Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
We do our best to keep our information up to date but it's always best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website - to see their latest opening hours and entry conditions.
- L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is made© Espace ChimayBourlers
L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is madeL'Espace Chimay, dedicated to Chimay cheese and beer, presents the Chimay Experience, an interactive visit of the brewery. To be consumed with no moderation!
- The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in Wallonia© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège), a museum dedicated to life as it used to be in WalloniaThe Musée de la vie wallonne, in the heart of Liège, presents the history and lives of Wallonia from the 19th century to the present days.
- Liège Aquarium-Museum© Aquarium-Muséum de LiègeLiège
Liège Aquarium-MuseumThe Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in Bastogne© Claudy RaskinBastogne
The Musée en Piconrue and the Maison des Légendes: two fascinating museums in BastogneThese two museums, at the very heart of Bastogne, will reveal the magic of the Ardenne traditions and culture, from the ethnographic heritage to religious craft.
- ArtHouse: masterpieces by 20th century artists in Chaudfontaine© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
ArtHouse: masterpieces by 20th century artists in ChaudfontaineThis incredible museum features in its permanent collections work by the greatest artists of the last century: Magritte, Picasso, Matisse, Warhol, Folon are only a few of the master painters to admire there. This cultural space is family friendly and a wonderful place to introduce younger generations to modern art.
- Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial Revolution© Bernard VanroyHoudeng-Aimeries
Bois-du-Luc: a UNESCO mining site, witness of the Industrial RevolutionThe Bois-du-Luc mining site was one of the main witnesses of the industrial revolution in Wallonia. This extraordinary historical heritage, wonderfully well preserved, is protected by UNESCO.
- Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- Musée Royal de Mariemont | Morlanwelz© Musée royal de MariemontMorlanwez
Musée Royal de Mariemont | MorlanwelzOpened since 1975, set in a splendid park, the Musée royal de Mariemont features collections gathered by its founder Raoul Waroqué.
- Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near Liège© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantBlegny
Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near LiègeLocated east of Liège, this site is one of the four authentic coal mines left in Europe, all listed by UNESCO. Put your jacket and helmet on: the guided tour will take you through galleries 30 to 60 m underground!
- The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)© Claire HalleuxSpa
The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Domaine de Berinzenne)The Forest and Waters Museum, nestled in the Domaine de Bérinzenne in Spa, reveals the many secrets of the fauna and flora of the Fagnes.
- Musée de la Vie rurale à Huissignies© WBT - Olivier LegardienHuissignies
Musée de la Vie rurale à HuissigniesIn this museum, located in the province of Hainaut, time seems to have stopped.
- The Domaine des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Domaine des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countryside© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countrysideThe TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)The Grotte de Comblain, listed as an underground cavity of scientific interest, can be found in the Liège province, on the hills of the Comblain-au-Pont vil
- Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's time© PréhistomuseumFlémalle
Préhistomuseum de Ramioul | A journey to Cro-Magnon man's timeImagination is the wonder of children. In Wallonia, they can embody different personas on their travel adventures and transport the adults with them... At Prehistomuseum Adventure Park in Ramioul, you can channel your inner Flintstone as you try your hand at spar throwing or get comfortable in a cave. It's a place to m
- The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in Vieuxville© Steve CollinVieuxville
The Fort de Logne castle and museum: a medieval day in VieuxvilleLocated within easy reach of Durbuy, the castle and museum of Logne are sure to delight the family.
- The Musée de la Boverie: fine arts and exhibitions in Liège© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLiège
The Musée de la Boverie: fine arts and exhibitions in LiègeVisit La Boverie, an iconic cultural site in Liège: both an art museum and an international exhibition space.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- Museum of Photography | Charleroi© WBT - Denis ErroyauxMont-sur-Marchienne
Museum of Photography | CharleroiThe Museum of Photography in Charleroi is the most important photography museum in Europe. It features permanent and temporary exhibitions.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museum© JP BougnetOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museumLocated Place des Sciences, Louvain-la-Neuve's university museum or L Museum, invites you to discover its rich interdisciplinary collections. This new cultural and art space has found its home in the former Science and Technology Library, at the very heart of the student district.
- Maison du Parc-Botrange© Parc naturel HF-E ASBLWaimes
Maison du Parc-BotrangeLocated on the highest site of the country, between the Fagnes plain and forest crossed by mountain streams, the Maison du Parc-Botrange welcome visitors in their quest to reconnect with outdoors activities and discover the largest Nature reserve in Belgium.
- Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventure© WBT - J.P. RemyStavelot
Stavelot Abbey: the perfect alliance of culture and adventureStavelot Abbey, a Benedictine abbey funded in 651, is a fascinating historical site with quite a modern touch: an abseiling experience from the top of the abbey tower.
- The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-Pont© Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-AmblèveComblain-Au-Pont
The Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève in Comblain-au-PontHoused in an old presbytery dating from the 17th century, the Musée du Pays d'Ourthe-Amblève, invites visitors on a fascinating journey in the history of man, from Prehistoric times to today.
- Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)© Patrick ChristodouleasLiège
Musée des Transports en commun de Wallonie (Liège)Liège's Public Transport Museum invites you to (re)discover the vehicles of the past. A real journey through time!
- The History Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy and the Espace Wibald© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The History Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy and the Espace WibaldThe Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy offers a modern, clever, fascinating itinerary through the galleries presenting the story of the region.
- ReGare, Fosse la Ville interpretation centre© Pauline LinardFosses-La-Ville
ReGare, Fosse la Ville interpretation centreReGare, the interpretation centre dedicated to local and regional heritage, unveils all about the folk festivals of Fosses-la-Ville!
- Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and family© FTBWWavre
Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun day with friends and familyOne of the most famous theme parks in Belgium! Their mascot, a kangaroo, welcomes families at the entrance to guide them through the many attractions. A new area, Exotic world, has opened this year.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- The Grand Curtius: a fascinating museum complex in Liège© WBT - J.P. RemyLiège
The Grand Curtius: a fascinating museum complex in LiègeThe Grand Curtius celebrates the link between object and society. Built between the 17th and 21st century, fully renovated, it offers a fascinating visit to all those wishing to learn more about Liège's history. This museum organises many exhibitions throughout the year.
- Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the Gauls© WBT - DenisErroyauxRochefort
Malagne, the Archéopark presenting our ancestors: the GaulsTravel back to Gallo-Roman times! In this archeopark, between gardens and vegetable patches, you will have a chance to be a blacksmith, a potter, a baker... A wonderful immersive, historical experience.
- Liège Archeoforum: an archaeological museum featuring fascinating remains© IPWLiège
Liège Archeoforum: an archaeological museum featuring fascinating remainsLiège's Archaeoforum is an exceptional archaeological site located in the city centre, right under the Place Saint-Lambert.
- Le CID au Grand-Hornu | Centre d'Innovation et de Design© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
Le CID au Grand-Hornu | Centre d'Innovation et de DesignTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through time© Musée des CeltesLibramont
The Celtic Museum in Libramont: a fascinating journey through timeTravel back to a distant past, to Celtic time. The Musée des Celtes de Libramont will teach you about their daily life, beliefs and society structure through the rich archaeological heritage they left behind: dishes, tools, jewels... Conclude your journey with a didactic walk through the Bonance forest reserve.
- Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museum© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
Abbey de Stavelot: the Guillaume Apollinaire museumThe Guillaume Apollinaire museum retraces the stay of the poet in the region.
- The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vessels© Arthurs H. (Fédération du Tourisme de la Province du Hainaut)Ath
The Espace Gallo-Romain in Ath and its remarkably preserved vesselsThe boats and archaeological artefacts presented at the Espace Gallo-romain are the results of an exceptional discovery made in Pommeroeul in 1975. Join us on a journey through time to learn more about the Romans in Ath.
- Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du Cazier© WBT - J.P. RemyCharleroi
Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du CazierThe Musée de l'Industrie, in the Bois du Cazier, South of Charleroi, takes you back to the industrial revolution era.
- The fascinating megaliths of Wéris© Geopark Famenne ArdenneWéris
The fascinating megaliths of WérisThe rows of megaliths in Wéris add a surreal touch to the landscape. Such a sight is so unexpected… and yet, they have been placed there 3,000 years BC.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)© Abbaye de StavelotStavelot
The Spa-Francorchamps racetrack museum (Stavelot abbey)The museum, located in the Stavelot Abbey’s magnificent vaulted cellars, presents the prestigious history the Spa-Francorchamps racetrack, one of the most beautiful circuit in the world.
- La Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and Crafts© La SpiraleNatoye
La Spirale: Natoye Centre for Arts and CraftsThis unique art centre presents all along the year, the work of 30 local artists and artisans working wood, metal clay, stone... as well as exhibitions on a wide variety of themes.
- Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant region© Brabant wallonHélécine
Château d'Hélécine | Walloon Brabant regionHalfway between Brussels and Liège, this estate is home to an 18th century Neoclassical castle and a stunning park.
- Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La Hulpe© WBT - J.P. RemyLa Hulpe
Folon Foundation: a museum and exhibitions at the Château de La HulpeBelgian artist Folon presents over 500 art works in the the Castle of La Hulpe's farm, just 20 minutes from Brussels,
- Comblain-au-Pont bats interpretative centre© Asbl Les découvertes de ComblainComblain-au-Pont
Comblain-au-Pont bats interpretative centreThis interpretative centre, dedicated to bats, offers an interesting angle on the former quarries of Geromont: a Natura 2000 site in the Ourthe valley.
- Musée du Malgré-Tout & Prehistoric park in Treignes© OTVTreignes
Musée du Malgré-Tout & Prehistoric park in TreignesTravel through time thanks to archaeological artefacts found in the region, from Neanderthal to Gallo Roman times... The Musée du Malgré Tout, in Treignes, is sure to wow you.