- Museum or Interpretation Centre
In November 2005, UNESCO added to its list of intangible cultural heritage the giants and fantasy figures of 9 Belgian and French cities.
Who are these gigantic characters joining festivities in many European cities? Come and meet them at the Maison des Géants in Ath, nestled in a Louis XV mansion.
What to see
- How a giant is created
- The different ways of carrying a giant
- The transmission of this wonderful tradition from a generation to another
- Documentaries presenting festivities
- Temporary exhibitions on varied themes
Step in the fascinating world of Wallonia's giants and learn about this centuries old tradition.
Cafe - Shop - Car parking
Guide available/groups - EN - FR - NL