We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
- Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museum© MT Waterloo - Jean-Philippe Van DammeBraine-l'Alleud
Memorial Waterloo 1815: the Lion's Mound and its interactive museumThe Lion's hamlet was part of the Waterloo battlefield where French and English troops fought on June 15, 1815.
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in WalloniaThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Pouhon Pierre le Grand de SPA, Immersia et Joan Mirò© WBT - David SamynSpa
Pouhon Pierre le Grand de SPA, Immersia et Joan MiròThe splendid 1880 Pouhon Pierre le Grand, offers you "Spa Experience" a 360 degree film and a permanent Joan Mirò.art collection.
- Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in Mons© Fondation Losseau - photo WBT - J.P. RemyMons
Maison Léon Losseau: an Art Nouveau gem in MonsPassing through Mons? Be sure to visit the Maison Losseau, a jewel of Art Nouveau architecture located in the heart of the Doudou's city.
- ReGare, Fosse la Ville interpretation centre© Pauline LinardFosses-La-Ville
ReGare, Fosse la Ville interpretation centreReGare, the interpretation centre dedicated to local and regional heritage, unveils all about the folk festivals of Fosses-la-Ville!
- The Darcis chocolate shop and museum in Verviers© DarcisVerviers
The Darcis chocolate shop and museum in VerviersJean-Philippe Darcis, Belgian chocolate ambassador and pioneer of the macaron in Belgium, welcomes you in his chocolate museum in Verviers. There you will retrace the origins and history of this fantastic treat through a chocolate trail.
- The Aulne Abbey© WBT - S. WittenbolThuin
The Aulne AbbeyThe ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey are nestled on the right bank of the Sambre, in a place beautifully called "Vallée de la Paix" or Valley of peace. The atmosphere is indeed very soothing and calls for a pleasant walk.
- Mahymobiles: a car museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut© Mahymobiles - Jan D'HondtLeuze-en-Hainaut
Mahymobiles: a car museum in Leuze-en-HainautMahymobiles holds a remarkable collection of veteran, vintage and classic vehicles, 300 of which are on public display. Walk into the entrance hall and you are greeted by a dusty Delahaye. Look out for the unique De Mola coupé, a Rolls-Royce Phantom III and a Delaunay Belleville among other gems. Belgian brands such as
- The Musée du Petit Format in Nismes© Treignes - Village des MuséesNismes
The Musée du Petit Format in NismesThis tiny museum in Nismes invites art lovers to discover many facets of contemporary art through pieces from international collections.
- La Maison Tournaisienne | Museum of Folklore© Jan D’hondtTournai
La Maison Tournaisienne | Museum of FolkloreNestled in an authentic 17th century building, La Maison Tournaisienne traces all the ages of everyday life in the region between 1800 and modern days.
- The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramway© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramwayThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- The Tournai Museum of Archeology© Jan D’hondtTournai
The Tournai Museum of ArcheologyThe Tournai Museum of Archeology presents prehistoric, Gallo-Roman and Merovingian archeology
- Liège Archeoforum: an archaeological museum featuring fascinating remains© IPWLiège
Liège Archeoforum: an archaeological museum featuring fascinating remainsLiège's Archaeoforum is an exceptional archaeological site located in the city centre, right under the Place Saint-Lambert.
- The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in Binche© Musée international du Carnaval et du MasqueBinche
The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in BincheThe Musée International du Carnaval et du Masque de Binche, at the very heart of a city famous for it Carnival characters (named the Gilles), invites you to discover the region's many festivals and traditions.
- The centre of rail and stone in Jemelle© asbl Fous des RailsJemelle
The centre of rail and stone in JemelleA stone's throw from Rochefort, this museum covers the many facets of the Belgian railway network and limestone.
- Château de Jehay | Amay© JP Rolin Province de LiegeAmay
Château de Jehay | AmayLocated in the province of Liège, the Château de Jehay offers a remarkable architecture, unique in Europe. This impressive historical building, surrounded by moats, seems to appear as if by magic as you walk past the forest.
- The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valley© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valleyThe citadel of Dinant promises an incredible day out. Retrace 900 years history and discover the Meuse valley in Belgium.
- Eben-Emael fort: a WW2 memorial site© Fort d'Eben-EmaelEben-Emael
Eben-Emael fort: a WW2 memorial siteBack in 1940, the main obstacle facing the northern prong of the German attack on Belgium was the city of Liège, protected by a newly upgraded ring of 12 forts. The most formidable of these was Eben-Emael, 20 miles north-east of the city, which was designed to prevent a crossing of the River Meuse and the Albert Canal.
- Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La Hulpe© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Hulpe
Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La HulpeBelgian artist Folon presents over 500 art works in the the Castle of La Hulpe's farm, just 20 minutes from Brussels,
- ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragrance© ÔÔ ParfumsPhilippeville
ÔÔ Parfums, a unique workshop to create your own fragranceÔÔ Parfums, based in the province of Namur, invites to discover the world of master perfumers. Visitors joining the workshop will learn to make a unique fragrance reflecting their personality. Quite an exclusive experience!
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- Mulum Museum - Liege's Light Museum© Musée liégeois du Luminaire - MULUMLiège
Mulum Museum - Liege's Light MuseumThe Light Museum in Liège showcases key lighting objects and mechanisms, used all over the world from prehistoric times to the 21st century.
- Visit'Entreprise| L'atelier ÔÔ Paradis des Sens à Walcourt© ÔÔ Paradis des SensWalcourt
Visit'Entreprise| L'atelier ÔÔ Paradis des Sens à WalcourtÔÔ Paradis des Sens will awaken your senses through unexpected immersive experiences in Walcourt.
- Musée du Malgré-Tout & Prehistoric park in Treignes© OTVTreignes
Musée du Malgré-Tout & Prehistoric park in TreignesTravel through time thanks to archaeological artefacts found in the region, from Neanderthal to Gallo Roman times... The Musée du Malgré Tout, in Treignes, is sure to wow you.
- L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museum© JP BougnetOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museumLocated Place des Sciences, Louvain-la-Neuve's university museum or L Museum, invites you to discover its rich interdisciplinary collections. This new cultural and art space has found its home in the former Science and Technology Library, at the very heart of the student district.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- Tournai Military History Museum© Ville de TournaiTournai
Tournai Military History MuseumTournai Military History Museum is nestled in an 18th century town mansion, near the Grand Place. Its galleries present the town's troops, their equipment and weapons between 1100 and 1945.
- Moutarde Bister: a mustard factory in Achêne© LDV ProductionAchêne
Moutarde Bister: a mustard factory in AchêneSituated in the province of Namur, this mustard factory & its museum reveal the secrets of the Imperial Mustard created in 1926 by François Bister.
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in Erezée© WBT JP Remy MélinÉrezée
CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeOnce quite abundant in the Ourthe, salmon had in 1935 entirely disappeared from our waterways. A passionate team is now working at reintroducing the species back into our rivers. Discover this fascinating odyssey in Erezée, just 10 km from RIVEO (Hotton)
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© Val de LesseLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- The Sainte-Waudru collegiate church© WBT - Olivier LegardienMons
The Sainte-Waudru collegiate churchThe treasury at the Saint Waudru collegiate church in Mons houses a beautiful collection of silver and gold religious icons: statues, paintings and ancient manuscripts dating from the 12th-19th centuries. The church is built in Gothic style Brabant from the 15th to the 17th centuries, with splendid alabaster statues of
- The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in Couvin© Office du Tourisme de CouvinCouvin
The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in CouvinLet the skills of nature as an artist amaze you once more... Sculpted by the 'Eau Noire' river 300 million years ago, the Neptune Caves, in Petigny, are one of Belgium's oldest underground cavities.
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)© Claire HalleuxSpa
The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)The Forest and Waters Museum, nestled in the Domaine de Bérinzenne in Spa, reveals the many secrets of the fauna and flora of the Fagnes.
- The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)The museum, located in the Stavelot Abbey’s magnificent vaulted cellars, presents the prestigious history the Spa-Francorchamps racetrack, one of the most beautiful circuit in the world.
- Maison des Géants d'Ath, une visite de taille en Wallonie© ARTHURS H - Fédération du Tourisme de la Province de HainautAth
Maison des Géants d'Ath, une visite de taille en WallonieIn November 2005, UNESCO added to its list of intangible cultural heritage the giants and fantasy figures of 9 Belgian and French cities.
- Musée de la Vie rurale à Huissignies© WBT - Olivier LegardienHuissignies
Musée de la Vie rurale à HuissigniesIn this museum, located in the province of Hainaut, time seems to have stopped.
- Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of Tournai© visittournaiTournai
Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of TournaiLe Couloir du Temps, a multimedia spectacle now screened at the Tourist Office, presents the 2,000 years of history in the town of tournai in just 20 minutes.
- MUMONS | Musée de l'Université de Mons© UMONSMons
MUMONS | Musée de l'Université de MonsScience, art, curiosities... This university museum aims at giving you the keys to better understand the world around you.
- Maison du Patrimoine Médiéval Mosan in Dinant© G. Focant-DPatBouvignes
Maison du Patrimoine Médiéval Mosan in DinantImmerse yourself in the eventful history of the Mosan Valley thanks to the Mosan medieval heritage house. Dsiover Mosane life in Dinant.
- The Centre for Engravings and Prints in La Louvière© Nalini Malani – photo Maria SalamoneLa Louvière
The Centre for Engravings and Prints in La LouvièreThe Centre for Engravings and Prints is a place for encounters, creation and research, dedicated solely to contemporary prints...
- Tournai Natural History Museum and Vivarium© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Natural History Museum and VivariumThe Natural History Museum in Tournai, Belgium, features rich collections and a vivarium. Its 19th century setting has been wonderfully preserved.
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo© WBT - J.P. RemyBraine-l'Alleud
The 1815 Memorial museum: a historical site retracing the battle of Waterloo(Re)discover this famous page of Walloon history, straight on the battlefield which witnessed the battle on June 18th, 1815. More than a museum, this is a multi-sensorial, immersive experience. Come with friends and family and learn more about this event, a turning point in the history of Europe.
- Malmundarium, a must see historical visit in Malmedy© WBT - David SamynMalmedy
Malmundarium, a must see historical visit in MalmedyThe Malmundarium, a former Benedictine monastery, is a space dedicated to memory, art, history and culture in the Cantons de l'Est region.