- Museum or Interpretation Centre
The Tournai Military History Museum occupies an 18th century mansion with the inventory which is included in the inventory of the Architectural Heritage of the Hainaut.
Through a dozen room the visitor will find:
- beautiful collections of weapons and firearms,
- various historical objects and documents,
- scale models,
- uniforms relating to the First Empire, the history of Belgium and the last two world conflicts.
A walled town
A room highlights to Tournai's fortifications and the many sieges it has seen
- by Edward III in 1340
- by Henry VIII in 1513
- by Louis XIV in 1667
- by Marlborough in 1709
- by Louis XV in 1745
- and finally during the Battle of Fontenoy.
Another room is dedicated to the resistance particularly the Tournaisian network. The naval room recounts the history of the Belgian Navy and presents equipment used by the Naval Force. Also worth noting are the flags offered by the patriotic societies of Tournai and the region.
Guide available/groups - German - EN - ES - FR - IT - NL