We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of character© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteDenée
Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of characterThe Maredsous Abbey, in the Molignée valley, is one of the most beautiful ones in Belgium. Make the most of your visit to admire the architecture of the monastery and taste the famous cheese and beer made on site.
- Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakes© WBT - David SamynBoussu-lez-Walcourt
Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakesCome and have fun at Natura Park, a tree top adventure set in a forest near the Eau d'Heure lakes. Fully set in nature, it will delight the whole family with its many activities.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- The Château de Seneffe, its estate and its Silverware Museum© Domaine de Seneffe asbl - Francis VaubanSeneffe
The Château de Seneffe, its estate and its Silverware MuseumThe Château de Seneffe estate and its Museum feature one of Belgium's most important silverware collections.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countryside© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countrysideThe TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in Hamoir© The Outsider ArdennesHamoir
The Outsider Ardennes: an adventure park in HamoirThe Outsider Ardennes invites you to join their various sites in the Ourthe Valley (Hamoir, Comblain-Fairon, Comblain-la-Tour et Comblain-au-Pont) and try one of the many activities on offer.
- The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day out© WBTAnhée
The Draisines in Molignée: rail bikes perfect for a fun day outHave fun riding a rail bike, allowing you to travel at your own pace on former railway tracks. The trail goes through the picturesque Molignée valley, between Falaën and Maredsous.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and family© FTBWWavre
Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and familyOne of the most famous theme parks in Belgium! Their mascot, a kangaroo, welcomes families at the entrance to guide them through the many attractions. A new area, Exotic world, has opened this year.
- Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in Soumagne© Domaine provincial de WégimontSoumagne
Domaine provincial de Wégimont: a leisure park in SoumagneThis charming leisure center is nestled in a 22 hectares park planted with trees and flowers, near the Herve plateau.
- The Brasserie du Val Dieu and its abbey (Aubel)© Abbaye du Val-DieuAubel
The Brasserie du Val Dieu and its abbey (Aubel)The Cistercian abbey of Val Dieu is a major site for pilgrimage and traditional Belgian beers in Belgium.