Type of event
Wondering what's on this week, week-end or on the dates you are planning your trip to Wallonia? This agenda lists fantastic events taking place in the South of Belgium and will prove a wonderful source of inspiration to discover the region further.
Exhibitions, markets, festivals, fairs, special events and guided tours... There is much to choose from. They will give you a chance to meet the locals and get to understand our traditions and our folklore better.
There is something for everyone, children and adults, for every mood, relaxed or active, for every schedule, day, evening or full weekend.
- © MT du Pays d'ArlonMay 2021ArlonFolklore and Tradition
Maitrank festival: Arlon's favourite apéritif timeThe secret of the Maitrank is jealously guarded in Arlon, everyone having their own recipe. This festival, which takes place every year on the fourth Sunday in May, celebrates this amazing drink.
- © WBT - Gabriele CroppiJanuary 2021TournaiDemonstration
Betrayal Monday and Lost Monday - A Tournai TraditionOn the Monday following Epiphany, the locals eat a famous rabbit dish, cooked the Tournai way. You can try this traditional meal next on January 8, 2018.
- © Luc Van den EyndeJanuary 2021FlobecqDemonstration
The Antoniades folklore and traditions in FlobecqJoin us in January for one of the first folkloric traditions of the year. On the program: suckling pig, marching band and giant puppets.
- © FolkNamApril 2021NamurFolklore and Tradition
FOLKNAM: a day celebrating Namur's folkloric traditionsDiscDiscover how rich and diverse Namur's colourful traditional folkloric heritage is. The town's folklore guilds joined by prestigious guests, will take over the streets of Namur for the occasion. The programover the richness and diversity of a colourful traditional folkloric heritage: Namur's.
- © Bernard CuvelierApril 2021Grez-doiceauFolklore and Tradition
Saint George celebrations in Grez-DoiceauSaint George has been celebrated for centuries. Come and join the procession and animations in his honour in Grez-Doiceau, taking place April 27-29th, 2018.
- © GAL Entre-Sambre-et-MeuseThe first Sunday of MayTarcienneDemonstration
The Saint-Fiacre folkloric march in TarcienneThe traditional procession in honour of Saint Fiacre opens the folkloric marches season in the Entre Sambre et Meuse region. The event takes place every year on the first Sunday of May.
- © OT Tournai - Jan D'HondtMay 2021TournaiDemonstration
Tournai en fête | 5 festive daysParticipate in a weekend entirely dedicated to partying! Festivities, processions, concerts and a host of various events in Tournai.
- © Cédric LambotMay 2021HerveDemonstration
Li Porcéchon Del Céqwemme: a religious tradition in HerveThis religious procession takes place in Herve every year on Whit Monday. The tradition started back in 1230... and still goes strong today with pilgrims meeting at the church at 5 am. If you are staying in town, the drums will be waking you around 4 am, you might as well join!
- © Community Events ASBLMay 2021EnghienDemonstration
Celebrate Greek Day in the Parc d'EnghienGreeks in Belgium have at heart to celebrate whit Monday. Join the Greek Monday in Enghien to learn more about their traditions, music, gastronomy and cheerfulness.
- © copyright WBTMay 2021Saint-ghislainFolklore and Tradition
Feast of the Ascension | Saint-GhislainSaint Ghislain celebrates the Feast of the Ascension every year with a range of fun animations. Come and join this festive event!
- © WBT - Alex KouprianoffJune 2021GerpinnesFolklore and Tradition
The Sainte-Rolende folkloric procession in GerpinnesGerpinnes invites you to join its folkloric procession, a tribute to Sainte-Rolende. This tradition has been declared Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO
- © Visitmons - Gregory MathelotJune 2021MonsFolklore and Tradition
Doudou: Car d'Or procession, Lumeçon battle and Sainte-Waudru DucasseThe Procession of the Car d'Or is 658 years old and has been recognised as a masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
- © Visitmons - Gregory MathelotJune 2021MonsDemonstration
St John's Night bonfire in MonsThe St John's Night bonfire is very much looked forward to tradition in Mons. Cheerfulness all around!
- © WBT - Olivier LegardienJune 2021AubechiesFolklore and Tradition
Feux de Beltaine bonfires (Aubechies)The Archéosite and Musée d’Aubechies will be, as every year, hosting their traditional Feux de Beltaine bonfire.
- © B. EmpainJuly 2021BiercéeFolklore and Tradition
Ducasse aux cerises: a cherry fair in BiercéeThe Confrérie du Taste-Cerise invites you to join their 144th cherry festival this July.
- © fancycrave1July 2021TournaiFolklore and Tradition
Mont-Saint-Aubert bread fairMont-Saint-Aubert celebrates Saint Aubert, protector of bakers, with a special fair dedicated to bread.
- © copyright WBT14 July 2021LiègeDemonstration
July 14th celebrations in LiègeLiège loves France. Need proof? The city will celebrate July 14, The French National Day with popular dances, a Gallic market and amazing fireworks. Join in!
- © WBT - J.P.RemyJuly 2021Saint-hubertFolklore and Tradition
Djins d'Amon nos Ôtes at the Fourneau Saint-MichelDjins d'Amon nos Ôtes, set every summer at the Fourneau Saint-Michel, is a wonderful opportunity to learn about countryside life in 19th century Wallonia.
- © WBT - Christophe VandercamJuly 2021CharleroiFolklore and Tradition
Charleroi August funfairFerris wheel, pipes shooting, sensational rides, sweeter ones for the whole family and candyfloss: Charleroi's urban funfair will be back this August, setting up in different parts of the town.
- © FTPL - P. FagnoulAugust 2021LiègeFolklore and Tradition
15th of August celebrations in OutremeuseOutremeuse is one of the liveliest and most vibrant places to celebrate August 15th traditions in the Liège region. An absolute must-see.
- © G.Van den EndeAugust 2021Mussy-la-villeDemonstration
Cabu Festival (Mussy-la-Ville)The tradition, linked to market-gardens, dates back to the 19th century and celebrates... the local white cabbage or "cabu". The 57th edition will take place in Mussuy-la-Ville on the first weekend of August.
- © WBT - David SamynAugust 2021HuyDemonstration
Ascension day in Huy: quite a partyAugust 15, marking the Feast of the Ascension. is celebrated every year in Huy: fun fair (with over 100 trades represented), concerts, gourmet guilds, night market and fireworks. There even is a Kids Day with reduced prices. A fantastic day not to be missed.
- © RSI MalmédyEvery year on the 15th of August. The next event will take place in 2021.MalmedyDemonstration
August 15th giant omelette in MalmedyBreaking eggs is quite a tradition in Malmedy for August 15th - for a giant omelette! The day is filled with activities, concerts and you are invited.
- © Archéosite d'AubechiesAugust 2021AubechiesDemonstration
A weekend devoted to experimental archeology in AubechiesSee craft demonstrations, try experimental archaeology, enjoy the many animations and concerts taking place in Aubechies, August 25-26th, 2018.
- © La Fête à Béria !September 2021Quévy-le-petitDemonstration
Fête à Béria: a folkloric tradition in Quevy-le-PetitThe village of Quevy-le-Petit brings the legend of Béria, Thiméléon et Philibert back to life every summer. Folkloric traditions are still very much alive in Wallonia!
- © fête du chouxSeptember 2021Roux-miroirFolklore and Tradition
Fiesse au Roux: a festival dedicated to cabbage in IncourtWallonia is famous for its quirky festivals... like the Fiesse au Roux, which takes place in Incourt. The theme? Cabbage. Red, white or green, they are the star of the day!
- © WBT - JP RemySeptember 2021NamurFolklore and Tradition
‘Les Fetes de Wallonie’: celebrations in NamurThese festivities, launched 1923, celebrate the Walloon patriotism and spirit, thus commemorating September 1830 revolutionary days.
- © Centre culturel de NassogneSeptember 2021NassogneExhibition
Parcours d'artistes: an art trail in Nassogne
- © copyright WBTSeptember 2021Saint-hubertDemonstration
Le Week-end des Paysages: two days dedicated to the Ardenne stunning landscapesThis event offers a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the beauty of Luxembourg and try its terroir products. Join the fun in September 2019.
- © WBT - O. LegardienSeptember 2021NamurFolklore and Tradition
The combat de l'échasse d'or: a folkloric fight on stilts in NamurIf you love folkloric traditions, do not miss the Combat de l'échasse d'Or, which takes place in Namur the third Sunday of September. This fight on stilts, famous in Wallonia, is quite a show. The next event will take place in September.
- © José Burgeon - Parc ChlorophylleSeptember 2021DochampsDemonstration
Parc Chlorophylle's autumn fairThis Autumn Fair offers mushroom walks with experts, mushroom exhibitions, music, drawing workshops and many more surprises...
- © WBT - Christophe VandercamSeptember 2021Marchienne-au-pontDemonstration
The Pardon sambrien: a maritime folkloric tradition along the Sambre riverThe Pardon sambrien is an annual gathering of boats in the Sambre region, born from a similar Breton sailors' tradition. Discover this folkloric event in Marchienne-au-Pont.
- © Bernard CarbonneauxSeptember 2021MariembourgDemonstration
Mariembourg's steam train festivalGet up close to vintage steam locomotives and train carriages at this amazing festival. The event will take place in Mariembourg in September 2019.
- © WikipediaOctober 2021BrunehautDemonstration
Rongy-Brunehaut's apple fairRongy celebrates autumn flavours every first weekend of October, with a fair dedicated to apples. Come and get a bite of the action! The event takes place in the orchards of Brunehaut.
- © O.T. Liège - Marc VerpoortenOctober 2021LiègeDemonstration
Liège: the Nocturne des CoteauxTake a stroll in Liège on the first Saturday of October : the city is beautifully illuminated with candles for the Nocturne des Côteaux. A magical event turning the city into a fairytale scene...
- © WBT - J. JeanmartNovember 2021MonsDemonstration
Mons autumn fairThis wonderful event stretches all over town. Fair rides, Ice Palace, rollercoaster... The usual funfair rides and stalls will be there. Laughs and fantastic memories await!
- © copyright WBTMarch 2022MonsFolklore and Tradition
Messine's 400th ducasse in MonsFolklore and traditions will be key to Messine's 398th ducasse in March 2018.