- Museum or Interpretation Centre
- Architectural heritage
Open since 1975, set in a splendid park, the Musée royal de Mariemont features collections gathered by its founder Raoul Waroqué.
The Mariemont estate can be found in Morlanwez, between Mons and Charleroi, in the province of Hainaut.
In this museum, China and Japan can be found side by side with Egypt, Greece, ancient Rome... The many collections, ranging from prehistoric to modern times via Gallo-roman and Merovingian civilizations pay tribute to the region and its past. Part of the collections also is the world's finest Tournai porcelain collection.
The museum regularly organises high-quality temporary exhibitions as well as activities, workshops and guided tours for individuals and groups.
Dated back to the 16th century, the park offers a fantastic blend of English style gardens, ponds, foliage, century-old trees and monumental scuptures. A real gem of a place part of the Walloon park and gardens of exception.
In th 19th century, the estate was planted with exotic trees, now considered the Hainaut region's largest arboretum.
Visitors with specific needs
ROYAL MUSEUM OF MARIEMONT
Validity date: from 01-01-2021 au 31-12-2021
- Offer valid until the end of August 2021 during school holidays
- 2.5€ instead of 5€ per person
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please contact the site first to know which process to follow to enjoy this promotion
Outdoor catering - Indoor catering
Cafe - Daylight - Shop - Training materials provided - Parking - Restaurant
Guide available/groups - FR - NL - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet