, the Factory though a fantastic exhibition: retracing 40 years of genius.
- © Steffen Ademmer. Diorama NeutralFrom 17 October 2020 to 19 May 2021La CalamineExhibition
Steffen Ademmer. Diorama Neutre | An exhibition at the Musée Vieille Montage in La CalamineDiorama Neutre is German artist Steffen Ademmer's latest exhibition at the Musée Vieille Montage de La Calamine. Through this, he counts the extraordinary story of a microstate, Moresnet-Neutre, which existed from 1816 to 1819.
- © Thierry RenauldFrom 24 October 2020 to 21 February 2021Villers-la-villeExhibition
Folon Sculptures | Villers-la-Ville AbbeyThe Folon Sculptures exhibition at Villers la Ville Abbey marks the #link[node|8969|Fondation Folon]'s 20th anniversary: for the occasion, 20 artworks from the world famous Belgian Artist will be on show in this incredible setting.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyFrom 07 December 2020 to 21 February 2021LiègeExhibition
Warhol by Typex: an exhibition at the Grand Curtius in LiègeThe Grand Curtius de Liège is hosting the Warhol by Typex exhibition, which retraces the life and work of the American artist. Together with #link[node|41258|Warhol. An American Dream Factory] at the Musée de la Boverie, it offers a more intimate insight into pop culture and the genius' inspiration.
- © WBT - Denis ClosonFrom 11 December 2020 to 01 February 2021NamurExhibition
Namur en lumière: a magical light art trailThis 2.5 km light trail brings together poetic creations, technology and magic and will add a gorgeous glow to Namur until February 1, 2021.
- © Musée HergéFrom 22 December 2020 to 04 April 2021Ottignies-louvain-la-neuveExhibition
In America with Tintin | An exhibition at the Hergé MuseumThe Hergé Museum in Louvain-la-Neuve now features a new temporary exhibition "In America with Tintin".
- © Les Drapiers - LiègeFrom 09 January to 20 February 2021LiègeExhibition
A Jean Pierre Müller exhibition in Liège
- © ArtHouseFrom 15 January to 14 February 2021ChaudfontaineExhibition
3 street artists from Liège on show at ArtHouse | ChaudfontaineThree street artists from Liège will see their work on show at ArtHouse (Chaudfontaine), along masterpieces by Banksy, Warhol and Keith Haring: a superb tribute to urban art to start the year.
- © FTLB - P. WillemsFrom 22 January to 14 February 2021Jemeppe-sur-sambreExhibition
Benoît Roels's exhibition at Galerie Aarnor (near Namur)This exhibition, at Galerie Aarnor (near Namur), is dedicated to Benoît Roels, novel writer and comic book author.
- © David BormansFrom 06 February to 19 December 2021MonsExhibition
Mons International Political Posters TriennaleThis event, which takes place every three years, plays tribute to international designers' iconic political posters.
- © Joel-Peter WitkinFrom 06 February to 16 May 2021CharleroiExhibition
A Joel-Peter Witkin exhibition in CharleroiCharleroi Photography Museum will dedicate an exhibition to American artist Joel-Peter Witkin. Named Le Grand Atelier (The large Workshop), it will prove intriguing and thought provoking.
- © Debi CornwallFrom 06 February to 16 May 2021CharleroiExhibition
Welcome to Camp America | A Debi Cornwall exhibition in CharleroiThe Welcome to camp America exhibition at the Photography Museum in Charleroi, will offer a different take on Guantanamo. American photographer Debi Cornwall was authorised to take a series of photographs there. She visited the site, nicknamed Gitmo by those jailed there, between March 2014 and January 2015.
- © WBT - J.P. RemyMarch 2021NamurFestival
Chambres avec Vues | An artistic trail in NamurJoin the new edition of Chambres avec Vues (Bedrooms with view) in the capital of Wallonia.
- © FTLB - P. WillemsApril 2021LiègeExhibition
Mobil' Art - Liège's contemporary art biennialThis contemporary art biennial, supporting people with multiple sclerosis, will take place at the Espace Prémontrés, Liège.
- © Benoit CoenenJune 2021ChaudfontaineExhibition
Le Festival des cinq saisons: an introduction to art in natureA harmonious union between culture and nature, this cheerful festival invites artists, landscapers and botanists to turn the Parc de Hauster into an experimental creative space.
- © WBT - J. JeanmartJune 2021TournaiExhibition
Tournai Contemporary Art TriennaleTournai is holding its very first Triennale of contemporary art this summer - come along! The project This event was created by INTERSECTIONS, with the aim of adding to Tournai's cultural and touristic palette of activities in summer. A trilogy For this, INTERSECTIONS is launching 3 triennales, the first taking place
- © Ann GeirnaerdtJune 2021JodoigneExhibition
The enchanted garden - Art Sanctuary | JodoigneThis enchanted garden in fact an exhibition of contemporary art, pays a tribute to nature...
- © Musée du Carnaval et du MasqueJune 2021La LouvièreExhibition
The Biennale ARTourThe ARTour biennale, dedicated to contemporary art and cultural heritage, organises a fantastic range of exhibitions in iconic museums and buildings in the Hainaut region. A fantastic opportunity to discover or rediscover famous artists and rising stars alike!
- © Michael Dans - Art PublicJuly 2021LiègeExhibition
Art public in Liège | Fourth editionArt Public, celebrating its fourth edition this year, has chosen Liège for its incredible festival, placing temporary art works through cities. 18 artists have been handpicked and invited to create an urban space friendly art piece.
- © Office du Tourisme d’EnghienSeptember 2021EnghienExhibition
Miroirs | A contemporary art biennial at the Parc d’EnghienThe Parc d'Enghien will host Miroir, a contemporary art biennial. Quite a dream event as it brings together the site's classical monuments and modern pieces created for the occasion.
- © WBT - J.P.RemySeptember 2021ThuinExhibition
Fluide: a contemporary art trail in ThuinContemporary artists have been invited to create a fascinating creative art trail, Fluide, in Thuin. A dream for any culture lover!
- © Centre culturel de NassogneSeptember 2021NassogneExhibition
Parcours d'artistes: an art trail in Nassogne
- © biennale de la sculpture à LasneOctober 2021OhainExhibition
Lasne sculpture biennialLasne sculpture biennial is the opportunity to discover a wide range of artists - local, Belgian, European, well or lesser known.