We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- Page 1
- Château de Louvignies© FTLB - P. WillemsChaussée-Notre-Dame-Louvignies
Château de LouvigniesSet in the countryside, only a few kilometres from Soignies in the province of Hainaut, the Château de Louvignies awaits.
- The Solvay Estate | La Hulpe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Hulpe
The Solvay Estate | La HulpeThe Solvay Estate in La Hulpe, listed as "Exceptional cultural site in Wallonia", features part of the Sonian Forest and the Château de La Hulpe.
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- The Château de Beloeil estate© WBT - J.P. RemyBeloeil
The Château de Beloeil estateBuilt in the 14th century, this massive turreted chateau is surrounded by a wide moat connected to a series of lakes and channels which wind through one of the largest and most ornate French-style gardens in Belgium.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© Val de LesseLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)© B.LorquetSpa
The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)Nestled at the heart of the forests near Spa, by the Fagne de Malchamps, this estate opens its spaces to the public: a panoramic tower, a tree planted park with a pond and picnic area. It is also home to the Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux and to the CRIE.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- Château de Jehay | Amay© JP Rolin Province de LiegeAmay
Château de Jehay | AmayLocated in the province of Liège, the Château de Jehay offers a remarkable architecture, unique in Europe. This impressive historical building, surrounded by moats, seems to appear as if by magic as you walk past the forest.
- Modave Castle and its exceptional gardens© WBT - J.P. RemyModave
Modave Castle and its exceptional gardensThe Modave castle, listed as major cultural heritage of Wallonia, is well worth the detour. Built on a rocky hill in the province of Liège, it is said to date back to the Middle Ages.
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)© WBT – Dominik KetzHastière
Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)Freÿr sur Meuse, a Renaissance castle with stunning gardens, is part of Wallonia's protected architectural heritage.
- The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe and its estate | The Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Hélécine estate | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- Fishing at the Fond de Paradis ponds (Gouvy)© Josy MottetBovigny
Fishing at the Fond de Paradis ponds (Gouvy)Discover the Fond de Paradis pond in Courtil-Bovigny (near Gouvy, province of Luxembourg). Its enchanting, peaceful setting will delight those interested in trout fishing.
- The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)© FTBWLimelette
The Buston woodlands and ponds (Walloon Brabant)Take a stroll in these 5 hectares of woodland in Limette (near Ottignies/Louvain-la-Neuve in the Walloon Brabant). Perfect for a family day out!
- Fish in the stunning setting of the Cendron ponds in Momignies© AquaphotoForge-Philippe
Fish in the stunning setting of the Cendron ponds in MomigniesThe Cendron ponds in Forge-Philippe, near Momignies in the Botte du Hainaut region, offers a range of activities and fishing options in a stunning natural setting.
- Trout fishing in Bra-sur-Lienne (Ardenne)© La Treignoise a.s.b.l.Lierneux
Trout fishing in Bra-sur-Lienne (Ardenne)The Bra-sur-Lienne fishery near Lierneux (Ardenne) is ideal to fish trout.
- Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of Stavelot© PAMStavelot
Fishing and relaxing at the ponds of StavelotThe former ponds of the Stavelot Abbey are now a peaceful nature reserve and a real paradise for fishermen...
- La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-Hubert© FTLB P.WillemsFreux
La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-HubertVisit a unique, organic fish farm in Belgium and discover how trouts and Atlantic salmons are grown. This impressive estate in Libramont-Chevigny has no less than 30 ponds.
- The Pécrot pond, a fishing site near Grez-Doiceau© Henri MoriasGrez-Doiceau
The Pécrot pond, a fishing site near Grez-DoiceauThis stunning 5 hectares pond, listed by Natura 2000, is located in Pécrot in the Brabant part of the Ardenne.
- Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)© P. VanderoostHabay
Vierre lake and dam | Suxy (Gaume)Located at the heart of the Chiny forest (province of Luxembourg), the Vierre lake, also known as the Suxy dam, offers a splendid nature area. Visitors can fish there - carps, mainly, but also trout, tenches, roaches and perches.
- A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | Lomprez© WBT - S.BurgeonWellin
A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | LomprezNear the village of Welin, the Natagora nature space offers a short - but delightful - walk in a wetland area, where the Ave stream overflows.
- The château de la petite Flémalle and its park© Marlène DelliseFlémalle
The château de la petite Flémalle and its parkOn your way to visit the Ardent city, why not stop in Flémalle and visit its castle and park? They won't fail to delight you.
- Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)© FTLB - P. WillemsJemappes
Jemappes communal park (Hainaut)This stunning park is only a few minutes walk away from the town centre of Jemappes, a sweet village in the Hainaut. Its 20 hectares are a pure invite for strolls.
- Fishing in the ponds of the vallée des Prés (Oignies-en-Thiérache)© La Treignoise a.s.b.l.Viroinval
Fishing in the ponds of the vallée des Prés (Oignies-en-Thiérache)The ponds in the Vallée des Prés, in Oignies-en-Tiérache near Viroinval, are a Natura 2000 site dedicated to fishing (for a day, month or whole year).
- Château de Waroux© Commune d’AnsAlleur
Château de WarouxThe Château de Waroux, property of the commune of Ans, is easy recognisable by its sleek and elegant spire. The site, at the entrance of the region of...
- Renipont Plage: a swimming area in Lasne (Walloon Brabant)© C. T Sas - Destination BWLasne
Renipont Plage: a swimming area in Lasne (Walloon Brabant)200 tons of white sand, a water slide, rowing boats, beach volley and pétanque grounds: Renipont Plage is much more fun than a swimming pool!
- TheDomaine du lac de Cherapont | Fishing and swimming in Gouvy© wdagamerGouvy
TheDomaine du lac de Cherapont | Fishing and swimming in GouvyJust 5 minutes from the Duchy of Luxembourg and the Eastern Cantons, the Domaine du Lac de Cherapont (Gouvy, Hautes Ardennes) is ideally located for fantastic days out.
- The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streams© Anne ZinnenVisé
The Julienne estate in Visé: woodlands, ponds and streamsThe Julienne estate stretches over 80 hectares by the stunning castle of Argenteau offers a wonderful day out with children or friends. This incredible green space includes woodlands, ponds and a leisure centre.
- L'île Robinson: a relaxing island on the Meuse© Ville de ViséVisé
L'île Robinson: a relaxing island on the Meuse
- The Coeurcq ponds in Tubize© O.T. TubizeTubize
The Coeurcq ponds in TubizeIn Turbize (Walloon Brabant region), the Coeurcq ponds and waterfalls are a real invite to take a stroll, relax or even go fishing.
- Trout fishing at the Vivier pond© AquaphotoCouvin
Trout fishing at the Vivier pondThe Vivier pond, near Couvin (South of the province of Namur), will delight anyone with a liking for trout fishing.
- The lake of Conchibois in Saint-Léger© Lac de ConchiboisSaint-Léger
The lake of Conchibois in Saint-LégerNestled in a green little haven in Saint-Léger (Gaume), the lake of Conchibois offers activities for the whole family - including swimming in high-quality water.
- Maboge-Plage, beach and river swimming near La Roche-en-Ardenne© FTLB - P. WillemsMâboge
Maboge-Plage, beach and river swimming near La Roche-en-ArdenneMaboge, a charming forestry village near La Roche-en-Ardenne, has its own beach, open to all. Why not stop by and swim in the river and enjoy this peaceful, green setting? Maboge also is the perfect place to go kayaking down the Ourthe from.
- The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university town© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university townThe lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, 7 hectares wide, was created in 1984 as a storm basin and fishing pond. A path invites visitors to walk around it.
- The Coo waterfall (Province of Liège)© WBT - David SamynStavelot
The Coo waterfall (Province of Liège)This waterfall, right at the heart of the village of Coo, is not only stunning: it also is the highest natural one in the whole of Belgium. The Amblève river falls down a full 15 metres height.
- Gardens in bloom at the Château des Ducs d'Havré (near Mons)© ASBL chateau d’HavréHavré
Gardens in bloom at the Château des Ducs d'Havré (near Mons)The Château des Ducs d'Havré, near Mons, is home to splendid flower gardens, fully in bloom between June and September.
- La Vallée du Lac | A leisure centre in Neufchâteau© FTLB - P. WillemsNeufchâteau
La Vallée du Lac | A leisure centre in NeufchâteauLa Vallée du Lac is a fantastic leisure centre in Neufchâteau (Province of Luxembourg).
- Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | Rebecq© Moulins d'Arenberg - Yves-Henri FeltzRebecq
Petit Moulin d'Arenberg an House of Beer | RebecqStep back in time as you enter the space of the Petit Moulin d'Arenberg in Rebecq. Enjoy visiting the neighboring beer house ...
- The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume region© M.LaurentBaranzy
The Cussignière marshes, a unique site in the Gaume regionThe Cussignière marshes stretch over a vast plain between the Batte river and the Cussigny stream in Lorraine.
- The lake of Genval and its yacht club© WBT - Denis ErroyauxGenval
The lake of Genval and its yacht clubThis large stretch of water (18 hectares) stretches along the forest of Soignes, a mere 20 km of Brussels: quite a fantastic site and a pure invite to relax! It also is home to the Genval Yacht Club.
- The Bütgenbach lakes and its VENNtastic Beach (Eastern Cantons)© An Van Rie CommunicationBütgenbach
The Bütgenbach lakes and its VENNtastic Beach (Eastern Cantons)The Bütgenbach lake, created by the Warche dam, offers a wide range of sports and outdoor activities. Why not enjoy VENNtastic Beach on its banks? Monitored swimming zone, trampolines, pedal boats, play areas, kayaking... There is something for everyone.
- Domaine de Mirwart© WBT - J.P. RemySaint-Hubert
Domaine de MirwartThis stunning estate near Saint-Hubert offers nature-lovers a wealth of green spaces, stretching over 1,350 hectares. The two streams, lined with willows and maple trees are perfect excuses for walks and picnics.
- Lake Gileppe Dam© Barrage du lac de la GileppeJalhay
Lake Gileppe DamLooking for a unique day out? Come and see the lake Gileppe dam, a masterpiece of structural engineering. Nature, leisure: there is much to do!
- Page 1