- Museum or Interpretation Centre
- Industrial heritage
- Train/tram/tourist train
The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
A tram journey through time
- Over 40 former SNCV (vicinal) tramcars. It houses a steam engine from 1888 and the oldest completely electric tramcar, built in Belgium in 1901.
- The tramcars run on the Thuin-Lobbes line, the last Belgian metric SNCV railway line allowing electric, diesel and steam tramcars rides.The line has also been extended to Biesme-sous-Thuin, along the RAVeL 109 route.
- The weekend of the 15 August is the tram festival.
- Heritage days in September.
- Tram Night on the last Sunday in October.
You can also make the most of the RAVel network which passes through Thuin to discover the Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre, Lobbes-Thuin.
At the Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre, Lobbes-Thuin, take a streetcar named history!
Cafe - Shop - Car parking - Cycle rack - Parking
Guide available/groups - EN - FR - NL