We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
- The citadel of Namur's tourist train© FTPN - BossiroyNamur
The citadel of Namur's tourist trainNamur's tourist train will take you on a ride around the Citadel's defence walls. A fantastic way to appreciate their architecture and learn more about their history, from the Middle Ages to the present days.
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countryside© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countrysideThe TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- The Chemin de Fer du Bocq touristic train© Chemins du Rail asbl - Jean-Louis NOIRHOMMESpontin (Yvoir)
The Chemin de Fer du Bocq touristic trainThe Chemin de Fer du Bocq is a touristic train going along the "Luxembourg rail line" between Ciney and Purnode (Yvoir).
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramway© Jean-Claude AndrieuThuin
The Lobbes-Thuin historic tramwayThe Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin is a museum dedicated solely to trams of all kinds: steam, electric, diesel.
- Les Anes de François: donkey rides in Gembloux© Les Anes de FrançoisBossière
Les Anes de François: donkey rides in GemblouxNature guide François will take you on a guided donkey ride in Bossière, between Gembloux and Namur: a wonderful way to slow down and really enjoy the landscapes around you... Perfect for adults and children!
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic train© Crocodile Rouge - Jean-Francois BaeldenBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Croco Express, the Eau d'Heure lakes touristic trainCome on board the Croco Express, a sweet touristic train, to discover the region of the Eau d'Heure lakes in Belgium.
- Durbuy's touristic train© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteDurbuy
Durbuy's touristic trainA fun visit of the smallest city in the world, finishing on the heights of the town.
- L'Espérance: Nismes touristic train© C. LevacqViroinval
L'Espérance: Nismes touristic trainItinerary presenting the iconic locations in Nismes: castle, park, Fondry des Chiens...
- Donkey rides at Le Pré aux Ânes (Lierneux)© Le Pré aux Ânes - Gallemaers JoeLierneux
Donkey rides at Le Pré aux Ânes (Lierneux)Enjoy a donkey ride (saddled or with a carriage) in the Province of Liège for a few hours, a day or a full weekend. Both the animals and the guests are sure to enjoy the beauty of the Ardenne countryside.
- Gyrogo: Segway rental in Visé© AdobeStockVisé
Gyrogo: Segway rental in ViséA fun way to explore the Pays de Herve region! Gyrogo rents Segways, perfect for the whole family, and also can organise bespoke itineraries.
- The Little Train of Happiness© WBT-Antoine DavisterRebecq
The Little Train of HappinessAn enchanting experience! Every Sunday and public holiday between May and September, the Petit train du bonheur (or train of happiness) rides on the former n°115 SNCB line in Rebecq, passing the Senne and Bird Valley as it goes along...
- Naturâne A donkey farm in Bastogne© P. DelperdangeVaux sur Sûre
Naturâne A donkey farm in BastogneDiscover Pascal's universe. Originally a computer scientist, he gave it all up to dedicate his life to agriculture.
- Ânes et co: donkey rides in the Eau d'Heure lakes region© Elsa CassimansWalcourt
Ânes et co: donkey rides in the Eau d'Heure lakes regionÂnes et co in Walcourt offers a wide range of activities around wonderful animals: donkeys.
- Discover Tournai with a ride on the touristic train© VisittournaiTournai
Discover Tournai with a ride on the touristic trainThis 50 mn itinerary, starting from the belfry, is a wonderful opportunity to travel through the 2,000 years of history of the city.
- Schaltin: donkey rides in the province of Namur© Bouchat SophieSchaltin
Schaltin: donkey rides in the province of NamurCreated in October 2018, Flâneries organises nature activities and donkey rides in the countryside. Perfect as a romantic or family day out.
- Spa touristic train© O.T. de SpaSpa
Spa touristic trainExplore Spa all year round on board this sweet touristic train.
- Balad'âne: Donkey rides and carriages in Feluy© Luc ResselerFeluy
Balad'âne: Donkey rides and carriages in FeluyBalad’âne invites you to enjoy donkey rides in and near the village of Feluy, a fantastic way to reconnect with nature and discover the historical canal, the local fauna, flora and the castle.
- Escap'Anes | Donkey rides in Marche-en-Famenne© Alain DantinneMarche-en-Famenne
Escap'Anes | Donkey rides in Marche-en-FamenneLooking for the perfect day out with children? Donley rides guarantee a memorable experience.
- Seggo | Segway rides to discover Durbuy and Saint-Hubert© WBT - J.P. RemyDurbuy
Seggo | Segway rides to discover Durbuy and Saint-HubertLooking for a different way to discover Durbuy, Saint-Hubert and around? Try exploring the region with a Segway.
- Le Mont des ânes: donkey rides through the Ardenne© Le Mont des ânesMormont
Le Mont des ânes: donkey rides through the ArdenneEnjoy the pretty paths going through the Ardenne with a donkey who will be carrying your luggage. The adventure starts in Mormont, near Erezée. Children aged 6 and above can join the fun.
- The Ahinvaux estate (Yvoir)© WBT JP Remy MélinYvoir
The Ahinvaux estate (Yvoir)The Anhivaux estate offers a range of activities and quality infrastructures in the Bocq valley. Hikes, donkey rides... There is something for the whole family.
- Le p'tit train d'Houdeng brings the trains of your childhood back to life© Paula MondragonHoudeng-Goegnies
Le p'tit train d'Houdeng brings the trains of your childhood back to lifeRiding a train, impossible? Dreams do come true at the P'tit train d'Houdeng. Sitting on your own electric or steam train, you can enjoy being the driver on a 1,600 m long network of tracks.
- BaladÁnes: donkey rides in L'Hermeton© Karl BondroitSautour
BaladÁnes: donkey rides in L'HermetonExplore a preserved, green region by donkey, discovering sweet villages, the peacefulness of the countryside and woodlands along the way. You might even meet a deer, roe or stag!
- The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in Habay© WBT JP Remy MélinHabay-la-Vieille
The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in HabayL'asinerie de l'O offers a cheerful, countryside setting where everyone is welcome: children, teenagers, families, visitors with specific need, groups...
- Little touristic train© FTLB - P. WillemsLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Little touristic trainThis itinerary first goes through the city then goes up toward the wildlife park and the arboretum. You will have the possibility to hop off at both parks and catch up a later train back to town. Groups: possibility to book and choose a different itinerary.
- The Escafène farm in Ragnies (near Thuin)© WBT JP Remy MélinRagnies
The Escafène farm in Ragnies (near Thuin)The Escafène farm, in Ragnies (one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia), organises nature activities for children: teaching farm, organic agriculture, donkey rides...
- Esprit de l'Ane | Donkey rides in La Roche-en-Ardenne© WBT - Caroline RaseLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Esprit de l'Ane | Donkey rides in La Roche-en-ArdenneL'Esprit de l'Ane, a charity dedicated to donkeys, was created by Kelly and Geoffrey who have provided a home to 14 of these adorable animals. Passionate about nature, they organise courses, rides and walks in La Roche-en-Ardenne and its region.
- Train touristique de Rochefort© SI de RochefortRochefort
Train touristique de RochefortStep on board Rochefort's tourist train to discover the region, its natural sites (Panorama du Rond du roi, Grotte de Lorette…) and cultural heritage
- The Hautes Fagnes railbikes | Elsenborn© WBT - Julie NevenElsenborn
The Hautes Fagnes railbikes | ElsenbornLooking for an original activity with family or friends? Try the Railbike and pedal through the beautiful wooded landscape of the Haute Fagnes.
- Chimay's touristic train© SI de ChimayChimay
Chimay's touristic trainThis sweet touristic train starts from the Grand Place in Chimay and takes visitors to Virelles via the Maillon Vert: a fantastic ride along the Eau Blanche river, offering lovely views of the Prince des Chimay park.