We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- Spitfire Memorial Museum© Musée SpitfireFlorennes
Spitfire Memorial MuseumLocated in the aerodrome buildings, the museum displays a 1944 MK XIV Spitfire as well as various aircraft that have figured prominently in the Belgian Air force. The museum also covers the history of the aerodrome and the squadrons that were based there.
- Cruises on the Meuse with Le Pays de Liège boat© Service communication de la Province de Liège - Gerard GuissardLiège
Cruises on the Meuse with Le Pays de Liège boatFancy seeing Liège and the south of Belgium from a different angle? Try Le Pays de Liège: a beautiful boat offering comfortable and memorable cruises. Perfect with friends or family!
- Château de Louvignies© WBT - Caroline RaseChaussée-Notre-Dame-Louvignies
Château de LouvigniesSet in the countryside, only a few kilometres from Soignies in the province of Hainaut, the Château de Louvignies awaits.
- Les Aventuriers du Relais des Rêves: fun activities in Grez-Doiceau© Les Aventuriers du Relais des RêvesGrez-Doiceau
Les Aventuriers du Relais des Rêves: fun activities in Grez-DoiceauEnjoy lots of fun activities at Le Relais des Rêves : survival challenges, obstacle courses, escape games...
- Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countryside© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countrysideHan 1900 is a museum space dedicated to life in the countryside in the beginning of the 20th century. Nestled in the village of Han-sur-Lesse, in the province of Namur, it offers a wonderful insight of what the life of farmers in Wallonia used to be like.
- The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museum© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museumA fascinating exhibition presents 50 years of underwater excavations in the river Lesse
- CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in Erezée© WBT - Caroline RaseÉrezée
CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeOnce quite abundant in the Ourthe, salmon had in 1935 entirely disappeared from our waterways. A passionate team is now working at reintroducing the species back into our rivers. Discover this fascinating odyssey in Erezée, just 10 km from RIVEO (Hotton)
- Western-City: the American West at the heart of the Ardenne© Western-CityChaudfontaine
Western-City: the American West at the heart of the ArdenneCowboys, Indians, Sheriff, saloon: get ready to explore the American West in Chaudfontaine.
- The Solvay Estate | La Hulpe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Hulpe
The Solvay Estate | La HulpeThe Solvay Estate in La Hulpe, listed as "Exceptional cultural site in Wallonia", features part of the Sonian Forest and the Château de La Hulpe.
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- Minigolf 36.6 | Source O Rama (Chaudfontaine)© Benoît CoenenChaudfontaine
Minigolf 36.6 | Source O Rama (Chaudfontaine)Located in the Sources de ChaudfontainePark, Minigolf 36.6 proves perfect for memorable family days out. Its name refers to the temperature of the water at the Thermes de Chaudfontaine.
- Aqua Mundo: a fantastic water park in Vielsalm© Milan VermeulenVielsalm
Aqua Mundo: a fantastic water park in VielsalmAqua Mundo is a fantastic water park in the Center Parcs Les Ardennes (Vielsalm), perfect for a fun and relaxing day.
- The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in Hamoir© The Outsider ArdennesHamoir
The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in HamoirThe Outsider Ardennes invites you to join their various sites in the Ourthe Valley (Hamoir, Comblain-Fairon, Comblain-la-Tour et Comblain-au-Pont) and try one of the many activities on offer.
- The Bats interpretative centre in Comblain-au-Pont© Asbl Les découvertes de ComblainComblain-au-Pont
The Bats interpretative centre in Comblain-au-PontThis interpretative centre, dedicated to bats, offers an interesting angle on the former quarries of Geromont: a Natura 2000 site in the Ourthe valley.
- Le Siroteur | An outdoor Escape Game near Namur© Le Siroteur ASBLLa Bruyère
Le Siroteur | An outdoor Escape Game near NamurLe Siroteur has designed a Slow Tourism Escape Game, set in nature and based on real facts. Perfect to learn about the local history... In La Bruyère, near Namur.
- The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countryside© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countrysideThe TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- Eben-Emael fort: a WW2 memorial site© Fort d'Eben-EmaelEben-Emael
Eben-Emael fort: a WW2 memorial siteBack in 1940, the main obstacle facing the northern prong of the German attack on Belgium was the city of Liège, protected by a newly upgraded ring of 12 forts. The most formidable of these was Eben-Emael, 20 miles north-east of the city, which was designed to prevent a crossing of the River Meuse and the Albert Canal.
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visit© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteChimay
Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visitThis superb castle, more than a 1,000 years old, is near the Scourmont abbey which makes the Trappist Chimay beer.
- ÔÔ Paradis des Sens (Walcourt)© ÔÔ Paradis des SensWalcourt
ÔÔ Paradis des Sens (Walcourt)ÔÔ Paradis des Sens will awaken your senses through unexpected immersive experiences in Walcourt.
- ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragrance© ÔÔ ParfumsPhilippeville
ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragranceÔÔ Parfums, based in the province of Namur, invites to discover the world of master perfumers. Visitors joining the workshop will learn to make a unique fragrance reflecting their personality. Quite an exclusive experience!
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayHoudeng-Goegnies
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia© WBT - S. WittenbolThieu
The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in WalloniaLocated on the Canal du Centre, the Strépy-Thieu funicular lift is the largest boat lift and its 73.15 metres incline is the largest in the world. An absolute must see if you are travelling through the Hainaut region.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- Malmundarium, a must see historical visit in Malmedy© SI MalmedyMalmedy
Malmundarium, a must see historical visit in MalmedyThe Malmundarium, a former Benedictine monastery, is a space dedicated to memory, art, history and culture in the Cantons de l'Est region.
- Maison du Patrimoine Médiéval Mosan in Dinant© G. Focant-DPatBouvignes
Maison du Patrimoine Médiéval Mosan in DinantImmerse yourself in the eventful history of the Mosan Valley thanks to the Mosan medieval heritage house. Dsiover Mosane life in Dinant.
- The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritage© Grotte de LoretteRochefort
The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritageThe Cave of Lorette, part of the Caves of Han domain, can be found in the province of Namur, only 300 m from the centre of Rochefort.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and family© FTBWWavre
Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and familyOne of the most famous theme parks in Belgium! Their mascot, a kangaroo, welcomes families at the entrance to guide them through the many attractions. A new area, Exotic world, has opened this year.
- Musée de la Ville d'eaux | Spa© D. HoubrechtsSpa
Musée de la Ville d'eaux | SpaLocated in the former Villa Royale, residence of the second queen of the Belgian Marie Henriette, the Museum de la Ville d'eaux unveils the history of Spa.
- The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)The museum, located in the Stavelot Abbey’s magnificent vaulted cellars, presents the prestigious history the Spa-Francorchamps racetrack, one of the most beautiful circuit in the world.
- The centre of rail and stone in Jemelle© asbl Fous des RailsJemelle
The centre of rail and stone in JemelleA stone's throw from Rochefort, this museum covers the many facets of the Belgian railway network and limestone.
- Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in Cuesmes© Jean-François BerhinCuesmes
Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in CuesmesLocated near Mons, the Maison du Marais is dedicated to Vincent Van Gogh, one of the greatest painters from the 19th century.
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- Château de Celles - Vêves© FT Province de NamurHouyet
Château de Celles - VêvesFormer kingdom of Pépin de Herstal in the VIIIth century, castle of the Beaufort lords (who reconstructed it in 1410) then home to their descendants...
- The Plopsa Coo theme park© Plopsa CooStavelot
The Plopsa Coo theme parkThis family-friendly park offers a great balance of nature, fun and adventure. Take a trip back to prehistoric times at this fun park with aquatic dinosaur themes, water slides, roller coasters and attractions!
- The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of Waterloo© Brabant wallonVieux-Genappe
The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of WaterlooThe museum retraces, though a clever scenography, the night spent here by Napoleon, just before the Battle of Waterloo. The scenography recreates the atmosphere of the Emperor's headquarters through a clever setting and a selection of objects dating back to 1815.
- The Horse Museum in Spa© J. HertaySpa
The Horse Museum in SpaCome and discover, in Queen Marie-Henriette's former stables, a permanent exhibition on equestrian activities in Spa.
- Mundaneum: Mons paper Google© Mundaneum - Frédéric RaevenMons
Mundaneum: Mons paper GoogleThe Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- The Maison des Géants (the Giants' house) in Ath: an impressive museum in Wallonia© ARTHURS H - Fédération du Tourisme de la Province de HainautAth
The Maison des Géants (the Giants' house) in Ath: an impressive museum in WalloniaIn November 2005, UNESCO added to its list of intangible cultural heritage the giants and fantasy figures of 9 Belgian and French cities.
- The Tournai Museum of Archeology© Jan D’hondtTournai
The Tournai Museum of ArcheologyThe Tournai Museum of Archeology presents prehistoric, Gallo-Roman and Merovingian archeology
- A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near Dinant© Parc de FurfoozFurfooz
A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near DinantThe Furfooz park, in the province of Namur, invites you to discover its archaeological, geological and natural heritage. This family-friendly stroll offers lovely views on the Lesse river.
- Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'Aubechies© Archéosite AubechiesAubechies
Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'AubechiesThe Archeosite and Museum of Aubechies, dedicated to the era separating Pre-history from Roman times, is the largest archaeological open-air museum in Belgium.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- Page 1