We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- The Solvay Estate | La Hulpe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Hulpe
The Solvay Estate | La HulpeThe Solvay Estate in La Hulpe, listed as "Exceptional cultural site in Wallonia", features part of the Sonian Forest and the Château de La Hulpe.
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- Aqua Mundo: a fantastic water park in Vielsalm© Milan VermeulenVielsalm
Aqua Mundo: a fantastic water park in VielsalmAqua Mundo is a fantastic water park in the Center Parcs Les Ardennes (Vielsalm), perfect for a fun and relaxing day.
- The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)© B.LorquetSpa
The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)Nestled at the heart of the forests near Spa, by the Fagne de Malchamps, this estate opens its spaces to the public: a panoramic tower, a tree planted park with a pond and picnic area. It is also home to the Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux and to the CRIE.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- The Aulne Abbey© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne AbbeyThe ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey are nestled on the right bank of the Sambre, in a place beautifully called "Vallée de la Paix" or Valley of peace. The atmosphere is indeed very soothing and calls for a pleasant walk.
- Parc Accrobranche Dinant Aventure: a tree top challenge© JP SedranAnseremme
Parc Accrobranche Dinant Aventure: a tree top challengeThe Parc de Dinant Aventure, which overlooks the Lesse and Meuse valleys, offers thrilling adventures in a stunning natural setting.
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile rougeBoussu-lez-Walcourt
"Le Crocodile Rouge" - a surprising amphibious bus at the Eau d'Heure lakesExploring the Eau d'Heure Lakes (the largest water complex in Belgium) on the back of a red crocodile, in fact an amphibious bus: now there is an idea to ta
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of character© Abbaye de Maredsous asblDenée
Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of characterThe Maredsous Abbey, in the Molignée valley, is one of the most beautiful ones in Belgium. Make the most of your visit to admire the architecture of the monastery and taste the famous cheese and beer made on site.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- Coo Adventure, an outdoor activity centre in Ardenne© Coo AdventureStavelot
Coo Adventure, an outdoor activity centre in ArdenneThe Coo Adventure outdoor centre guarantees a fun and thrilling day in the Ardenne. Nature, smiles and adrenaline rushes will be on the program.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- The Nisramont lake and dam (La Roche-en-Ardenne)© WBT - Caroline RaseNisramont
The Nisramont lake and dam (La Roche-en-Ardenne)The Ardenne enjoys amazing natural sites, the lake of Nisrasmont for example. Perfect for hikes and water fun... Make sure to visit the dam too.
- The Bütgenbach lakes and its VENNtastic Beach (Eastern Cantons)© An Van Rie CommunicationBütgenbach
The Bütgenbach lakes and its VENNtastic Beach (Eastern Cantons)The Bütgenbach lake, created by the Warche dam, offers a wide range of sports and outdoor activities. Why not enjoy VENNtastic Beach on its banks? Monitored swimming zone, trampolines, pedal boats, play areas, kayaking... There is something for everyone.
- The Floreffe Abbey© ®MTSO - JB Van AchterFloreffe
The Floreffe AbbeySituated on a promontory overlooking the Sambre Valley, the Floreffe Abbey enjoys the status of being listed as one of Wallonia’s Special Heritage Sites. The building, founded by Saint Norbert in 1121, contains many artistic, architectural and historic treasures.
- The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - Eupen© WBT - PériplétiesEupen
The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - EupenLocated at the confluence of the Vesdre and the Getzbach in Eupen, this dam is the third reservoir of potable water in Belgium. On its side, the visitor centre offers a stunning view of the construction and nearby woodlands.
- Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | Rebecq© Moulins d'Arenberg - Yves-Henri FeltzRebecq
Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | RebecqStep back in time as you enter the space of the Petit Moulin d'Arenberg in Rebecq. Enjoy visiting the neighboring beer house ...
- TheDomaine du lac de Cherapont | Fishing and swimming in Gouvy© wdagamerGouvy
TheDomaine du lac de Cherapont | Fishing and swimming in GouvyJust 5 minutes from the Duchy of Luxembourg and the Eastern Cantons, the Domaine du Lac de Cherapont (Gouvy, Hautes Ardennes) is ideally located for fantastic days out.
- Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)© WBT- Pierre PauquayJemappes
Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)This stunning park is only a few minutes walk away from the town centre of Jemappes, a sweet village in the Hainaut. Its 20 hectares are a pure invite for strolls.
- Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy de Rochefort Abbey© WBT-DenisErroyauxRochefort
Notre-Dame de Saint-Rémy de Rochefort AbbeyA community of Trappist and Cistercian monks of strict observance live on the abbey.
- The lake of Genval and its yacht club© WBT - Denis ErroyauxGenval
The lake of Genval and its yacht clubThis large stretch of water (18 hectares) stretches along the forest of Soignes, a mere 20 km of Brussels: quite a fantastic site and a pure invite to relax! It also is home to the Genval Yacht Club.
- Domaine de Mirwart© WBT - J.P. RemySaint-Hubert
Domaine de MirwartThis stunning estate near Saint-Hubert offers nature-lovers a wealth of green spaces, stretching over 1,350 hectares. The two streams, lined with willows and maple trees are perfect excuses for walks and picnics.
- Lake Gileppe Dam© Barrage du lac de la GileppeJalhay
Lake Gileppe DamLooking for a unique day out? Come and see the lake Gileppe dam, a masterpiece of structural engineering. Nature, leisure: there is much to do!
- The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume region© M.LaurentBaranzy
The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume regionThe Cussignière marshes stretch over a vast plain between the Batte river and the Cussigny stream in Lorraine.
- The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streams© Circuits-sainte-julienne.beVisé
The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streamsThe Julienne estate stretches over 80 hectares by the stunning castle of Argenteau offers a wonderful day out with children or friends. This incredible green space includes woodlands, ponds and a leisure centre.
- Renipont Plage: a swimming area in Lasne (Walloon Brabant)© C. T Sas - Destination BWLasne
Renipont Plage: a swimming area in Lasne (Walloon Brabant)200 tons of white sand, a water slide, rowing boats, beach volley and pétanque grounds: Renipont Plage is much more fun than a swimming pool!
- The Coo waterfall (Province of Liège)© WBT - David SamynStavelot
The Coo waterfall (Province of Liège)This waterfall, right at the heart of the village of Coo, is not only stunning: it also is the highest natural one in the whole of Belgium. The Amblève river falls down a full 15 metres height.
- The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university town© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university townThe lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, 7 hectares wide, was created in 1984 as a storm basin and fishing pond. A path invites visitors to walk around it.
- The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)© FTBWLimelette
The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)Take a stroll in these 5 hectares of woodland in Limette (near Ottignies/Louvain-la-Neuve in the Walloon Brabant). Perfect for a family day out!
- Maboge-Plage, beach and river swimming near La Roche-en-Ardenne© FTLB - P. WillemsMâboge
Maboge-Plage, beach and river swimming near La Roche-en-ArdenneMaboge, a charming forestry village near La Roche-en-Ardenne, has its own beach, open to all. Why not stop by and swim in the river and enjoy this peaceful, green setting? Maboge also is the perfect place to go kayaking down the Ourthe from.
- The lake of Conchibois in Saint-Léger© Lac de ConchiboisSaint-Léger
The lake of Conchibois in Saint-LégerNestled in a green little haven in Saint-Léger (Gaume), the lake of Conchibois offers activities for the whole family - including swimming in high-quality water.
- La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-Hubert© FTLB P.WillemsFreux
La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-HubertVisit a unique, organic fish farm in Belgium and discover how trouts and Atlantic salmons are grown. This impressive estate in Libramont-Chevigny has no less than 30 ponds.
- The Coeurcq ponds in Tubize© O.T. TubizeTubize
The Coeurcq ponds in TubizeIn Turbize (Walloon Brabant region), the Coeurcq ponds and waterfalls are a real invite to take a stroll, relax or even go fishing.
- The Pécrot pond, a fishing site near Grez-Doiceau© Henri MoriasGrez-Doiceau
The Pécrot pond, a fishing site near Grez-DoiceauThis stunning 5 hectares pond, listed by Natura 2000, is located in Pécrot in the Brabant part of the Ardenne.
- Fish in the stunning setting of the Cendron ponds in Momignies© AquaphotoForge-Philippe
Fish in the stunning setting of the Cendron ponds in MomigniesThe Cendron ponds in Forge-Philippe, near Momignies in the Botte du Hainaut region, offers a range of activities and fishing options in a stunning natural setting.
- Fishing in the ponds of the vallée des Prés (Oignies-en-Thiérache)© La Treignoise a.s.b.l.Viroinval
Fishing in the ponds of the vallée des Prés (Oignies-en-Thiérache)The ponds in the Vallée des Prés, in Oignies-en-Tiérache near Viroinval, are a Natura 2000 site dedicated to fishing (for a day, month or whole year).
- Trout fishing at the Vivier pond© AquaphotoCouvin
Trout fishing at the Vivier pondThe Vivier pond, near Couvin (South of the province of Namur), will delight anyone with a liking for trout fishing.
- Trout fishing in Bra-sur-Lienne (Ardenne)© La Treignoise a.s.b.l.Lierneux
Trout fishing in Bra-sur-Lienne (Ardenne)The Bra-sur-Lienne fishery near Lierneux (Ardenne) is ideal to fish trout.
- L'île Robinson: a relaxing island on the Meuse© Ville de ViséVisé
L'île Robinson: a relaxing island on the Meuse
- Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of Stavelot© PAMStavelot
Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of StavelotThe former ponds of the Stavelot Abbey are now a peaceful nature reserve and a real paradise for fishermen...
- Lake Warfaaz | Near Spa© Office du Tourisme de Spa – Gaêtan PleinSpa
Lake Warfaaz | Near SpaFishermen, nature and pedal boat lovers are sure to enjoy the lake of Warfaaz, near Spa.
- A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | Lomprez© WBT - S.BurgeonWellin
A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | LomprezNear the village of Welin, the Natagora nature space offers a short - but delightful - walk in a wetland area, where the Ave stream overflows.
- Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)© P. VanderoostHabay
Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)Located at the heart of the Chiny forest (province of Luxembourg), the Vierre lake, also known as the Suxy dam, offers a splendid nature area. Visitors can fish there - carps, mainly, but also trout, tenches, roaches and perches.
- Page 1