We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
- The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleries© Simon SchmittNamur
The Citadel of Namur and its fascinating network of underground galleriesUpon inspection of the Citadel, Napoleon labelled it as “Europe’s Termite Mound” due to its extensive network of underground passages. Discover 500m of restored passages with an immersive-guided tour that will take you to the heart of the history of the Citadel’s entrails, through sound and light.
- The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valley© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
The citadel of Dinant, a fortress in the Meuse valleyThe citadel of Dinant promises an incredible day out. Retrace 900 years history and discover the Meuse valley in Belgium.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- Les Anes de François: donkey rides in Gembloux© Les Anes de FrançoisBossière
Les Anes de François: donkey rides in GemblouxNature guide François will take you on a guided donkey ride in Bossière, between Gembloux and Namur: a wonderful way to slow down and really enjoy the landscapes around you... Perfect for adults and children!
- Philippeville underground passages© O.T. PhilippevillePhilippeville
Philippeville underground passagesIn 1656, Vauban redeveloped the Philippeville Fortress on Louis XIV's request. He strengthened the site's defences, emphasising its star shape. Part of the underground network created then remains and can be visited.
- Ânes et co: donkey rides in the Eau d'Heure lakes region© Elsa CassimansWalcourt
Ânes et co: donkey rides in the Eau d'Heure lakes regionÂnes et co in Walcourt offers a wide range of activities around wonderful animals: donkeys.
- The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in Habay© WBT JP Remy MélinHabay-la-Vieille
The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in HabayL'asinerie de l'O offers a cheerful, countryside setting where everyone is welcome: children, teenagers, families, visitors with specific need, groups...
- The wood hills of the Citadel of Liège: nature at the heart of the fiery city© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The wood hills of the Citadel of Liège: nature at the heart of the fiery cityLocated within the citadel, these wood hills are an unexpected urban haven, ideal for peaceful walks and nature lovers. This unique natural and material heritage, 80 hectares in total, has been awarded 3 stars in the Michelin travel guide.
- Escap'Anes | Donkey rides in Marche-en-Famenne© Alain DantinneMarche-en-Famenne
Escap'Anes | Donkey rides in Marche-en-FamenneLooking for the perfect day out with children? Donley rides guarantee a memorable experience.
- Naturâne A donkey farm in Bastogne© P. DelperdangeVaux sur Sûre
Naturâne A donkey farm in BastogneDiscover Pascal's universe. Originally a computer scientist, he gave it all up to dedicate his life to agriculture.
- Fort de Pontisse | Near Liège© Fort de PontisseHerstal
Fort de Pontisse | Near LiègeBuilt in 1888 by General Henri-Alexis Brialmont, Fort Pontisse is one of the twelve forts that made up the Fortified Position of Liège.
- Seggo | Segway rides to discover Durbuy and Saint-Hubert© WBT - J.P. RemyDurbuy
Seggo | Segway rides to discover Durbuy and Saint-HubertLooking for a different way to discover Durbuy, Saint-Hubert and around? Try exploring the region with a Segway.
- Donkey rides at Le Pré aux Ânes (Lierneux)© Le Pré aux Ânes - Gallemaers JoeLierneux
Donkey rides at Le Pré aux Ânes (Lierneux)Enjoy a donkey ride (saddled or with a carriage) in the Province of Liège for a few hours, a day or a full weekend. Both the animals and the guests are sure to enjoy the beauty of the Ardenne countryside.
- Le Mont des ânes: donkey rides through the Ardenne© Le Mont des ânesMormont
Le Mont des ânes: donkey rides through the ArdenneEnjoy the pretty paths going through the Ardenne with a donkey who will be carrying your luggage. The adventure starts in Mormont, near Erezée. Children aged 6 and above can join the fun.
- Huy fortress and memorial© WBT - David SamynHuy
Huy fortress and memorialWhile visiting the region of Huy, make sure to visit this fort, a real memorial to the second world war. Its museum retraces its history as a concentration camp.
- Esprit de l'Ane | Donkey rides in La Roche-en-Ardenne© WBT - Caroline RaseLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Esprit de l'Ane | Donkey rides in La Roche-en-ArdenneL'Esprit de l'Ane, a charity dedicated to donkeys, was created by Kelly and Geoffrey who have provided a home to 14 of these adorable animals. Passionate about nature, they organise courses, rides and walks in La Roche-en-Ardenne and its region.
- The Ahinvaux estate (Yvoir)© WBT JP Remy MélinYvoir
The Ahinvaux estate (Yvoir)The Anhivaux estate offers a range of activities and quality infrastructures in the Bocq valley. Hikes, donkey rides... There is something for the whole family.
- The Escafène farm in Ragnies (near Thuin)© WBT JP Remy MélinRagnies
The Escafène farm in Ragnies (near Thuin)The Escafène farm, in Ragnies (one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia), organises nature activities for children: teaching farm, organic agriculture, donkey rides...
- Gyrogo: Segway rental in Visé© AdobeStockVisé
Gyrogo: Segway rental in ViséA fun way to explore the Pays de Herve region! Gyrogo rents Segways, perfect for the whole family, and also can organise bespoke itineraries.
- Balad'âne: Donkey rides and carriages in Feluy© Luc ResselerFeluy
Balad'âne: Donkey rides and carriages in FeluyBalad’âne invites you to enjoy donkey rides in and near the village of Feluy, a fantastic way to reconnect with nature and discover the historical canal, the local fauna, flora and the castle.
- Schaltin: donkey rides in the province of Namur© Bouchat SophieSchaltin
Schaltin: donkey rides in the province of NamurCreated in October 2018, Flâneries organises nature activities and donkey rides in the countryside. Perfect as a romantic or family day out.
- BaladÁnes: donkey rides in L'Hermeton© Karl BondroitSautour
BaladÁnes: donkey rides in L'HermetonExplore a preserved, green region by donkey, discovering sweet villages, the peacefulness of the countryside and woodlands along the way. You might even meet a deer, roe or stag!