We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in Wallonia© WBT - David SamynBouillon
Bouillon castle: a medieval gem in WalloniaBuilt on three rock pitons overlooking the Semois river, the Bouillon Castle is a remarkable monument in the province of Luxembourg, retracing almost a thousand years of history and military architecture.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in WalloniaThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - J.P. RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of Waterloo© Brabant wallonVieux-Genappe
The Ferme du Caillou, Napoleon's last headquarters before the Battle of WaterlooThe museum retraces, though a clever scenography, the night spent here by Napoleon, just before the Battle of Waterloo. The scenography recreates the atmosphere of the Emperor's headquarters through a clever setting and a selection of objects dating back to 1815.
- Mundaneum: Mons paper Google© Mundaneum - Frédéric RaevenMons
Mundaneum: Mons paper GoogleThe Mundaneum is an exceptional archive centre and exhibition space in Mons, known to hold 12 million bibliographic records. Le Monde describes it as the Paper Google and the New York Times as The Web Time Forgot.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'Aubechies© Archéosite AubechiesAubechies
Travel 5,000 years in time at the Archéosite and the Musée d'AubechiesThe Archeosite and Museum of Aubechies, dedicated to the era separating Pre-history from Roman times, is the largest archaeological open-air museum in Belgium.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- Electric boats rentals on the Meuse river | Dinant© DINANT NautiqueDinant
Electric boats rentals on the Meuse river | DinantDinant Evasion invites you to see Dinant, the birth town of Adolphe Sax, from an electric boat – quite a different angle! Even better: no license is required. Get on board, adventure awaits!
- The Wellington Museum in Waterloo, a museum retracing the 1815 battle© WBT - Bruno DalimonteWaterloo
The Wellington Museum in Waterloo, a museum retracing the 1815 battleThis museum, once an inn, served as headquarters to the Duke of Wellington the night of June 17th, 1815. Right before the famous battle of Waterloo...
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in Wallonia© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in WalloniaThe Musée de la vie wallonne, in the heart of Liège, presents the history and lives of Wallonia from the 19th century to the present days.
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© Val de LesseLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is made© Espace ChimayBourlers
L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is madeL'Espace Chimay, dedicated to Chimay cheese and beer, presents the Chimay Experience, an interactive visit of the brewery. To be consumed with no moderation!
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- Electric boat rentals for cruises on the Canal du Centre© Utopix - VhelloStrépy-Bracquegnies
Electric boat rentals for cruises on the Canal du CentreThe Boatlifts of the Canal du Centre Historique, listed by UNESCO, are iconic sights in the Region. From the Cantine des Italiens, you can rent electric boats (no permit required!) and indulge in a journey through time.
- Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centre© TemporaBastogne
Bastogne War Museum: a WW2 commemorative centreThis cultural centre, dedicated to the second world war, offers an incredible immersion into the Battle of the Bulge. 4 characters, civilians and soldiers, guide the visitors through the galleries, sharing their story as they go along. An interactive, modern presentation sure to wow children and adults alike.
- Hougoumont Farm: an iconic location in the Waterloo battlefield© Tempora et Luc PetitBraine-L'Alleud
Hougoumont Farm: an iconic location in the Waterloo battlefieldLocate just 1.5 km from the Memorial, la Ferme d’Hougoumont is one of the iconic locations that played a part in the Battle of Waterloo.
- The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-ThuinThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valley© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valleyThe citadel of Dinant promises an incredible day out. Retrace 900 years history and discover the Meuse valley in Belgium.
- L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museum© JP BougnetOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museumLocated Place des Sciences, Louvain-la-Neuve's university museum or L Museum, invites you to discover its rich interdisciplinary collections. This new cultural and art space has found its home in the former Science and Technology Library, at the very heart of the student district.
- The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo© WBT - J.P. RemyBraine-l'Alleud
The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo(Re)discover this famous page of Walloon history, straight on the battlefield which witnessed the battle on June 18th, 1815. More than a museum, this is a multi-sensorial, immersive experience. Come with friends and family and learn more about this event, a turning point in the history of Europe.
- The Keramis Ceramic Centre© KeramisLa Louvière
The Keramis Ceramic CentreDiscover the new Centre Keramis de la Louvière. A museum dedicated to ceramics and earthenware installed on the site of the factory Royal Boch ....
- Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du Cazier© WBT - J.P. RemyCharleroi
Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du CazierThe Musée de l'Industrie, in the Bois du Cazier, South of Charleroi, takes you back to the industrial revolution era.
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- Panorama of the Battle of Waterloo battlefield: a 360° fresco© WBT - Alex KouprianoffBraine-L'Alleud
Panorama of the Battle of Waterloo battlefield: a 360° frescoThis extraordinary, full scale mural present the various scenes of the 1815 battle between Wellington and Napoleon's troops. Painted in 1912, it gives an impressive 3D feel.
- Liège Aquarium-Museum© Aquarium Muséum Universitaire de LiègeLiège
Liège Aquarium-MuseumThe Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)© FT Province de NamurTreignes
The school of yesteryear | Espace Arthur Masson (Treignes)The Espace Arthur Masson, dedicated to the Belgian writer Arthur Masson, proposes an original visit in the heart of the superb Viroin valley in Belgium
- Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La Hulpe© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Hulpe
Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La HulpeBelgian artist Folon presents over 500 art works in the the Castle of La Hulpe's farm, just 20 minutes from Brussels,
- The Notre-Dame à la Rose hospital (Lessines)© Francis VaubanLessines
The Notre-Dame à la Rose hospital (Lessines)Situated in the province of Hainaut, near the city of Tournai, this hospital is a unique witness to the way medieval hospitals operate.
- Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museum© MT Waterloo - Jean-Philippe Van DammeBraine-l'Alleud
Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museumThe Lion's hamlet was part of the Waterloo battlefield where French and English troops fought on June 15, 1815.
- The Defroidmont chocolate museum and chocolate factory in Erezée© WBT - Caroline RaseErezée
The Defroidmont chocolate museum and chocolate factory in ErezéeArtisan Chocolatier Philippe Defroidmont reveals his secrets in its Durbuy and Erezée boutiques. The museum, visit and tasting promise a full chocolate experience.
- The Félicien Rops Museum in Namur© WBT - Denis ErroyauxNamur
The Félicien Rops Museum in NamurThis exceptional museum, at the heart of the historical quarters of Namur, dedicates its collections to Félicien Rops, a famous Belgian artist from the 19th century.