We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
Label, certification or network
- La Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and Crafts© La SpiraleNatoye
La Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and CraftsThis unique art centre presents all along the year, the work of 30 local artists and artisans working wood, metal clay, stone... as well as exhibitions on a wide variety of themes.
- ÔÔ Paradis des Sens (Walcourt)© ÔÔ Paradis des SensWalcourt
ÔÔ Paradis des Sens (Walcourt)ÔÔ Paradis des Sens will awaken your senses through unexpected immersive experiences in Walcourt.
- The Godefroid de Bouillon Archéoscope© Archéoscope Godefroid de BouillonBouillon
The Godefroid de Bouillon ArchéoscopeThe Archéoscope Godefroid de Bouillon will take you onto an incredible immersive journey: the history of the very first crusade...
- Musée de la Ville d'eaux | Spa© D. HoubrechtsSpa
Musée de la Ville d'eaux | SpaLocated in the former Villa Royale, residence of the second queen of the Belgian Marie Henriette, the Museum de la Ville d'eaux unveils the history of Spa.
- Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in Cuesmes© Jean-François BerhinCuesmes
Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in CuesmesLocated near Mons, the Maison du Marais is dedicated to Vincent Van Gogh, one of the greatest painters from the 19th century.
- The Horse Museum in Spa© J. HertaySpa
The Horse Museum in SpaCome and discover, in Queen Marie-Henriette's former stables, a permanent exhibition on equestrian activities in Spa.
- The Aulne Abbey© WBT - S. WittenbolGozée
The Aulne AbbeyThe ruins of the Cistercian Aulne Abbey are nestled on the right bank of the Sambre, in a place beautifully called "Vallée de la Paix" or Valley of peace. The atmosphere is indeed very soothing and calls for a pleasant walk.
- Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of Tournai© visittournaiTournai
Le Couloir du Temps et De la Pierre au Ciel: to movies presenting the story of TournaiLe Couloir du Temps, a multimedia spectacle now screened at the Tourist Office, presents the 2,000 years of history in the town of tournai in just 20 minutes.
- The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in Binche© Musée international du Carnaval et du MasqueBinche
The Musée international du Carnaval et du Masque in BincheThe Musée International du Carnaval et du Masque de Binche, at the very heart of a city famous for it Carnival characters (named the Gilles), invites you to discover the region's many festivals and traditions.
- Tournai Natural History Museum and Vivarium© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Natural History Museum and VivariumThe Natural History Museum in Tournai, Belgium, features rich collections and a vivarium. Its 19th century setting has been wonderfully preserved.
- The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in Bastogne© Claudy RaskinBastogne
The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in BastogneThese two museums, at the very heart of Bastogne, will reveal the magic of the Ardenne traditions and culture, from the ethnographic heritage to religious craft.
- La Grange aux Potiers> the Dubois pottery and its museum (Bouffioulx)© LDV ProductionBouffioulx
La Grange aux Potiers> the Dubois pottery and its museum (Bouffioulx)Nestled in a farm, at the heart of the village of Bouffioulx,the Dubois pottery reveals to visitors the skills of creating glazed pieces from the local sandstone (internationally famous), an art which started in medieval times in this region andis still kept alive.
- Gardens in bloom at the Château des Ducs d'Havré (near Mons)© ASBL chateau d’HavréHavré
Gardens in bloom at the Château des Ducs d'Havré (near Mons)The Château des Ducs d'Havré, near Mons, is home to splendid flower gardens, fully in bloom between June and September.
- The Château d'Havré (near Mons)© Les Amis du Château d’Havré - Nicole DarvilleMons
The Château d'Havré (near Mons)The Château d'Havré is a beautiful, ancient building built just on the outskirts of Mons, in Belgium.
- The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries await© Céline DemelenneLes Hayons
The Ferme des Fées: legends and mysteries awaitThe Ferme des Fées (the Fairies' farm) near Bouillon invites you to discover a world of legends, a journey to the 19th century Ardenne.
- Maison de la Science | Liège© Maison de la ScienceLiège
Maison de la Science | LiègeThe Maison de la Science is the perfect place for those who love science and want to share it with their children. Expert science facilitators, interactive and surprising activities, educational workshops, artefacts from the university's collection...
- TAMAT: Tournai contemporary centre for textile arts© TAMATTournai
TAMAT: Tournai contemporary centre for textile artsThe historic town of Tournai is home to TAMAT, the Centre for Tapestry, Wall Arts and Textile Arts of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchard© WBT-Bernard BoccaraWépion
The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchardOnce you have tried the delicious Wépion strawberries, make sure to visit this museum, an absolute must see to better understand the local terroir.
- Andenne's Ceramics Museum© WBT- Pierre PauquayAndenne
Andenne's Ceramics MuseumThe Andenne ceramics museum invites you to discover the history of ceramics. Period pieces, a firing oven and a workshop animates the visit ....
- Discover Thuin and its boat making history at the Thudo Ecomuseum© MT - Pays des LacsThuin
Discover Thuin and its boat making history at the Thudo EcomuseumThuin, once a boatmen's town, reveals part of its history to visitors. Step on board this narrowboat-museum, anchored by the Quai de Sambre and discover what the daily waterway life used to be like in the region.
- Musée de la vie d'autrefois et du Tarare in Racour© Eddy KruytLincent
Musée de la vie d'autrefois et du Tarare in Racour
- Arlon's Archaeological Museum© WBT- Pierre PauquayArlon
Arlon's Archaeological MuseumThis Archaeological Museum features a Gallo Roman section made quite unique by its Galleria Lapidaria. Add 425 sculpture from funerary monuments and civilian buildings: quite a fascinating journey through time...
- The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museums© WBT - J.P.RemySaint-Hubert
The Fourneau Saint-Michel estate and it museumsThe Fourneau Saint-Michel estate, nestled in the Saint Hubert forest, is home to 2 exceptional sites: the Museum of Country Life and the Iron Museum.
- The Gaspar Museum, Arlon© Musée GasparArlon
The Gaspar Museum, Arlon
- Namur Museum of Ancient Arts & Oignies Treasure© G FocantNamur
Namur Museum of Ancient Arts & Oignies TreasureLocated in a listed 18th century patrician hotel, the museum displays works of art from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance from the Namur region.
- Puppet Museum© Jan D'HondtTournai
Puppet MuseumThe Puppet Centre of Tournai invites you to discover the art of puppetry in all its forms ....