We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- Spitfire Memorial Museum© Musée SpitfireFlorennes
Spitfire Memorial MuseumLocated in the aerodrome buildings, the museum displays a 1944 MK XIV Spitfire as well as various aircraft that have figured prominently in the Belgian Air force. The museum also covers the history of the aerodrome and the squadrons that were based there.
- Cruises on the Meuse with Le Pays de Liège boat© Service communication de la Province de Liège - Gerard GuissardLiège
Cruises on the Meuse with Le Pays de Liège boatFancy seeing Liège and the south of Belgium from a different angle? Try Le Pays de Liège: a beautiful boat offering comfortable and memorable cruises. Perfect with friends or family!
- CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeÉrezée
CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeOnce quite abundant in the Ourthe, salmon had in 1935 entirely disappeared from our waterways. A passionate team is now working at reintroducing the species back into our rivers. Discover this fascinating odyssey in Erezée, just 10 km from RIVEO (Hotton)
- Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visit© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteChimay
Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visitThis superb castle, more than a 1,000 years old, is near the Scourmont abbey which makes the Trappist Chimay beer.
- Château de Louvignies© FTLB - P. WillemsChaussée-Notre-Dame-Louvignies
Château de LouvigniesSet in the countryside, only a few kilometres from Soignies in the province of Hainaut, the Château de Louvignies awaits.
- Aqua Mundo: a fantastic water park in Vielsalm© Milan VermeulenVielsalm
Aqua Mundo: a fantastic water park in VielsalmAqua Mundo is a fantastic water park in the Center Parcs Les Ardennes (Vielsalm), perfect for a fun and relaxing day.
- The Aisne Tourist Tram (TTA)© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram (TTA)The TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countryside© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Han 1900: a museum dedicated to forgotten trades and life in the countrysideHan 1900 is a museum space dedicated to life in the countryside in the beginning of the 20th century. Nestled in the village of Han-sur-Lesse, in the province of Namur, it offers a wonderful insight of what the life of farmers in Wallonia used to be like.
- The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museum© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museumA fascinating exhibition presents 50 years of underwater excavations in the river Lesse
- Western-City: the American West at the heart of the Ardenne© Western-CityChaudfontaine
Western-City: the American West at the heart of the ArdenneCowboys, Indians, Sheriff, saloon: get ready to explore the American West in Chaudfontaine.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and family© Belpark SAWavre
Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and familyOne of the most famous theme parks in Belgium! Their mascot, a kangaroo, welcomes families at the entrance to guide them through the many attractions. A new area, Exotic world, has opened this year.
- Musée de la Ville d'eaux | Spa© D. HoubrechtsSpa
Musée de la Ville d'eaux | SpaLocated in the former Villa Royale, residence of the second queen of the Belgian Marie Henriette, the Museum de la Ville d'eaux unveils the history of Spa.
- The centre of rail and stone in Jemelle© asbl Fous des RailsJemelle
The centre of rail and stone in JemelleA stone's throw from Rochefort, this museum covers the many facets of the Belgian railway network and limestone.
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- The Plopsa Coo theme park© Plopsa CooStavelot
The Plopsa Coo theme parkThis family-friendly park offers a great balance of nature, fun and adventure. Take a trip back to prehistoric times at this fun park with aquatic dinosaur themes, water slides, roller coasters and attractions!
- The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of Waterloo© Brabant wallonVieux-Genappe
The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of WaterlooThe museum retraces, though a clever scenography, the night spent here by Napoleon, just before the Battle of Waterloo. The scenography recreates the atmosphere of the Emperor's headquarters through a clever setting and a selection of objects dating back to 1815.
- The Horse Museum in Spa© J. HertaySpa
The Horse Museum in SpaCome and discover, in Queen Marie-Henriette's former stables, a permanent exhibition on equestrian activities in Spa.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- The Maison des Géants (the Giants' house) in Ath: an impressive museum in Wallonia© ARTHURS H - Fédération du Tourisme de la Province de HainautAth
The Maison des Géants (the Giants' house) in Ath: an impressive museum in WalloniaIn November 2005, UNESCO added to its list of intangible cultural heritage the giants and fantasy figures of 9 Belgian and French cities.
- A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near Dinant© Parc de FurfoozFurfooz
A walk through the natural reserve of Furfooz near DinantThe Furfooz park, in the province of Namur, invites you to discover its archaeological, geological and natural heritage. This family-friendly stroll offers lovely views on the Lesse river.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in Bastogne© AnimalaineBastogne
Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in BastogneLocated in Bastogne (Ardenne), this interactive museum offers a wealth of information on wool, and forgotten trades.
- The Labyrinthe de Durbuy, a mind wowing park in Belgium© Asbl LabytourismeBarvaux
The Labyrinthe de Durbuy, a mind wowing park in BelgiumThis off the beaten path theme park is set in nature in the Province of Luxembourg, only 30 minutes from Namur and Liège and 1 hour from Brussels.
- RIVEO's minigolf, set in splendid gardens© K.SpruitHotton
RIVEO's minigolf, set in splendid gardensTry minigolf with a twist at RIVEO. This 18 hole course, set in a peaceful setting, takes visitors through 5 different gardens.
- Electric boats rentals on the Meuse river | Dinant© DINANT EvasionDinant
Electric boats rentals on the Meuse river | DinantDinant Evasion invites you to see Dinant, the birth town of Adolphe Sax, from an electric boat – quite a different angle! Even better: no license is required. Get on board, adventure awaits!
- Domain des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Domain des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- The Aulne Abbey© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne AbbeyThe ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey are nestled on the right bank of the Sambre, in a place beautifully called "Vallée de la Paix" or Valley of peace. The atmosphere is indeed very soothing and calls for a pleasant walk.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museum© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museumThe Guillaume Apollinaire museum retraces the stay of the poet in the region.
- Le Pass de Mons: a scientific adventures park (Frameries)© Hyacinthe ArthursFrameries
Le Pass de Mons: a scientific adventures park (Frameries)Le Pass is a unique attraction featuring interactive, family friendly exhibitions to approach science in a different way. The site is situated just 6 km fro
- The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovation© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
The Grand Hornu site: cultural heritage, exhibitions, design and innovationTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of Tournai© visittournaiTournai
Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of TournaiLe Couloir du Temps, a multimedia spectacle now screened at the Tourist Office, presents the 2,000 years of history in the town of tournai in just 20 minutes.
- The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the Ourthe© Domaine de PalogneVieuxville
The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the OurtheThe Domaine de Palogne invites you to discover its enchanting setting where nature, history and relaxation meet.
- The Aqualibi aquatic park, a water fun adventure© BelparkWavre
The Aqualibi aquatic park, a water fun adventureAqualibi is a fantastic water theme park near Wavre, in Wallonia. Water at 29°C, thrilling attractions inspired by tropical places, fun slides, a wave pool and a bubbly time in a jacuzzi. It's the perfect day out with friends and family!
- Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La Reid© WBT - O. LegardienTheux
Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La ReidForestia, in La Reid (Haute Fagne), is fully dedicated to nature. Its green setting, wildlife park, adventure trails make it the perfect place for a day out with friends and family.
- Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-Semois© RécréalleAlle-sur-Semois
Récréalle, a leisure centre in Alle-sur-SemoisRécréalle is a superb leisure centre on the banks of the Semois river, 20 km from Bouillon and 40 km from Charleville (France).
- Ardenne Aventures: fun activities in La Roche en Ardenne© Ardenne AventuresLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Ardenne Aventures: fun activities in La Roche en ArdenneKayak down the Ourthe at your own pace and enjoy being surrounded by nature. This activity can be done all year round (special equipment in winter). Choose from one or 2 seat kayaks.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- The Han Wildlife Reserve© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Han Wildlife ReserveVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Pascal PiersonFroidchapelle
The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakesThe Spin Cablepark is a waterski lift on a lake instead of a mountain: perfect to enjoy nautical sports and wakeboarding! Go on - dive in...
- The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège© Les Grottes de RemouchampsSougné-Remouchamps
The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of LiègeThe Grottes de Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège, have been open to the public since 182 and offer a boat ride on the Rubicon.
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in Ardenne© C.T.La Roche-en-Ardenne
Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in ArdenneLe Parc à gibier de La Roche is a wonderful opportunity to discover the animals - cute or impressive - living in the Ardenne forest. The perfect family day out!
- The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in Wallonia© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in WalloniaThe Musée de la vie wallonne, in the heart of Liège, presents the history and lives of Wallonia from the 19th century to the present days.
- Page 1