Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in Hamoir© The Outsider ArdennesHamoir
The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in HamoirThe Outsider Ardennes invites you to join their various sites in the Ourthe Valley (Hamoir, Comblain-Fairon, Comblain-la-Tour et Comblain-au-Pont) and try one of the many activities on offer.
- The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in Godarville© UtopixChapelle-lez-Herlaimont
The Claire-Fontaine leisure centre in GodarvilleThe Domaine de la Claire-Fontaine in Godarville has activities for the whole family. Swimming, adventures, sport, fishing but also relaxing ones...
- Château de Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visit© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteChimay
Château de Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visitThis superb castle, more than a 1,000 years old, is near the Scourmont abbey which makes the Trappist Chimay beer.
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.