We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritage© Grotte de LoretteRochefort
The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritageThe Cave of Lorette, part of the Caves of Han domain, can be found in the province of Namur, only 300 m from the centre of Rochefort.
- Domain des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
Domain des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège© Les Grottes de RemouchampsSougné-Remouchamps
The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of LiègeThe Grottes de Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège, have been open to the public since 182 and offer a boat ride on the Rubicon.
- Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)The Grotte de Comblain, listed as an underground cavity of scientific interest, can be found in the Liège province, on the hills of the Comblain-au-Pont vil
- The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in Couvin© Office du Tourisme de CouvinCouvin
The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in CouvinLet the skills of nature as an artist amaze you once more... Sculpted by the 'Eau Noire' river 300 million years ago, the Neptune Caves, in Petigny, are one of Belgium's oldest underground cavities.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Floreffe caves© Jerôme ClissenFloreffe
Floreffe cavesThe story starts in 1860, when Emile Henkinbrant starts digging the foundations of his neomedieval astle. Never did he expect to stumble onto a stunning kastic phenomena, complete with fascinating rooms and 800 m of underground galleries
- Grottes de Goyet Architectural Site© Grottes de GoyetGoyet
Grottes de Goyet Architectural Site.The Caves of Goyet constitute an exceptional archaeological site in Belgium tjust a few kilometres from the city of Namur ..
- Seggo | Segway rides to discover Durbuy and Saint-Hubert© WBT - J.P. RemyDurbuy
Seggo | Segway rides to discover Durbuy and Saint-HubertLooking for a different way to discover Durbuy, Saint-Hubert and around? Try exploring the region with a Segway.
- The Scladina Cave | An archeologic site in the Ardenne© Archéologie AndennaiseSclayn
The Scladina Cave | An archeologic site in the ArdenneThis excavation site, still active an open to the public, is one of the Prehistoric locations in Belgium.
- Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-Semois© Morgane Vander LindenAlle-sur-Semois
Ardois'Alle | The mysterious world of slate quarries in Alle-sur-SemoisDiscover the exceptional setting of one of the last Belgian slate quarries.
- The Caves of Hotton: a geological gem© WBT - MT Ourthe et Aisne - C.MottetHotton
The Caves of Hotton: a geological gemLocated in the province of Luxembourg, the Caves of Hotton are part of Wallonia's protected natural heritage: a real geological gem!
- Gyrogo: Segway rental in Visé© AdobeStockVisé
Gyrogo: Segway rental in ViséA fun way to explore the Pays de Herve region! Gyrogo rents Segways, perfect for the whole family, and also can organise bespoke itineraries.
- The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical location© M. LaurentEtalle
The Trou des Fées in Virton: a magical locationWell known by the locals, these exceptional caves feature in many legends linkeds to D’jean dMady but also to the Gaume fairies.
- The Spy cave, an exceptional paleolithic site© Olivier Lereylac - AWPAJemeppe-Sur-Sambre
The Spy cave, an exceptional paleolithic siteFollow the steps of your Neandertal ancestors in the Grotte de Spy, near Namur.
- La Merveilleuse, a grotto in Dinant© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
La Merveilleuse, a grotto in DinantDiscovered in 1904, "La Merveilleuse" is considered one of the most beautiful grottos in Belgium.
- The Recht slate quarry© VoG Schieferstollen Recht - Xavier FerRecht
The Recht slate quarryIn this spectacular quarry, visitors can admire the impressively high rooms where the local Recht slate was mined. The 800 m long trail includes an observation bridge offering a memorable panorama on the site.