- Museum or Interpretation Centre
Located Place des Sciences, Louvain-la-Neuve's university museum or L Museum, invites you to discover its rich interdisciplinary collections. This new cultural and art space has found its home in the former Science and Technology Library, at the very heart of the student district.
A fascinating collection
Masterpieces (by Rembrandt, Goya, Picasso, Magritte, Alechinsky...), natural history specimens, archaeological and anthropological artefacts, scientific machines and inventions... Going from one object to the other in Museum L is a real invite to connecting different thoughts and dreaming.
Three "experimental labs" allow the public to understand how these many gems were conceived. Visitors will also find printed guides along the way or can borough media guides (for a fee) from reception.
The L museum trail
There are 5 themes to explore, each reflecting the path taken by inventors and designers. Visitors will marvel at a curiosity cabinet, wonder about many mysteries with Louvain-la-Neuve's researchers, learn how to share knowledge and information such as writings and calculations, be moved by art gems from different eras (from antiquity to the 20th century) and contemplate real masterpieces from a collector's point of view.
Tauromaquia: Picasso's fascinating engravings
Visitors can, until November1, 2020, discover a selection of 26 engravings made by pablo Picasso in 1957. He used a specific technique that fascinated him: ink mixed with sugar.
An exceptional building
Architect André Jacqmain designed this 2 580 m² modern building back in 1975. The period furniture, created by Jules Wabbes, is still partly in use to this day.
The site aims at providing an escape from real life, at being a welcoming, convivial cocoon where visitors can find reading and picnic areas. There also is a delightful boutique and cafés on site.
Visitors with specific needs
Please click here to see the list of facilities and activities accessible to visitors with reduced mobility. Wallonia has developed the Access-i program to give travellers a clear understanding of what the infrastructures offer.
Please note, on this site:
- If you are blind or visually impaired: audio guides are available at reception
- If you have difficulties understanding: Support documents, easy to read, are available from reception.
Make sure to add this peaceful museum to your bucket list!
Validity date: from 01-01-2022 au 31-12-2022
- Offer valid throughout 2022
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- 4€ instead of 8€ (adults), 1.5€ instead of 3€ (children aged 13 to 25 or PMR), 3€ instead of 6 (senior)
- Please mention the code Escapade when buying the ticket
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please contact the operator first and you will be given a promotional code
Access for PRM (autodeclared) - Cafe - Daylight - Shop - Training materials provided - Car parking - Cycle rack - Parking
Pets not allowed
Guide available/groups - EN - FR - NL - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet