- Museum or Interpretation Centre
Travel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
2000 years ago, the Gallo-Roman villa in Malagne, then fully operating, was one of the largest farms in northern Gaul. Today, the archaeological park takes you on a discovery of the everyday life of the villa's inhabitants.
Cultural heritage, nature and culture
Along the paths, the well-preserved remains reveal a barn and forge, peaceful gardens, cultures, animal breeding, crafts and experimental archaeological workshops.
A site brought back to life
This open sky museum features a towed reaper machine from Gallo Roman times. The gardens and crops are quite unique too, with 350 plants used then. You will learn about the tools, techniques, natural pesticides used too.
This protected archeopark, working with the Famenne-Ardenne Geopark, has been recognised as a UNESCO site.
MALAGNE - ARCHÉOPARC DE ROCHEFORT
Validity date: from 01-01-2021 au 31-12-2021
- Offer valid throughout 2021
- - 1 € on the price of a ticket (so 6.5€ instead of 7.5€ per adult, 5€ instead of 6€ per child aged 3 to 12 years and 5.5€ instead of 6.5€ per senior
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If you wish to book online, start by contacting the Archeopark to learn which steps to follow
Cafe - Shop - Car parking - Motor Home parking - Cycle rack - Parking
Guide available/groups - EN - FR - NL - Guide available/individuals - FR - NL - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet