- Water attraction
- Industrial heritage
- Sport and relaxation
- Waterways holidays
- River cruises
Situated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built at the beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
Creating a network of inland waterways in Belgium meant building a new section for the Canal du Centre, including the largest boat lift ever built and a 73.15 metres drop. Impressive to say the least!
There is much to discover during this visit:
- an impressive machine room,
- a movie explaining how the lift works,
- a panorama over the whole construction and the region,
- an exhibition presenting the fossils found during the project
- an exhibition on inland waterways (past and present)
- animated scale models
- interactive games
- as well as electric boat and bike rentals
A cruise on the canal and a visit of Strépy
This cruise, complete with historical commentary, takes you through the locks, boat lifts and swing bridges. A little train will drive you along the towpath, all the way at lift number 3 where you can visit the impressive machine room.
VOIES D'EAU DU HAINAUT ASB: Canal du centre, boat lifts, inclined plan
Validity date: from 01-01-2021 au 31-12-2021
- Offer valid throughout 2021
- Valid for the following activities:
> visit of the boat lift and its exhibition (reduced price: 7.2€ per adult, 5.85€ per child 13-18 y.o/senior,4.05€ per 4-12 y.o. child)
> boat cruise on the Canal du Centre (return trip - reduced price: 13.5€ per adult, 11.25€ per student/senior, 9€ per 4-12 y.o. child)
- If you want to combine some of these activities, please print one voucher per activity of interest
- Valid for 4 persons max per voucher.
- Cannot be combined with any other ongoing promotion or offer
- This voucher must be printed and given to the ticket office on arrival
- If booking online, please contact the site first to know which process to follow to enjoy this promotion
Boat cruises are sadly not accessible to persons with reduced mobility.
Do check the Access-i certified activities and attractions in Wallonia.
Cafe - Shop - Car parking - Motor Home parking - Cycle rack - Parking - Restaurant
Pets not allowed
Guide available/groups - German - EN - FR - NL - Guide available/individuals - DE - EN - FR - NL