Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
- Reinhardstein castle | Ovifat© WBT - S. WittenbolOvifat
Reinhardstein castle | OvifatNestled in the eastern townships of the Haute s Fagnes, this castle from the 14th century overlooks Ovifat from the top of its peak.
- The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in Godarville© UtopixChapelle-lez-Herlaimont
The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in GodarvilleThe Domaine de la Claire-Fontaine in Godarville has activities for the whole family. Swimming, adventures, sport, fishing but also relaxing ones...
- Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)The Grotte de Comblain, listed as an underground cavity of scientific interest, can be found in the Liège province, on the hills of the Comblain-au-Pont vil
- Discover the Ourthe with "Les Remous" Kayak Club© Kayak Club Les Remous - geoffreymeuliHamoir
Discover the Ourthe with "Les Remous" Kayak ClubCome and kayak on the Ourthe, between Barvaux-Bomal-Hamoir and Comblain-au-Pont, in a friendly atmosphere. 1, 2 or 3-seat kayaks are available.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the Ourthe© Domaine de PalogneVieuxville
The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the OurtheThe Domaine de Palogne invites you to discover its enchanting setting where nature, history and relaxation meet.
- Château de Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visit© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteChimay
Château de Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visitThis superb castle, more than a 1,000 years old, is near the Scourmont abbey which makes the Trappist Chimay beer.
- Château de Jehay | Amay© JP Rolin Province de LiegeAmay
Château de Jehay | AmayLocated in the province of Liège, the Château de Jehay offers a remarkable architecture, unique in Europe. This impressive historical building, surrounded by moats, seems to appear as if by magic as you walk past the forest.
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- Kayak down the Ourthe with Adventure Valley Durbuy© La Petite MerveilleDurbuy
Kayak down the Ourthe with Adventure Valley DurbuyA memorable day in the world's smallest town whether on your own, with friends of family: travel down the Ourthe on a mono or double kayak.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- Dock 79, a leisure park near Mons© Dock 79Tertre
Dock 79, a leisure park near MonsDock 79, nestled in a beautiful, natural setting, offers a wonderful choice of outdoor activities. This leisure park is ideal for a family day out.
- The Goyet Caves© Grottes de GoyetGesves
The Goyet Caves.The Caves of Goyet constitute an exceptional archaeological site in Belgium tjust a few kilometres from the city of Namur ..
- Poilvache medieval ruins© Christian GenardYvoir
Poilvache medieval ruinsLocated just a few kilometres from Dinant, the Poilvache ruins overlook the Meuse river and the charming village of Houx. These remains, which date from the 13th and 15th century, are well worth stopping by and are listed as exceptional cultural heritage of Wallonia.
- Centre d'interprétation d'Art de l'Ecole (Vresse)© Centre d'interprétation d’ArtVresse-sur-Semois
Centre d'interprétation d'Art de l'Ecole (Vresse)Located in the village of Vresse-sur-Sémois (Ardenne), the Centre d’Interprétation d’Art de l’École de Vresse features 200 artworks.