We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Western-City: the American West at the heart of the Ardenne© Western-CityChaudfontaine
Western-City: the American West at the heart of the ArdenneCowboys, Indians, Sheriff, saloon: get ready to explore the American West in Chaudfontaine.
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayHoudeng-Goegnies
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating site© H.C.T - C.CarpentierRonquières
The Ronquières inclined plane: a fascinating siteLocated on the Charleroi-Bruxelles canal, the Ronquières inclined plane compensates a 70 m drop: a rather unique feature.
- The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in Wallonia© WBT - S. WittenbolThieu
The Strépy-Thieu funicular lift, a river gem in WalloniaLocated on the Canal du Centre, the Strépy-Thieu funicular lift is the largest boat lift and its 73.15 metres incline is the largest in the world. An absolute must see if you are travelling through the Hainaut region.
- Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and family© FTBWWavre
Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and familyOne of the most famous theme parks in Belgium! Their mascot, a kangaroo, welcomes families at the entrance to guide them through the many attractions. A new area, Exotic world, has opened this year.
- The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in Godarville© FTLB - P. WillemsChapelle-lez-Herlaimont
The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in GodarvilleThe Domaine de la Claire-Fontaine in Godarville has activities for the whole family. Swimming, adventures, sport, fishing but also relaxing ones...
- The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Pascal PiersonFroidchapelle
The Spin cablepark: a waterski lift at the Eau d'Heure lakesThe Spin Cablepark is a waterski lift on a lake instead of a mountain: perfect to enjoy nautical sports and wakeboarding! Go on - dive in...
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- The lake of Bambois and its gardens© Lac de BamboisFosses-la-Ville
The lake of Bambois and its gardensThe gardens of the Bambois lake, in Fosses-la-Ville, offer stunning green spaces. The site, listed ny Natura 2000, has much to offer: a bird observatory, boats to go fishing, discovery trails... You can even go wild swimming and enjoy 2 sandy beaches.